Seed Stockers Seed Stockers Sampler

4d-Rock

Geo-grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstocker Purple Punch, Silver Lime Haze CBD, BCN Critical
Hey friends! Welcome to my new journal!

@Seedstockers_Mischa had been kind enough to provide some test seeds which I will be growing and showing, well, that’s the theory at least. I’ll do my best to keep them happy and they will be what they will be. I’ve heard great things from others around the forums so I’m pretty pumped to try them out.

Additional to testing out some new strains, this will be my maiden grow for my recently won Mars Hydro SP150. I was lucky enough to win it from their Halloween contest, so shout out to @Marshydro for their continued support on these forums.

So let’s talk Details

Space
: 2’x3’x4.5’ tent
Lights: Mars Hydro SP150 (135w), if I need more light I Can add 55W Homemade AutoCOBs or 135W HLG QB288, Run at 20/4 schedule
Strains: Purple Punch Auto, BCN Critical XL Auto, & Silver Lime Haze CBD Auto
Grow Medium: Pro-mix HP in 3 Gallon fabric pots
Nutrients: Megacrop V2, Bud Explosion in flower, CaliMagic if needed
Ventilation: 4” Variable speed 190CFM inline exhaust fan with Carbon Filter, passive intake, 6” fan or tower fan for circulation
Environment: shooting for approx 24-26C/60% RH
Water Source: My tap water comes from the lake I live near, which is then put through a charcoal and UV filter. This runs at about 7pH and 60-70ppm. I have an Apera PH60 meter and a cheap ppm meter to keep tabs on inputs, and an Apera Soil Probe to check medium pH

So I want to first start with the light. This is a pretty nicely put together piece of equipment. Feels nice and solid, good quality feeling materials. Unfortunately not a mean well driver but a generic one.
B4171743-8199-4E9E-88AC-DF6FF969E1B7.jpeg

97BAED6C-3398-4459-80C8-0E27BAD99F79.jpeg

586127DC-E485-49DE-B7E8-4220DE73378F.jpeg

This thing is bright too! Fits really nice in the 3’x2’ tent. I like how you can insert the metal hangers anywhere along the body rather than only from the ends, much more flexible. I currently have it hung as high as I can get with ratchet hangers (if I had to I could probably find a way to position it up another 4” or so). This gives about 36” to the top of my pots, which at that distance is giving me 12-14k lux. So probably a good place for seedlings as it doesn’t have dimming capabilities.
I’m really interested to see how this grows compared to my other lights, seeing how this one has varied coloured lights including the far red whereas my COBs are 3500K and my QB is 3000K.

Anywho...on to the grow!
29FC5FF9-D835-470D-B6C5-10D4F9F5DC34.jpeg

One of Each seed was soaked in water with a dab of hydrogen peroxide, then placed on my Internet modem. After 24hrs, they were put into a towel in a ziploc bag, then back on the router.
During this time, I had presoaked each pot with a mix of 2g/gal MegaCrop (200ppm incl. base), pH’d to about 6.3.
The seeds had sprouted tails after 24hrs in the towels, so into the pots they went.
CC954C08-654E-4E01-A6C4-BCBDC5DB6117.jpeg

That brings us to today, 48 hours later and all 3 ladies are up. Still sporting some headgear but I’ve been giving periodic squirts with a spray bottle to keep things moist so they can fall on their own.
9A3BB0FD-6563-461E-B32C-3BA8F7A4859D.jpeg

8833B188-D1E5-42B9-BC6E-0E86326D61A6.jpeg

14409A29-2AF8-4B89-ADDB-E78409335AC3.jpeg

My plan from here is to give them plain water until around day 10, then start with 2g/gal MC and increase by 1g/gal a week until 4g/gal, unless the plants tell me otherwise. I will be alternating feed and plain ph’d water as well. I’m still having trouble dialing in my nutes so this time I’m keeping it simple with just MC, no sweet Candy or kelp ( well maybe some foliar kelp), I still haven’t decided if I’m going to add Bud Explosion in the end.

