Grow Mediums So I hopped aboard the autopot/megacrop train

Looking awesome hon.
I should be germing a few Fast Buds Gorilla OG soon.
megacrop, autocobs and autopots baby!!
:bighug:

Day 12 got 100ml of
2g/g MC
1g SC
.4g kelp
2ml calimagic
At about 220ppfd/15k lux u see 4000k qb135
Will probably turn airdomes on tomorrow

8022EE70-EC70-4206-8842-322B5FDFAF56.jpeg ED5F1094-121E-4BF5-A3D5-0F0CBC9ECCC3.jpeg 3C42C9E1-3CC5-4DA6-AA3B-5B0D044586C3.jpeg 47173FFD-5550-4F01-9CEF-4B3C5A4BDCF7.jpeg 0203087B-274C-40F7-93A0-5D1865CA9A9C.jpeg 0FDE358B-4116-4D22-BFB8-831F957DCD7C.jpeg

Day 16 they’re lookin a little light and I think I had some ph issues on a couple girls. Upped MC to 4g/g. Air domes are on. Feeding 710ppm at 5.8 and my runoff is 6.6-6.7 and 400ppm. Is that normal for runoff to be so different? Or do I only focus on the ph/ppm of the water I’m putting in/feeding
About 290ppfd/20k lux
1F4C3999-A47F-432D-8E05-77B88B9042A2.jpeg 2EC167AC-ECD8-4BC6-B218-76F52B3BF8FF.jpeg E40A1A22-FB24-4D4B-A40D-429C9C10A4E2.jpeg 9321CEF7-DF77-468A-AFE8-D7C90825AABF.jpeg 9A870C96-6594-4A6B-94D7-270AC5900D1C.jpeg 8A6F9308-3FBC-4729-B773-0057C2BCC966.jpeg

Regarding runoff question with coco grows ....in my limited experience with 5 grows
It is my opinion that it is not a reliable indicator of what is going on. The literature I have read from those growers who use coco are in favor/support this theory. However, there are those growers that do not support this and depending on the situation you are encountering it may help in some situations. Again, for ppm/tds and what the plant is doing with the nutes I have found it is not a reliable indicator, but you will find people who will disagree. In the field of botany, there is so many theories/debate/disagreement. You must find what works for you and just when you think you got it, you change a variable and that may effect other variables in your grow and things go down hill. That's what makes it fun for me. Problem solving. If all grows were the same, I would get bored and not grow....every grow is an adventure regardless of the outcome....enjoy the ride my friend ...your plants look great:pass:

Regarding runoff question with coco grows ....in my limited experience with 5 grows
It is my opinion that it is not a reliable indicator of what is going on. The literature I have read from those growers who use coco are in favor/support this theory. However, there are those growers that do not support this and depending on the situation you are encountering it may help in some situations. Again, for ppm/tds and what the plant is doing with the nutes I have found it is not a reliable indicator, but you will find people who will disagree. In the field of botany, there is so many theories/debate/disagreement. You must find what works for you and just when you think you got it, you change a variable and that may effect other variables in your grow and things go down hill. That's what makes it fun for me. Problem solving. If all grows were the same, I would get bored and not grow....every grow is an adventure regardless of the outcome....enjoy the ride my friend ...your plants look great:pass:

Thanks for stopping by and for the reply! That’s good to know, luckily I’ll be turning the auto valves on soon so I won’t have to worry/think about runoff

It is my opinion that it is not a reliable indicator of what is going on.

I did a good few coco grows and followed some of the same literature that i guess you did.

Canna (a big brandname that make coco) agree in their infopages that a runoff test is not accurate for PH or EC. They advise doing a core test (slurry test??) where you take a sample from the middle.
I can't personally imagine doing this with my one and only canna plant and hoping that i don't do serious root damage!

Again, for ppm/tds and what the plant is doing with the nutes I have found it is not a reliable indicator, but you will find people who will disagree.

Because Coco is considered Soiless you get a lot of spill over info from the Hydro guys where monitoring PPMs or TDS along with PH will be an accurate and reliable tale of how the plant was doing.

I'm not sure if the old thread is here, but there was a chap called Seymore Buds who was one of the original AFN hydro masters and broke down the method of "what the PPMs and PH" are telling him - on a feed by feed basis. Daily monitoring.

There's a very definate science to it .. but can't remember the full details as it was all too indepth for me!!

I think the safest way to measure coco PH is one of the Accurate8 Soil probes that waira uses. As for nute strength, i would just measure it before going in and Assume that's what it's getting.

With autopot watering, there's no really drying cycle so in theory it's being watered optimally and there should be no salts buildup.
I didn't have an autopot when using coco, so would always water to say 100ml or so run off to push any potential salt build up through.

Just my musings on an old grow method of mine! :D

(or a long way of saying "i agree" lol)

Well things went bad. Haven’t frequented much here due to AFN being down so much but I had a family emergency and had to leave for two weeks. Came back to my res bone dry plants just about dead and half of them hermied. Gonna recoup and give it another go. Got 6 cosmic queens germing and 6 wedding cake crosses (photos) going as well. Received a new light as a gift so gonna sell my saber strips and all should be well and dandy

D9DDBE0A-326A-4DCA-A6B6-9040D5252D00.jpeg
2B2EDBD0-B4FB-4EEC-A708-7F2E19FBE82C.jpeg

Back