Mixed media?

Jpkindbud

Somnambulist
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White widow
So, I had an idea while I was waking up today. I don’t know if this has been done before and don’t know if possible… or beneficial.

My idea is, can you start a plant and veg in coco, say like a 1 gal pot, then transfer to a bigger pot with soil?

I’ll explain. Use coco to attain a good plant in veg in a 1 gal pot. Taking advantage of the growth that coco provides. Then transfer to its final pot with soil. So the vegged plant would retain its coco coir center but surrounded by soil for the remainder of growth thru flower… is it possible? What would be the benefits/ drawbacks of using this method.

So, I had an idea while I was waking up today. I don’t know if this has been done before and don’t know if possible… or beneficial.

My idea is, can you start a plant and veg in coco, say like a 1 gal pot, then transfer to a bigger pot with soil?

I’ll explain. Use coco to attain a good plant in veg in a 1 gal pot. Taking advantage of the growth that coco provides. Then transfer to its final pot with soil. So the vegged plant would retain its coco coir center but surrounded by soil for the remainder of growth thru flower… is it possible? What would be the benefits/ drawbacks of using this method.
Sounds like a viable idea. Only problem would be in it's transition from nutes used at the begining in coco to the nutes in the soil. Sounds like a worth while experiment.

I see no problems with that at all as long as you are using the same nutrients . :thumbsup:

Just thinking it would provide better root growth. I start in insta-transplant solo cups so I was thinking that coco would allow the roots to grow strong before hitting the soil.

Back