SCHWAZZING AUTOFLOWER

DISCLAIMER
I'm just getting a topic going and If you decide to try it and don't like the results then don't be blaming me lol

But ive done it & others have too and have liked the results
I see that a lot off people is interested in learning about the method of heavy Defoliation at certain points of a grow. (SCHWAZZING)
So I would like to get a thread going regarding this so people can see the benefits off it and how this method is used to increase yeild and to also help out in other factors too.

I copied and pasted the info below from the THREE A lIGHT Google post
to help people out​

THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SCHWAZZING
WHAT IS SCHWAZZING?
A Schwazze is essentially an extreme defoliation. Where 100% of the fan leaves are removed from the plant during specific times of the flowering cycle.

How can trimming and pruning a cannabis plant possibly increase its yield? It’s kind of Yin and Yang if you think about it. On one hand we take away, and on the other, we receive!

Our favorite comparison is working out at the gym. When you break down your muscles through constant repetition and heavier weight, your muscles grow stronger and larger. By removing fan leaves from the plant, we are creating more space for airflow, light penetration, and most importantly, we are refocusing the plant’s energy where it matters most: flower development.

WHY USE THE SCHWAZZING METHOD?
One word: Yield. We’ve found that we can dramatically increase our total yield with just 2 Schwazzes at key points in the flowering cycle. The industry standard yield without Schwazzing is around 1.5 to 2lbs per 1000 watt bulb. With Schwazzing, we’ve been able to consistently produce 3 pounds per light and are seeing results north of 4 pounds per light as we continue to optimize the process.

This leads to savings on all fronts, you can generate the same amount of cannabis from a smaller area, meaning you need less space to grow. Energy is saved as you’ll produce so much more per square foot.

If you’re looking for a corporate board room description: Schwazzing allows the plants’ resources to be more effectively allocated. Think of it this way, every single leaf and bud on the plant is pulling nutrients from the soil, using more water, and requiring more light. With a good Schwazze, you reallocate these resources to provide them where we want them most, in the buds.

WHY DOES SCHWAZZING WORK?
Schwazzing works for multiple reasons. The more you think about why this is helping, the more it makes sense. It seems counter-intuitive and destructive at first, but it’s a process that naturally trains the plant to produce more.

A Schwazze will provide the optimum light penetration through the canopy. This increases airflow and light to the lower nodes on the plant. You are essentially eliminating all shade spots. Allowing the energy to focus on the tips instead, where it needs to be focused for more flowering.

The increased airflow provides the plant with a much stronger O2 and CO2 exchange. Basically, it lets it breathe!

In addition, Schwazzing eliminates homes for pests and mildew that can ruin your plants.
IS SCHWAZZING THE SAME AS DEFOLIATION?
Although the idea is similar, defoliation is almost never taken to this extreme of a level. Defoliation is a process that has been used for centuries for many different plants and helps to achieve higher crop yields, it’s even used to produce cotton.
SCHWAZZING IN A HOME GROW SETUP
Schwazzing began in a home grow setup and can be used very effectively on a small scale. Schwazzing has also been scaled up to accommodate larger commercial grows as well.

The only tools you will need are a sharp pair of scissors and patience.
HOW DO YOU SCHWAZZE?
Before we go too deep here, let’s get a little disclaimer in. Schwazzing is a method that can either help you deliver your highest yield ever, or cause plant lock and hermaphroditic plants. Please proceed with caution!

You probably have the basic idea now, trim away the fan leaves. Be advised timing, approach, quantity, and nutrients all play a huge part in this equation. If these exercises aren’t executed properly you can ruin your crop.

You can use this method if you have a hydroponic setup.

If any one would like to add any pics or info to get this thread going then your more than welcome to.

Last edited:
Bro… to be honest. Not one bit impressed by your grows. With the way you rant I would think you would have something impressive going on over there but all I see are a bunch of small little plants that have plenty of light and space around them. If I grew like you I probably wouldn’t be pruning as much, but I’m into high production crops grown in small areas.
I have all the proof I need from the experience that I have gained over the years. When I first started growing SOG I never took leaves off my plants and always ended up with the lower half of the plants shaded and grew lots of lime green larf back then. After I started to experiment with defoliation my high density canopies were opened up and had much more light and airflow going to the bottom of the plants resulting in hardening up everything down below. More light plus more airflow equals denser and higher quality buds. And that’s a fact! Doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure that one out. Lol
I’m done bro!
Always a waste of time dealing with ignorance.
as i was illegal for most of my life, i never showed the room grows. just my personal closet grows and experiments. i never said my grows were great looking. back then we were pretty nervous about showing anything more than personal use on line. the plants were smallish as i was always crowding the closets, trying new strains and F2s that i made. 2 ounces a plant was average, my mother plants were kept for years. i grew so many plants per grow, if the cops ever wandered in i would still be in prison. i would also never mention selling. hiding and carefully wording posts was a survival strategy.

ignorant? yeah, that's the right word for fanboys and true believers.
I’m done bro!

