puffy

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
So, since I can't keep permanent mothers and clone tents due to stealth reasons, I go from seed when I grow. Thing is my prefered growing method have always been and will always be SOG with some density.

Got a new tent and gear coming soon, which will be a L:120cm x W:60cm x 150cm tall. Hgl 260 watt led QB plus some supplemental stuff.

Anyway, that is the only tent that I can keep running at all times. Will do a test run first with 36 1,7l 12cm x 12 cm x H:13 pots, that is removing one pot in depth and width plus an entire length row so there will be some room, still going pretty much straight to the point, all plants will be set at 12/12 after 5-6 days breaking soil (or cocoa brick). At a maximum I can fit 50 of these 1,7l pots into my tent at once (using every cm available, on the dot.)

Clearly it isn't sustainable for me to keep purchasing these feminized seeds at such numbers every 35 days or so, we are talking big bucks. So sooner rather than later, I need to make my own.

I know ideally we start the one to be reversed 14 days earlier to get the timing right. Would it still work if I didn't though? Or would I have to preserve the pollen until my next run and then hit the most promising pheno (for me that is fat lollipops with minimal branching and good bud to leaf ratio, finishing after 52 days max (yeah these new fast version, quick version, early version and whatever the different things breeders call them, they are really 40-52 days fast from 12\12.

@Sweet Seeds Jay had his Green Poison FV finish after 40 days, and not just one of them but several or most of the plants. Dinafem's Critical plus Quick Version is said to be 42-45ish days from 12\12 as well.

So what I plan to do is from my high density SOG picks the two most promising ones (you can usually tell with uniform genetics like these from pretty early on. Things like internoding, branching and structure give the winners for my purpose away. Well, actually only a smoke test can do that, but I'll do that afterwards and just donate the seeds if I find them not worth it.

So in between all this rambling (I've just smoked a phat one, writing with a grin :smoking:) it all cooks down to these questions:

• Can I buy a combined micro drying tent, which I just add some LED's to when I want two girls to meet up for some treatment and mingling? Any suggestions?
  • What should I use for reversing, and when should I start? Should I use CS, pre-made solution, STS?
  • Will I be able to reverse and pollinate from the same run of 36-50 seeds? Or will the reversed one be too late for the one to get hit with the pollen?
  • I am a minimal effort kind of guy, do I need to collect and dust or will two plants with one being reversed stood in the same micro tent just take care of business naturally? (then I figure the plant will also self polinate to a certain degree, given not all it's parts has been treated, won't it?
  • Or will I have to go with option two, find the candidate for reversal in run [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], collect and store the reversed pollen, and then hit up the selected lady in run [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]?
  • Is it known to have adverse effects on the outcome reversing a feminized plant, and then hitting another feminized plant with it? (And probably him\her-self as well)?
That's it, won't keep on writing, since I can sit for hours after smoking.

The guy most helpful with my numerous questions wins a kenwood juicer. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread as I am in search of many answer asked too

Try using the Search bar!!

I used CS I bought on CS 50 ppm Amazon for like $20
I would start the one your going to flip at least 4 weeks ahead of the ones you want to pollinate.
I just used a spary bottle top and sprayed the plant 2x a day for 2-3 weeks.

I use cs bought from Ebay as a health supplement labeled as 30 ppm. I sacrifice one plant usually and only in one gallon pot.

I top at 2nd or 3rd node. Pick one side and spray it once a day as soon as the branch shows signs its growing. That side usually never shows female preflowers. Key IMHO is to start spraying early, and light single mists on the grow tip. If you wait till preflowers it takes time to show male sacs and flowering is well underway by the time pollen drops.

When it starts to show sacs and are looking like they will bust a nut you have two choices. One cut the branch and let the pollen drop collect and paint the un sprayed side. Or two put it in a separate tent and let them open and air polinate.
I do the first and split my pollen in two one gets used asap second goes into the deep freeze in case i want to use later.
Works well.

Just made about 150 seeds this way. They were separated and sitting out drying as i type this.

I use cs bought from Ebay as a health supplement labeled as 30 ppm. I sacrifice one plant usually and only in one gallon pot.

I top at 2nd or 3rd node. Pick one side and spray it once a day as soon as the branch shows signs its growing. That side usually never shows female preflowers. Key IMHO is to start spraying early, and light single mists on the grow tip. If you wait till preflowers it takes time to show male sacs and flowering is well underway by the time pollen drops.

When it starts to show sacs and are looking like they will bust a nut you have two choices. One cut the branch and let the pollen drop collect and paint the un sprayed side. Or two put it in a separate tent and let them open and air polinate.
I do the first and split my pollen in two one gets used asap second goes into the deep freeze in case i want to use later.
Works well.

Just made about 150 seeds this way. They were separated and sitting out drying as i type this.
hey buddy im searching for an answer to this question.I sprayed and reversed a strain i wanna seed,only thing is the nanas are there and a few even burst open but there is no pollen,i read you have to manually open and collect pollen.Now i did that to a few but stopped when none of the nanas had any pollen.

Am i doing something wrong?Preciate the help yo

hey buddy im searching for an answer to this question.I sprayed and reversed a strain i wanna seed,only thing is the nanas are there and a few even burst open but there is no pollen,i read you have to manually open and collect pollen.Now i did that to a few but stopped when none of the nanas had any pollen.

Am i doing something wrong?Preciate the help yo
The first few nanas are jormally empty. But youre close. Give it another week or 2 and youll be overflowing with pollen.
You dont HAVE to collect manually, but it helps to target and know you have it coming on certain buds.

The first few nanas are jormally empty. But youre close. Give it another week or 2 and youll be overflowing with pollen.
You dont HAVE to collect manually, but it helps to target and know you have it coming on certain buds.
ok im on day 26 since 1st spray,the whole branch is reversed.Just waiting for them to burst with pollen. Ima just chill then and let em do their thing.

I generally check 1 or 2 sacks a day until i get a consistent yes to pollen. Then i cut it off, dry it for a day or 2 in a paper bag with a fan on it. I use a paper on the bottom of the bag to catch the pollen. Then i give it a violent tussel in the bag to shake some pollen and chuck the branch in the trash.
I collect the pollen and brush it on the plants. It lets me better track exactly how long the seeds have been developing and they are all uniform and good at harvest.
Open pollenation would save this step, but also causes ALL bud to be seeded and having various seed ages. So many wont be usable, but youll still be taking the time to pick them.
Its all up to the user. Hope this helps.

How can you not keep mothers because of stealth? It would be very easy to build a micro cab and keep bonsai mothers in it.

Works well.

Great Info! Can I do 5 different strain plants in a tent, all following your method? Manual polination? Or will cross polination be impossible to manage?

Does your method only allow one plant in a tent each time? Thank you.

Back