Grow Mediums Seedling mass genocide, need help

@Animatey, so after you've micro-waved your cubes, how long do you let them soak in RO water ? All night ?

I would use RO water to boil the cubes. After that I would soak them for about 30 seconds in 5.3 pH veg solution, and then pour some more of the solution through the cube to get a good amount of run off.

Best of luck!

I would use RO water to boil the cubes. After that I would soak them for about 30 seconds in 5.3 pH veg solution, and then pour some more of the solution through the cube to get a good amount of run off.

Best of luck!
Thanks a lot mate

Yes, PH pen calibrated every 2-3 weeks with a ph 4 solution + a ph 7 solution. Haven't checked the batteries (the pen tells me when batteries are dead) but will do.

what's your PPM, on the water?

if your tapwater comes in at 1 EC (as mine does) - just the water itself is enough to kill the seedlings, if they're from a more frail strain.
especially if out that 1EC you have 30% of it being chlorine :face:

what's your PPM, on the water?

if your tapwater comes in at 1 EC (as mine does) - just the water itself is enough to kill the seedlings, if they're from a more frail strain.
especially if out that 1EC you have 30% of it being chlorine :face:

Hey Sargeant, I know it's wrong but I've never used any PPM meters... never had to. Maybe it's time now.

Last edited:
Hey Sargeant, I know it's wrong but I've never used any PPM meters... never had to. Maybe it's time now.

Dude, read this:

I'm willing to bet you got stung the same way I did :D

LE: best case scenario, you buy a bum EC meter and some calibration fluid for it and you're stuck with them because they're still completely useless to you.
worst case scenario - like in my story - you start making your own RO water now :p

Last edited:
Yesterday I've cleaned the reservoir and there was some weird brown gooey substance on the pump and the reservoir. No weird odor but it's the first time I see that on +8 grows in hydro. Might be the Canna Aqua Vega wich maybe turned and isn't good anymore. I have some new bottles.
My girlfriend is doing a big birthday party in 2 days, lots of guests so my tent is down until saturday, hidden operations are on the very top of my list.
Saturday morning I will germ a Green Crack :drool:+ maybe a Fugue state or a Toothless Alien and will test every advice I had.

Last edited:
Yesterday I've cleaned the reservoir and there was some weird brown gooey substance on the pump and the reservoir. No weird odor but it's the first time I see that on +8 grows in hydro. Might be the Canna Aqua Vega wich maybe turned and isn't good anymore. I have some new bottles.
My girlfriend is doing a big birthday party in 2 days, lots of guests so my tent is down until saturday, hidden operations are on the very top of my list.
Saturday morning I will germ a Green Crack :drool:+ maybe a Fugue state or a Toothless Alien and will test every advice I had.
You go brother!! And while you are setting up. Do a preventative cleanse with H2O2 (6%) of all things used inside the tent, included the inside of the tent itself.

You go brother!! And while you are setting up. Do a preventative cleanse with H2O2 (6%) of all things used inside the tent, included the inside of the tent itself.

Added on the list !

Back