Sickly Sour Sixty

I am really hoping that things pick up fast as I have the 6 males happily breeding gnats, that is not helping at all.
The minute I see some improvement in the females they will be pollinated and the males terminated, I would like to collect some pollen for later use but at the moment that is the least of my worries.

TY JM and Bailer for your input, it is greatly appreciated :)

where are your males in their phase? ball sacks yet?

they could be isolated at least.. just a thought...

np... we aim to please :)

There be ball sacks everywhere, pollen is starting to drop :)

The males are in one side of my cabinet and the females are currently in the other side squashed in with the 4x1 gallon DWC :)
Sounds good dont it, but my cabinet is not complete so there exists the possibility (read: most likely) of gnats and pollen going from one side to the other.

And I will not be fixing it as the cabinet is getting a full rebuild in mid May, going to have 230w of CFL on one side and a 250w HPS on the other.....shit I need this seed run to work or I will have a nice cab and no beans!

if they're droppin pollen you can cut em and hang em' :

Mossys K.I.S.S.
POLLENATION IDEAS FOR SMALL GROWS.
where there is no second room...and you don't want a Full pollenation...here are a few ideas
First of all...
You Don't need the Full male.
If you bring a male up to sex....there are a number of option.
ALL of these need to be done in a warm dry place.
Damp/moisture KILLS pollen.
Take him out of the grow room..place him in another warm dry area..
it doesn't even have to be in the light...he will Start flowering..and drop pollen.
Take him out of the grow room and remove a couple of the long-stemmed flower spikes...
Put in a glass of water..he will flower and pollenate same as Any other cut flower.
Take him out of the grow room...cut him down...
make a paper bag out of a couple of pages of newspaper....
pop him in and hang the Bag up...
in a couple of days he will have shed enough pollen in the bag to make a pollenation.
Manual pollenation is best done with a SOFT paint brush.
Dab the paint brush down into the pistils/bud...like insect legs transfering pollen into them.
Pistils will Normally wizen and start to withdraw within 24 hours..
unless you have a cold set up...and the transpiration in slowed.

some sour 60 phenos are sensitive on nutes, maybe you should lower the PPM or stop giving any nutes at its current age?

Stopping the nutes when using pre-ferted soil mix is kinda hard, I can stop the GH Maxi Bloom however I have only used that once the other day.
One option is to flush them and try to get some of the built in nutes out, but doing that now will likely cause an over watering problem.

thanks hisser! didnt know abou their sensistivity! portac... better to flush than continue on over-fertd... flush and get clean and stablie again... IMO

J

I decided 45 minutes after my last post to flush, details can be found in my grow thread.
http://autoflower.net/forums/showthread.php/797-Sour-60-and-Blue-Streak-seed-run?p=14331#post14331

Personally I think its a deficiency problem and not an over fertilization one, I base this assumption on the fact that all eight plants are now looking sickly to varying degrees and they all have different PPM. Some yellowing of lower leaf veins in the Males, some spots and leaf yellowing in the Females, however I could be totally wrong.
I will take some new pictures tomorrow to compare.

This is from Stitch's "Complete guide to sick plants, pH, and pest troubles":

Put potato slices on the surface of the soil. The larvae like it and will be drawn to it.. After about 4 to 5 days, remove the potato slices with the larvae. To get rid of them you can do a lot of things like either use a NO pest strip, neem oil or putting sand on the surface of the soil will suffocate the eggs and get rid of them as well. Tobacco juice kills them, and works well for re-occurrences!

They can be in or on the soil and can fly. In order to get rid of them you can use neem oil, sand or perlite on the surface again kills them, and no pest strips catch the ones that fly.

Back