Seed Stockers Seedstockers Rucu Cucu - Auto

She looks awesome, great journal. :pass:
Hell now I gotta add these to my seedstockers list. Lots of white hairs still, reckon she could even get pushed to 12 weeks depending on the trichs. Looks like some great smoke for sure.

Day 71: Week 11 - Seedstockers claim between 10-11 weeks to finish and this one looks to be right on schedule.

I think it's about done! Going to cut in the next couple days. Been getting 1500ml of fertigation 3 times a day. Pulled out the regular camera and the microscope. I believe there is some foxtailing going on which I think looks neat and really really dense. I'll just let the pictures do the talking:

Had to put up some rigging lines to keep things from falling over and breaking off

P1040816.JPG

P1040784.JPG

P1040787.JPG

P1040799.JPG

P1040800.JPG

P1040802.JPG

Even the small one falling off the back looks decent!

P1040803.JPG

P1040811.JPG

And the microscope shots:

SingleShot0000.jpg

SingleShot0001.jpg

SingleShot0003.jpg

SingleShot0005.jpg

Oh shoot! @Cerebral Goo - This is the plant that I used the Jacks Finish on. It only received it from day 66 to 72. I think it worked well but the plant was so close to done. I really should have used it for the last 2 weeks to see results. In any case I mixed up a test gallon to see where it ended up ppm/pH wise.

Finish test mix:
1 gal of RO water
5.4g Finish
1g epsom salt

Final numbers after sitting for ~30min: 783ppm and 4.3pH
Very acidic.

I use a liquid silica supplement that brings pH up nicely. It took a couple test runs but in the end 15ml of the silica with the 5.4g/gal "finish" and 1.1g/gal epsom and final mix was 790-ish ppm and 5.9/6.0pH

I ran the standard 80% strength Jacks for almost all of the grow. I do bump the epsom salt a touch from 1g/gal to 1.2-1.3g/gal
I think it looks a little N heavy towards the end and I suspect using "finish" sooner would alleviate that. As would running maybe only 60-70% strength. Typical ppm was around 700-725 for almost the entire grow.

Early/mid flowering I ran into that spotting issue again. It seemed to resolve with the "bloom" booster PK bump. I suspected P def and that seemed to fix it. I was going to take MOGs advice but the product I ordered ended up in delivery purgatory.

PK boost was 2g/gallon of part A, B, epsom, and bloom. So 8g total of each one. Pretty strong but effective. I've seen the youtube Jacks growers using an MKP product but I wanted to try and solve it with what I had on hand. Seemed to do well. I think I should have only run it for one week and then onto the "finish" blend. Typical mix was 850ppm and took a lot of silica to buffer up to 5.9/6.0, tricky part is having to add silica first. If it's off, then pH adjust every watering and blend in more on the next batch.

I mix 4 gallons at a time as that's all the bucket I have space for and can lift! Ran RO water the entire run.

CaveDirtCody uses Jacks as well and I think he has a better handle on it than I do. He grows some really impressive plants and has stated that he runs full strength start to finish. A couple more runs and I should have it dialed in even better. Then start adding in the little magic bits here and there like kelp, aminos, etc.... For now I am quite happy with the Jacks starter bucket kit.

I bought the $165 version. I know I know! I overpaid for epsom salt but eh, whole kit nice and simple with no extra shopping trip needed. Fine with me.

Back