Indoor Sinai pheno hunt

Sinai is supposed to have some semi-auto phenos. One male went into flower in the veg area and I was able to eliminate it.

20231006_052729.jpg

The Bastet pheno's backup cutting started flowering. This one's a semi-auto so I'm chopping it. I don't want to deal with clones that want to be in flower, and don't want to know if it's fire either. So she's got to go.

Most of them are very similar still at this point. All four parents were identical as well. One or two seem to be less branchy like their parents, and a few more branchy. Stem rubs are similar, and moderately citrus but nothing special. I just gave them names in case one of them is a standout. There are supposed to be two phenos, but I haven't seen the NLD/stretchy pheno yet after about 20 plants.

I'm just after good, old-school smoke. If I find that, I'll create an IBL. If not, I'll keep looking. I have loads of seeds and will just keep one or two in my tent until I find something. I don't have anything specific in mind at this point. FWIW, I did a culling a couple of weeks ago and removed the plants that didn't hold up as well to the wind or weren't branchy enough yet at this age to take good cuttings.
Good smoke. Low maintenance. Fits in a 5x5 tent. Fast flower. That's all I want. Keep it up!
The more we try, the less we fail.

Good smoke. Low maintenance. Fits in a 5x5 tent. Fast flower. That's all I want. Keep it up!
The more we try, the less we fail.
Truer words were never spoken. You just listed most of my strain selection checklist! :cooldance:

Amunet and Seth phenos are both on flower (days 29 and 27, respectively).
20231011_140857.jpg

They're each growing a little differently. Amunet has longer internode length but they each seem to have about the same mass in budley content. Their stem rubs smells are similar but different; buds currently smell the same. A light cucumbery smell I think, but it's early yet.

At least 30% of these plants have been semi-autoflowering, meaning no clones. But they were 4 months old before they got started, and I culled the autos anyway. In fact, I think I only have another 4 females in veg waiting, but will plant more seeds as I bring those ladies in.

Last edited:
I've encountered quite a few semi-autoflowering phenos, but the Amun pheno is my first herm. I put it on flower Friday the 13th. Today's the 16th. I should have known better than to start it on the Devil's day. :devil:

I got as close as I could with my camera phone but I can't really tell from the pictures.

20231016_135631.jpg

20231016_135623.jpg

I've encountered quite a few semi-autoflowering phenos, but the Amun pheno is my first herm. I put it on flower Friday the 13th. Today's the 16th. I should have known better than to start it on the Devil's day. :devil:

I got as close as I could with my camera phone but I can't really tell from the pictures.

View attachment 1639278
View attachment 1639279
Bummer Dude it definitely looks like a hermie but either way it's gotta go unfortunately unless you want to isolate it and get some pollen to do another run down the road. I actually like the looks of the Seth pheno more IMO.

Bummer Dude it definitely looks like a hermie but either way it's gotta go unfortunately unless you want to isolate it and get some pollen to do another run down the road. I actually like the looks of the Seth pheno more IMO.
Yeah me too. With all the culling I've done this run I should be ready to make some seeds!

Last edited:
I actually like the looks of the Seth pheno more IMO.
I just found a banana on Seth too - this morning. The other one that's in there (an nld pheno) hasn't hermed and it's a few days older (flipped 9/11). That's okay. I've got around 20 more seeds and my pheno is in there somewhere....

Last edited:
Earlier this year I said Sinai puts hard focus on the primary cola and doesn't really have other colas. I'm finding that's only true if you run 12/12 from seed. I should have known that.

They're actually really easy to train. Just use whatever method you use to create multiple colas and let her run. Most of the buds are on the tip of the branch, so my feeling is that she should just be topped at least three times. Maybe even four....

Her branches are really stiff and strong so once she's trained, you're done.

Anyway, I just put Khonsu in the flowering tent. So I'm currently running two Sinais with I think two more in veg.
20231021_091317.jpg

Back