:deadhorse:

lol

i just made my thoughts on defoliating known. you true believers are a funny group. your proof doesn't hold water unless tests are done such as mentioned in the article i posted.as i said, do your thing. no hair off my ass but tell my why everybody who grows doesn't do this every grow? i know why, it has something to do with no gain or gains so tiny it's not worth it.

i would crowd so many plants in a small space you could hardly find the pots to water them. there isn't a grow method i haven't tried except denuding my plants. the reason i never did that is, as i have mentioned, retarded. and when other people in the group did it, they usually stopped after a couple grows saying it didn't do anything except make their yeilds smaller

sensi star, swiss bliss, stonehedge and SSH grow | International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

lots of space for the plants? uh huh
Did you even take time to look through the thread or just come straight in spouting your meaningless opinion. All the proof you need is documented in this thread, set what you think you know aside and read. There’s also pictures if you can’t read. Name calling because people disagree with your opinion, classless and not necessary.

world don't strip their plants of leaves? it's because they aren't retarded.

Not a nice way of putting it, but also completely wrong. If you do your research, you'll see that growers in Jamaica (and no doubt across the world) have been stripping their plants for years and it seems like it's aquired knowledge probably from their grannys.

Proofs in the pudding, but if you wanna compete with the competent schwazzers (and it's a new thing for me too) .. put up your photos of non trained plants that are better (and mold free) and i'll doth my cap.

Until then ... it's just suspicious, unadventurous and stubborn blibber blabber

:toke:

Good luck

edit:

Saw this afterwards /// :crying::crying::crying: kettle and pot and all that

Did you even take time to look through the thread or just come straight in spouting your meaningless opinion. All the proof you need is documented in this thread, set what you think you know aside and read. There’s also pictures of you can’t read. Name calling because people disagree with your opinion, classless and not necessary.
ouch. you guys are very protective of the handful of people who show how remarkable cutting off all the leaves is. i read the thread. i will ask this question until one of you answer it - WHY isn't every grower doing this? it's so obvious that it's a miracle and that hard botany supports it 100%? why? are we too stupid? to arrogant? to mean?

"Name calling because people disagree with your opinion, classless and not necessary." pot calling the kettle blackish!

i just expect more babble. yolo bro!

Last edited:
i'm bored now. this appears like it will go on for a long time and frankly, my interest wanes as fast as a new cat youtube shows up.

you guys are fun but repeating the same shit over and over doesn't make it true. doesn't make you knowledgeable and doesn't make me wrong.

i will now pretend that i believe the nonsense -

OMG i just started cutting off all my fan leaves and my 6 legal plants produce 23 ounces per plant! it's a fucking miracle!! i can't believe 90% (made up number) of growers don't do it! they are fools! fools i tell you!

happy now?

1674665288083.png

NORBY

Cheer up
ouch. you guys are very protective of the handful of people who show how remarkable cutting off all the leaves is. i read the thread. i will ask this question until one of you answer it - WHY isn't every grower doing this? it's so obvious that it's a miracle and that hard botany supports it 100%? why? are we too stupid? to arrogant? to mean?

"Name calling because people disagree with your opinion, classless and not necessary." pot calling the kettle blackish!

i just expect more babble but i live for it. yolo bro!
I had to read my comment again, I didn’t name call. I may have been a little condescending but I think it’s warranted in this situation. You’re calling everyone who’s posted on this thread incompetent and ignorant and whatever else you’ve said. I don’t have time to read through all your comments. A respectful conversation gets you a lot further. Actual proof, which is abundant in this thread supporting stripping your plants, goes even further.

Schwazzed & tied down
This thread is for people to post pictures and talk about the schwazzing method not to argue if it works or not.
Peace & love

i'm bored now. this appears like it will go on for a long time and frankly, my interest wanes as fast as a new cat youtube shows up.

you guys are fun but repeating the same shit over and over doesn't make it true. doesn't make you knowledgeable and doesn't make me wrong.

i will now pretend that i believe the nonsense -

OMG i just started cutting off all my fan leaves and my 6 legal plants produce 23 ounces per plant! it's a fucking miracle!! i can't believe 90% (made up number) of growers don't do it! they are fools! fools i tell you!

happy now?

View attachment 1559293

I grow thousands of plants at a time. I've easily brought close to 40,000+ cannabis plants to full term commercially now and I run a commercial cannabis grow currently in Colorado.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have about schwazzing plants.

That said, you WILL kindly watch your mouth when you're a guest on this forum. You've been insulting to multiple members here for no reason, and no one gives a shit about your justifications of acting that way. Being a rude asshole will get you booted from this forum; this is your only warning and I was hesitant to even give you that much.

I grow thousands of plants at a time. I've easily brought close to 40,000+ cannabis plants to full term commercially now and I run a commercial cannabis grow currently in Colorado.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have about schwazzing plants.

That said, you WILL kindly watch your mouth when you're a guest on this forum. You've been insulting to multiple members here for no reason, and no one gives a shit about your justifications of acting that way. Being a rude asshole will get you booted from this forum; this is your only warning and I was hesitant to even give you that much.
Yo @Son of Hobbes ! Do you do any of this at the farm or at home? Pretty radical concept but clearly seems to work for some

Back