Mephisto Genetics Strawberry Nuggets, single plant Ebb and Flow

cannabis is a lot more resilient than ya think :smokeit: after week 4 they quite hard to kill :yoinks: a bit pale,a bit of leaf damage....but but ya got no shortage of budsites :smoking:i think she do ok for ya :thumbsup:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:
Lol I've never seen this emoji b4:
:smokeit:
Killin me hahaha

I'm very surprised how tough she is for sure...

Overall this has been an interesting experiment. I wanted to try flood and drain over DWC for a few reasons. Both definitely have their pros and cons, and I'm still glad I tried to do this at least once. Not sure if I'll try this again for a while, but it has helped me learn some new things.

I'm honestly surprised this plant is still alive.

For at least a week, maybe 2, she has only been getting flooded up to the bottom 1 inch of her roots.

This happened because the holes I drilled for drainage were too small and the roots quickly plugged them.

She never wilted, so I never thought to check it until Friday... So I have drilled some new holes and she is getting water again.

This explains why she got overdosed at 1.0 EC. She dried out above the 1 inch line causing nutrient concentration to skyrocket.

Not expecting much from her at this point, but here she is at day 60, doing surprisingly well considering...
View attachment 1115281
View attachment 1115278View attachment 1115279View attachment 1115280
You have had some hiccups but she is still plugging along! Go DWC next grow. Avoiding those rootbounding issues will make a big difference. I would start 1 to replace her soon and she can take this one's place once you harvest. Don't bother taking this plant extra time to make up for anything, you would be better off harvesting on time and getting the new one going strong in DWC. You already have all of the parts and it is actually less work. Good luck! Peacez slowandeasy

Hey man, I'm still searching for my place in the universe of Cannabis cultivation
:crying:
Right now I'm really stocked up on flowers and so will probably continue to experiment. I went back and forth about DWC, but my next grow will be TFR here shortly.

I know DWC can yield well and has few moving parts, but I want to try a method with hydroton where I can keep plants smaller and have them finish a little faster.

I'll have 2 tents going here pretty soon, so if I get fed up with TFR, the next one will be DWC.

Hey man, I'm still searching for my place in the universe of Cannabis cultivation
:crying:
Right now I'm really stocked up on flowers and so will probably continue to experiment. I went back and forth about DWC, but my next grow will be TFR here shortly.

I know DWC can yield well and has few moving parts, but I want to try a method with hydroton where I can keep plants smaller and have them finish a little faster.

I'll have 2 tents going here pretty soon, so if I get fed up with TFR, the next one will be DWC.
I totally understand. I use small pots of Coco to reduce plant size and to finish faster. DWC can definitely grow large plants and can also extend grow time. Good luck

Not sure wtf is happening but again the flood was only getting up like 2 inches in the pot. I drilled holes all the way up one side of the bucket this time, 3 rows of large holes. I was able to verify she was now getting water up to the flood line.

Should solve the problem, but I do not understand why it was necessary...

Oh well... Experimentation doesn't always work out. Still glad I tried this, but also glad my next 2 experiments will be different versions of TFR instead of EnF.

Here is the poor crispy lady:
IMG_20191022_161942507_HDR.jpg

Back