Sickly Sour Sixty

S

Stunted

My one and only S60 female has decided to get sick, this upsets me greatly...
It has developed some brown spots that are getting worse each day, these seem to be only on older leaves.
Soil PH is steady at 6.5
PPM is at 770
This is the only plant to have this problem, the other 3 S60 and 4 BS are fine... see http://autoflower.net/forums/showthread.php/797-Sour-60-and-Blue-Streak-seed-run

First picture is from the 1st the other two are from today (4th).

S60_1_April_2011_start_sick_[800x600].jpg S60_Female_Sick_4_April_2011_2_[800x600].JPG S60_Female_Sick_4_April_2011_3_[800x600].JPG

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Mananese: Growth is stunted; lower leaves have a checkered pattern of yellow and green...

Phosphorous: Entire plant is bluish-green, often developing a red or purpleish cast; lower leaves may be yellow, drying to a greenish-brown to black color; growth may be stunted...

Potassium: Leaves have a papery appearance; dead areas along the edges of leaves; growth is stunted...

Magnesium: Lower leaves turn yellow along the tips and margin and between the veins; the lower leaves wilt...

sounds like you might need some flower nutes? you stated ppm but not what mix that is.. can you tell us more? preliminary inspection appears to be one or more of the above. I'd def add a teaspoon of epsom salt in your next watering... might just be magnesium deff.

what ferts are you running?

http://autoflower.net/forums/showthread.php/11-Basic-Deficinecies-List?highlight=diagnose

Last edited:
@ JM, with catching most all of the plant health problems your "rank" or "status" thing should be like "Plant Dr." or "Plant Healer" or something like that. Man you are really on top of that!

thanks man... all in a days work... :)
its been great for me too... getting so i can glance and go "oh, needs this, or oh, needs that"

Thanks JM, the PPM listed is from the pre-ferted soil I am using and I believe this is where my problems have come from, sucked into a false sense of security based on my previous soil grows with non autos.
This is Osmocote pre-ferted mix and my first time using this brand, previously I was using BlackGold with some photo bagseed and only ever used water from start to finish and they were fine.
I can see why most people recommend NOT using pre-ferted mixes, my next attempt will be with some standard mix.
I have started to see what appears to be some deficiency in most of the males, lower leaves don't look right. And the BS female has also started developing some small yellowish patches mid way up the plant. Cant get any new pictures until much later in the day as the wife will likely beat me down if I go open my cupboard at 3am (which is the time here), she is funny like that...

So everything got a hit of GH Maxi Bloom (5-15-14) @ a little over 1000 PPM, hopefully this will fix things a little.
And I did read that thread you linked however as this is my first AutoFlower grow I thought it best to get assistance from those that had grown these before :)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to John Mondello again."
Sad :(

The spots make me think you need some cal/mag as well. I am about to water one with a double dose of calmax, to green her up a little.. But she is mid flower and full size, your's is just starting to flower.

My indica sour60's are very hungry girls for flower nutes as well..

TY Bailer, sadly at the moment the best I can do is give them some flower nutes and maybe pray a little.

And just to make sure my first AutoFlower grow is a nightmare I now have a fungus gnat infestation......yay me!

use about 1 tsp castile soap (if you have it) if not use dish soap per gallon of water next waering... should kill your gnats out... also... gnats tend to prefer wet, acid conditions... is it possible you're overwatering a bit?

and yes... preferted is def part of it... hope its not a toxicity... think bailer's right... some calcium wouldnt hurt either.... though I nbever run cal nutes, I walways add baby cereal... and i think that and my soil and nutes seem to supply enough... hope his info helps

also watch your soil ph after that for a bit... soap is basic and will tend to carry it up.

JM

Last edited:
Thanks JM, the gnats are very bad here at the moment, so bad that we have to close all doors and windows before the sun goes down.....even just the light from the T.V is like an open gnat party invitation.
I am careful with the watering and if anything I would be under watering, except for the nute watering they got yesterday which the actual watering part could have waited another day or two, but the nutes could not wait (maybe, we shall see in a few days).

even just the light from the T.V is like an open gnat party invitation.
lol... I know what you mean unfortunately... been there too! lol

ok... you should be ok then... might wait 2 days just to see how the nutes affect the other issues first... dont want to compound existing issues..

always glad to help mate

Back