New Grower Second Auto Grow in the Auto Garage.

Well, if you're sure. You're the one there.
That's a shame!
Hey it happens. I tried something new and messed up. They should be pretty big going into week 3 but they haven’t even developed any true leaves. They probably all have the same massive taproot to nowhere since they are all doing the same thing.

I'm not too sure if it's all that nice. I hate to be a Debby downer in my own thread, but I think i messed up the 2 cup method. They are all kinda stunted out and have stopped growing with vigor. We opened up one of the double cups and found a tap root spiraling around the lower cup. I obviously didn't allow for big enough drainage holes. It's about 4-5 inches long. I'm pretty sure it's not going to transplant. I'm probably just going to cull these and either plant in single cups and transplant or do the dirt replacement. You live and learn I guess.
Mine was worse, roots poking out the drain holes and roots going somewhat around the cup. i didn't do the 2 cup method so i had to scissor cut the cups in half and i know i upset the roots. only 1 of my 4 plants was horribly stunted but even that 1 baby plant is cool to watch grow.

Have hope and see what happens

Mine was worse, roots poking out the drain holes and roots going somewhat around the cup. i didn't do the 2 cup method so i had to scissor cut the cups in half and i know i upset the roots. only 1 of my 4 plants was horribly stunted but even that 1 baby plant is cool to watch grow.

Have hope and see what happens

agree
Yeah im not so sure its the cups.. looks more like the soil is a little bit too much for them,, and often they can acclimate to it but sometimes not...

I appreciate the positive feedback, but this just seems like too big of a tap root to bother with transplanting. I'd imagine it's the same in the other cups. We are almost done with week 3 and they are nowhere near where they need to be. I'm pretty sure the holes in the cups weren't allowing for enough air flow and air pruning or whatever.
imagejpeg_1 (1).jpg

agree
Yeah im not so sure its the cups.. looks more like the soil is a little bit too much for them,, and often they can acclimate to it but sometimes not...
I cut the FFOF with 1/3 Peat and perlite so i don't believe it was too hot. Maybe it was though? I can go to 50/50 next time and see what happens.

I cut the FFOF with 1/3 Peat and perlite so i don't believe it was too hot. Maybe it was though? I can go to 50/50 next time and see what happens.

4 parts FFOF
1 Part Perlite
.5 Parts Rice Hulls
**1 TBLSP Down To Earth Bio-Live 5-4-2 per 5 gallons of mixed dirt.** 1 or 1.5?
** Cups Build a Flower per 5 Gallons of mixed dirt.**

I dont see peat listed in your soil ingredients, did you do that afterwards? Some types of peat have a low ph.. I think its the Canadian sphagnum peat thats down in the 4s..otherwise that shouldnt really be a concern..

That is a bit of a strong mix (for autos)to start seeds directly in. The DTE bio live probably only made it stronger especially with the build a flower in the mix which is pretty potent for baby plants. The build a flower alone more than compensated for the aeration you added...

I always start my seeds in a seed starting mix and maybe I sprinkle a little of my soil mix in the bottom if i know its a bigger strain.

I appreciate the positive feedback, but this just seems like too big of a tap root to bother with transplanting. I'd imagine it's the same in the other cups. We are almost done with week 3 and they are nowhere near where they need to be. I'm pretty sure the holes in the cups weren't allowing for enough air flow and air pruning or whatever.
View attachment 1311508
Did you put drain holes in the outter cup... 100% necessary.

Did you put drain holes in the outter cup... 100% necessary.
Hi. I’m sorry if it’s hard to follow this grow. I really don’t know what I’m doing as far as blogging or whatever. I tried to follow the guide but if you couldn’t tell, I suck. I wrote up the initial planting mix in the post for the day I planted; on the 9th of April...

The mix was as follows:
2/3s FFOF
1/3rd Peat Moss and Perlite mixed 70/30
1 teaspoon Mycho Bliss

I put drain holes all around the bottom of the outer cup, but I think the inner cup needed a bunch more holes or it needed to be offset from the inner cup to allow for air flow. I think that’s where I went wrong. The tap roots probably are spiraling around just like the one in the pictures is.

I’m pretty sure I screwed myself.

Hi. I’m sorry if it’s hard to follow this grow. I really don’t know what I’m doing as far as blogging or whatever. I tried to follow the guide but if you couldn’t tell, I suck. I wrote up the initial planting mix in the post for the day I planted; on the 9th of April...

The mix was as follows:
2/3s FFOF
1/3rd Peat Moss and Perlite mixed 70/30
1 teaspoon Mycho Bliss

I put drain holes all around the bottom of the outer cup, but I think the inner cup needed a bunch more holes or it needed to be offset from the inner cup to allow for air flow. I think that’s where I went wrong. The tap roots probably are spiraling around just like the one in the pictures is.

I’m pretty sure I screwed myself.

Yeah im confused.. I thought you used build a flower in the soil mix.. I dont know whats going on anymore :baked:

Back