Great Info! Can I do 5 different strain plants in a tent, all following your method? Manual polination? Or will cross polination be impossible to manage?

Does your method only allow one plant in a tent each time? Thank you.
I only do one at a time. Then I know for sure what it is. Once I have polinated I'll start another unless I want crosses.

I only do one at a time. Then I know for sure what it is. Once I have polinated I'll start another unless I want crosses.
What is your opinion/ experience on doing crosses vs same strains?

Going with the same idea of 5 plants, I start one plant that I wanna reverse say 4-6 weeks earlier. Then I start the 5 plants that will stay female. After pollen from that 1 reversed plant is obtained, I use that to pollinate all 5 different plants/strains. This way, it’s the same father pollinating all others. I’ll know for sure what each cross is, won’t I?

I’m guessing that my resulting crosses won’t be stable?

How can you not keep mothers because of stealth? It would be very easy to build a micro cab and keep bonsai mothers in it.

Going with the same idea of 5 plants, I start one plant that I wanna reverse say 4-6 weeks earlier. Then I start the 5 plants that will stay female. After pollen from that 1 reversed plant is obtained, I use that to pollinate all 5 different plants/strains. This way, it’s the same father pollinating all others. I’ll know for sure what each cross is, won’t I?

I like f1 crosses. Vigorous and fairly predictable after a few have grown. Youll see your phenos. Theyre not super stable but not all over the place either. For example, after smoking 8 different 1oz plants of the same strain, i still suffered some tolerance building. But they had 3 primary flavors, 4 smells, and 3 growth patterns. When taken to f2 you get more genetic variation than f1s.

But if youre say taking a couple same-strain f5s then youve made f6. More stable theoretically if you know what youre looking for in phenotype selection, or possibly a step back if you cross 2 different phenos.

And yes, 1 pollen at a time on your group of ladies. Anything more and youre definately dealing with oops crosses and unknowns. I personally only play with pollen every other run. So i get my breeders and if theres any stray pollen hiding itll come out in the next run. Then i can move on to the next project.
But thats because im terrible about cleaning my room thoroughly.

Good luck.

I like f1 crosses. Vigorous and fairly predictable after a few have grown. Youll see your phenos. Theyre not super stable but not all over the place either. For example, after smoking 8 different 1oz plants of the same strain, i still suffered some tolerance building. But they had 3 primary flavors, 4 smells, and 3 growth patterns. When taken to f2 you get more genetic variation than f1s.

But if youre say taking a couple same-strain f5s then youve made f6. More stable theoretically if you know what youre looking for in phenotype selection, or possibly a step back if you cross 2 different phenos.

And yes, 1 pollen at a time on your group of ladies. Anything more and youre definately dealing with oops crosses and unknowns. I personally only play with pollen every other run. So i get my breeders and if theres any stray pollen hiding itll come out in the next run. Then i can move on to the next project.
But thats because im terrible about cleaning my room thoroughly.

Good luck.

I wish I knew more bout F1.2.3 and what they mean lol.... more reading needed!

If I may ask my question again, I reverse a plant and collect pollen. Then apply said pollen to a tent of 5 ladies, all of different strains. So 1 father to multiple mothers. That way, will any oops still happen?

From your reply, I guess the stability will really have to depend on how stable the strain from both parents are?

If and when I do this, it will be between runs for sure. Will dedicate an entire round to learn this. No messing around lol

FWIW ive got 2 strains in my tent.I reversed 1 branch from ea strain and am pollinating 1 branch from same plant and crossing pollinating 1 branch from each strain.
I am gonna save the pollen from each in a ziploc with rice in the freezer.
Man im sure you could do the 5 strains same pops like your talking about.
i would try it if i had the space.

I wish I knew more bout F1.2.3 and what they mean lol.... more reading needed!

If I may ask my question again, I reverse a plant and collect pollen. Then apply said pollen to a tent of 5 ladies, all of different strains. So 1 father to multiple mothers. That way, will any oops still happen?

