OLD REVIEWS Smoke report Mephisto - Deep Blue C x 3 Bears OG!

AKA - HOG & Proud to be a DEPLORABLE!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
SeedBank : Mephisto USA

Strain: DBCx3bog

Did it autoflower?:
Yes at about 4 weeks I think

Soil/hydro: "CRAPPY" Fox Farms Happy Frog that seems to work great for me!!!

Nutes: Fox Farms Trio, Cal/Mag, Molasses, Great White, Bush Doctor microbe brew

Light (kind and schedule): Marshydro TS-1000 & SP150 - 20/4

From seed to harvest date:
69 days if my math is right??

Dry Yield: 3.5 to 4 ounces estimated

High/Effect Duration: This stuff was really good. It took a few hits to smack you but if you overindulged you had trouble finding things.. I gave some to a fried aand she smoked it and was going to go for a walk and realized that she forgot her shoes... That was funny shit!!

The buzz began in the top of your head and then settled quickly behind your eyes and then deep into the brain for a very nice couch lock. I helped with depression and PTSD symptoms as well as somewhat of a pain relief. It was a great smoke for just spacing around especially outside...

RATE SCALE: I would rate this at a strong 4.5 to a 4.9 on a scale to 5 - Great smoke!

BAG APPEAL: The buds were very nice and some very dense, some not so much. I think it would get a strong 4.5

THE GROWTH:
Trouble free from start very forgiving strain!

THE SMELL: Wow, this is where is was really cool.... It became pungent and then the smell became a very strong mothball odor (
Funny I didn't know Moths had balls??). Sorry....................

This may sound funky, but it was a really good smell and the buds were covered in trichs...

THE SMOKE: After a short cure, the taste had hints of berry, but almost a berry cream flavor... It was really tasty bud!

The longer it cured the more intense the creamy flavor came through.

THE HIGH: This strain shines for me... I like to smoke ass kicking stuff.....I love couchlock effect....... I also enjoy the sativa buzz, but my preference is stupid
stoned!
I usually smoke from a pipe since it's just easier to load a bowl and go, but the creamy taste really came through in bong hits... Do 3 hits and you had a pretty good buzz, smoke 3 or 4 more hits and I had trouble remembering shit as did my friend... A very good buzz!

I struggle with seeing trich coloration as I've said because of being colorblind so I try to watch other factors.... This was another INCREDIBLE strain from Mephisto!

Thanks Mephisto USA!

Last edited:
I harvested some of this a few weeks ago.
Got 5.5 oz dry in 4 sq ft of hydro.

I grow mostly sleepy strains to make edibles and oil tinctures.
I've tried tincture from this 4 times now, and it's working very well for sleep.
This strain is a keeper for me.

Another very good review, thanks!

I harvested some of this a few weeks ago.
Got 5.5 oz dry in 4 sq ft of hydro.

I grow mostly sleepy strains to make edibles and oil tinctures.
I've tried tincture from this 4 times now, and it's working very well for sleep.
This strain is a keeper for me.
What’s the recipe for your tincture

What’s the recipe for your tincture

I prefer oil tinctures that are liquid at room temperature.
Without a method of reclaiming 190 proof alcohol, making tinctures can be expensive.

Here's exactly what I did recently to make a 1/2 fl oz tincture bottle.
1. Decarb about 3/4 oz herb at 240 F for 40 minutes, or better yet use Ardent Nova/Lift/FX.
2. Grind 1/2 oz of decarbed herb to fine powder. Decarb will have caused some weight loss.
3. Add about 150 mL of 190 proof Everclear, and soak for an hour in a jar, pan, or flask with frequent stirring or shaking.
4. Let mixture settle, then pour out the liquid and strain thru a coffee filter and funnel.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 using 100 mL fresh Everclear.
6. If time permits, use 50 mL to soak overnight. This will pick up about 10% more medicine.
7. Reclaim the alcohol using a still, CAREFULLY boil it off with much ventilation, or let it evaporate over several days. The tar-like substance FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil) will remain.
8. Combine FECO, 3 g Lecithin, and enough oil (I use avocado or olive) to make 15 mL.
9. Bake mixture for 40 min @ 220 F.
Each drop of the resulting tincture will contain about 1 mg THC. I like to put this into capsules by the drop, and use with food. It can also be used sublingually.

This method is based on BrassNwood's excellent method from the GrassCity forums, which is based in turn on BadKat's recipes.
Many people prefer quick freezer-cold soaks using freezer-cold everything to reduce the pickup of cholorophyll and other unwanted things, but I like to get everything the plant has to offer.

The expensive Source reclaim device, or something like this can be used to reclaim alcohol.
Amazon product

The same general method can be used to make whole herb capsules instead. They are easier, but you'd have to swallow more of them. Leaving the decarbed herb powder in the oil is most efficient. If you have interest I can supply a recipe.

Back