Do I give up and start over?

vondetour

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
My northern lights auto flower, leaves first showed on 3 sep 22 but I had a LED bulb on them till 4 days ago when I got the ViparSpectra P1000 light, they get light 18 hrs a day on and 6 off . I put the plants outside to save on electricity and this is my potting soil. Here's a video from 25 sep so it seems like the plants are not growing. The pic was taken yesterday so 29 days and I would like your opinion on if I should toss them and start over or let them keep going ? And I amd using FoxFarm Soil Liquid Trio Pack watering every other day.

Last edited:
They look fine/healthy. A bit small for 29 days but I suspect you didn't give them enough light. Let that new panel work a couple weeks and then decide.

@vondetour :welcome: Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

:yeahthat: they need more light.

It is not a good idea to move plants in and out unless it is a must?

Your soil's web site tells you what is not in it and not what is in it except coco, dolomite lime, guano but no analysis? I think I would feed it like Cultivation Nation soil. Should be close enough. Use this schedule or the one for your nutrient system at about 70% strength. Be sure to use all of the products in a system to get the best results. This is why:

2022-02-24_10-38-16.jpg

Keep us posted.

:goodluck:

They look fine/healthy. A bit small for 29 days but I suspect you didn't give them enough light. Let that new panel work a couple weeks and then decide.
More than 18 hours of light, I read either 12/12 or 18/6 light schedule.

@vondetour :welcome: Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

:yeahthat: they need more light.

It is not a good idea to move plants in and out unless it is a must?

Your soil's web site tells you what is not in it and not what is in it except coco, dolomite lime, guano but no analysis? I think I would feed it like Cultivation Nation soil. Should be close enough. Use this schedule or the one for your nutrient system at about 70% strength. Be sure to use all of the products in a system to get the best results. This is why:

View attachment 1521374

Keep us posted.

:goodluck:
Sorry I left out I'm using FoxFarm Soil Liquid Trio Pack and watering every other day about 3 oz.

More than 18 hours of light, I read either 12/12 or 18/6 light schedule.

If autos run them 18/6. I just meant you need more light than that bulb could give them. The new panel should help a lot.

Sorry I left out I'm using FoxFarm Soil Liquid Trio Pack and watering every other day about 3 oz.
What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering. Coco can be fertigate many times a day if you want to continually present fresh balanced nutrients to the roots. Begin fertigation 2 hours after lights on and end it 2 hours before lights out.

Back