From your reply, I guess the stability will really have to depend on how stable the strain from both parents are?

If and when I do this, it will be between runs for sure. Will dedicate an entire round to learn this. No messing around lol
To answer, yes. 1 pollen to 5 females and the original donor. Youll get 5 f1 crosses and a buncha whatever the pollen donor was.

F is the genetic inbred generation.
Example: 2 strains. We will use AA and BB...
So breeding Anonymous Asshole (aa) to Big Booty (bb) gives use an f1 Anonymous Booty (ab).
If we then breed 2 Anonymous Booty we get f2 ab.
If we cross 2 f2 ab we get f3 ab

Last edited:
To answer, yes. 1 pollen to 5 females and the original donor. Youll get 6 f1 crosses.

F is the genetic inbred generation.
Example: 2 strains. We will use AA and BB...
So breeding Anonymous Asshole (aa) to Big Booty (bb) gives use an f1 Anonymous Booty (ab).
If we then breed 2 Anonymous Booty we get f2 ab.
If we cross 2 f2 anb we get f3 ab
Thank you so much buddy!

I get 6 F1 crosses on the example above only if I don’t fully reverse that sole father plant, and self pollinate the remaining female flowers on that plant. Otherwise, I’ll only get 5, right?

How stable would F1 AB seeds be? I seem to have read somewhere that it’s not recommended to cross? What will be the advantage of continuing to cross them to F2,3,4....?

Thank you so much bro! Really appreciate the guidance!

For home grows f1s are fun. You get a wide variety of phenos but close to same outcome. This all depends on the original genetics. F1s can be quite stable and vigerous if they don't share too much genetics already

I honestly have most fun making crosses growing them. Life is like a box of chocolates LOL.

Thank you so much buddy!

I get 6 F1 crosses on the example above only if I don’t fully reverse that sole father plant, and self pollinate the remaining female flowers on that plant. Otherwise, I’ll only get 5, right?

How stable would F1 AB seeds be? I seem to have read somewhere that it’s not recommended to cross? What will be the advantage of continuing to cross them to F2,3,4....?

Thank you so much bro! Really appreciate the guidance!
Well the selfed plant would be the next f down from where it stands (if you planted and selfed an f5 then the seeds are f6)

Heres the fun part. In super basic not 100%scientifically accurate terms... But close enough that you get the gist.
F1 gives you a general idea of the middle ground as ALL the pairings will be 1/2mom(Aa) and 1/2momdad. (Bb) so all attibutes will be a mixed ab from the dominant sides.

But when you take and breed those 2 f1s you unlock the recessive combinations.
You go from 4 primary phenos to 64 . All the genetics are open. You get to see some grandparent traits and throw those into the genetic mix.

Now... Phenotype selection is key. This is where you CAN get more stable IF you practice and find the same phenotypes of the f2 and breed them to f3.

F1s are generally not stable for sale but great for home grow. And im not sure who said not to make crosses. Literally ALL strains that arent landraces are just crosses.

Well the selfed plant would be the next f down from where it stands (if you planted and selfed an f5 then the seeds are f6)

Heres the fun part. In super basic not 100%scientifically accurate terms... But close enough that you get the gist.
F1 gives you a general idea of the middle ground as ALL the pairings will be 1/2mom(Aa) and 1/2momdad. (Bb) so all attibutes will be a mixed ab from the dominant sides.

But when you take and breed those 2 f1s you unlock the recessive combinations.
You go from 4 primary phenos to 64 . All the genetics are open. You get to see some grandparent traits and throw those into the genetic mix.

Now... Phenotype selection is key. This is where you CAN get more stable IF you practice and find the same phenotypes of the f2 and breed them to f3.

F1s are generally not stable for sale but great for home grow. And im not sure who said not to make crosses. Literally ALL strains that arent landraces are just crosses.
I have a bunch of some illuminauto f2s. I am saving them for a rainy day lol.

Back