Thanks for reading, I hope you check back occasionally and feel free to chime in with any suggestions or comments.
Let’s get growin’!

Off to a good start! I grew the SLH CBD and loved it, I really want to get more seeds of that one for sure sometime in the future. Really good resin production and smelled amazing. Looking forward to seeing how these three do :pop:

Thanks @RivetGrrl and @nizmoKush for stopping by and the kind words. It should be an interesting grow on several fronts. New light, new (to me) strains, and a modified feed schedule to see if I can get to the finish line without any major deficiencies or lockout.

Day 4
Things are coming along, I’m trying to keep the tent around 25C and 60-70%RH in these early stages. I gave each pot 1 Litre of plain water 6.1pH, around the edges to keep things moist. I’ll keep checking to see when they are going to need a watering. Smaller amounts until they are more established and I can start watering til runoff.
A30D70FA-4DBB-4C65-B998-A960B3401FD7.jpeg

@Waira @Only1Sky @Garage_Grower @Dabber @Master_gRoshi @autobeast @GeorgeCloney @Mizzo81 @Bigg Al @Boognelson87 @Mañ'O'Green @elcoloan @lunarman @pop22 @Recycled @Nosias @Simplicio @davisgirl @F.N. @MassMom @HemiSync @shumway

Hey all, some of you had checked into my previous grows so figured I’d throw in a mention in case anyone wants to keep tabs on my new one. Feel free to tag anyone in that you think may be interested.

Day 7 now, each got another 1L of plain water, 6.1pH, mostly around the edge of the pots.
15B50F2A-C0F7-4F04-BE5D-498E683B32A2.jpeg

4E97DEDF-C83F-4B24-B159-DC555B5FAD00.jpeg

2C282C6F-7739-455E-98B2-6DD3A7DD3F47.jpeg

42F468F4-2F86-4A25-87CB-B7BAB49CBCA6.jpeg

I still have the light about 36” above pots (12-14k lux) but the manufacturers guidelines say 24” for seedlings. These aren’t stretching much so I’m wondering if I should leave it or if I lowered it I would get better/quicker growth (though I think they are doing ok). The PP leaves are curling a bit but also had fallen over though this morning due to it being a bit top heavy and the stem isn’t thick enough to support it. I propped it up against a post until it can stand on its own.

Any thoughts/advice on light hanging height here?

@Waira @Only1Sky @Garage_Grower @Dabber @Master_gRoshi @autobeast @GeorgeCloney @Mizzo81 @Bigg Al @Boognelson87 @Mañ'O'Green @elcoloan @lunarman @pop22 @Recycled @Nosias @Simplicio @davisgirl @F.N. @MassMom @HemiSync @shumway

Hey all, some of you had checked into my previous grows so figured I’d throw in a mention in case anyone wants to keep tabs on my new one. Feel free to tag anyone in that you think may be interested.

Day 7 now, each got another 1L of plain water, 6.1pH, mostly around the edge of the pots.
View attachment 1268556
View attachment 1268557
View attachment 1268558
View attachment 1268559

I still have the light about 36” above pots (12-14k lux) but the manufacturers guidelines say 24” for seedlings. These aren’t stretching much so I’m wondering if I should leave it or if I lowered it I would get better/quicker growth (though I think they are doing ok). The PP leaves are curling a bit but also had fallen over though this morning due to it being a bit top heavy and the stem isn’t thick enough to support it. I propped it up against a post until it can stand on its own.

your off to a great start here I've grown the purple punch before and always wanted to grow the cbd cross so i will tag along for the ride

View attachment 1268556
View attachment 1268557
View attachment 1268558
View attachment 1268559

36 inches should be ok for the first week or two.
If you're doing Mega Crop.
Keep your ppm's in the 200-300 range for the first 2 weeks as well.
Then feed at 400-500 for 2 weeks, followed by 525 to 600 until harvest.
PH at 6.1 should be decent too.
Varie your ph from 6.0 to 6.4 every feed.
This will give you the best of all worlds for nute absorption.
Looking good !

Back