spider mites

S

stoneyhomer

i got spider mites:cry: look
[video=youtube;oqo1jeaGNIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqo1jeaGNIw[/video]
only a few and no webbing so i hit them with plant vitality
http://www.plantvitalityplus.info/ well ill give it a few days and hit them again gota sort it soon as thay are starting to flower

<H2>Caution
Dangerous to bees and some marine life. Do not apply where bees are actively foraging. Keep away from ponds where marine life may be present. Keep away from children. Keep lid tightly closed and store in a safe place. Biodegradable. Please recycle container when empty.
</H2>
first... that is an awesome video man! I've never seen them under a microscope! +rep for that! can we add that to an article?

second... the above quoted warning indicated to me that this is a "neonicatinoid" in other words... a syntheic deraviative of nicotine..... which is really bad for pollinators and potentially you as well when you smoke... I'd reccomend the alcohol and water gig...

use a handful of tobacco through a coffe pot dripper... then take 6 oz of that and 1 oz of alcohol and add to 1 gallon of water.... shake well and put in a spray bottle... 2 days no more mites... spray 2 x a day for 2 days... worst you'll get with this is a little nicotine buzz.... hope this helps.

JM

JM, Do you attempt to pH this before using it on plants. Seems like it would be very difficult to do but, I had to ask. Thanks! :peace:

JM, Do you attempt to pH this before using it on plants. Seems like it would be very difficult to do but, I had to ask. Thanks! :peace:

yer jm same question i will give that a go gota be better than wot im using just told to use that in hydro shop
and yes my vids are all free to use whenever u want

stoney, what model microscope did you use? That is really some nice work.

If your spidermite problem is indoors you should get some predatory mites, they will eat all your spidermites and when they have all gone they will die themselfs. but not before the spidermite banquet has finished. they need 18+ hours light to breed so they are no good for killing spidermites if your flowering 12/12 strains, 3 days and they are all dead. but with autos you can use them at an stage in growth/flowering as the is enough light for them to breed and eat allyour spidermites. I used them a few times with great success, I even use them inthe greenhouse when we have max light just as a preventative. I have lots of strawberrys plants around which spidermites LOVE!!!

I have lots of strawberrys plants around which spidermites LOVE!!!

Don't blame the spidermites mr.mc...I Love your strawberries Too....

and I'll be harder to get rid of...if I get in your greenhouse...:D

JM, Do you attempt to pH this before using it on plants. Seems like it would be very difficult to do but, I had to ask. Thanks!
1.gif

sorry... just stumbled on this again... no... no ph adjest required... I keep my SOIL and watering WATER at proper levels... everything else is just a "factor"... keep your soil dialed in...

the above is a "foliar spray"

Back