Lighting Summary on the influence of UVB-radiation on cannabis

Yeah i also found these 10.0 UVB bulbs but their intensity is pretty low compared to the other tubes i mentioned in post 2.

How long do you turn them on? whats the input wattage? Distance to plants? Which mixxed spectrum do they use or better said which bulbs do u use?
Lately ive been running them with my lights 18/6. Just below my diy lights level to not interfere with light spread. Reptisun 4FT bulbs uvb 10.0 40 watts. So youve found a better bulb? I can see a difference in the amount of trichomes from a top bud compared to secondary branch flower.

Lately ive been running them with my lights 18/6. Just below my diy lights level to not interfere with light spread. Reptisun 4FT bulbs uvb 10.0 40 watts. So youve found a better bulb? I can see a difference in the amount of trichomes from a top bud compared to secondary branch flower.
Im hoping to get a cannaboid tester this year to see what is actually happening in my groom.

That sounds a bit harsh! Just take a look at the spectrums in the first post ( chlorophyll A etc. ) you can see they absorb it!
So it is not useless but you wont get the same effects as you would get with real UVB or deeper UVA. ( in terms of influence of UV-radiation )

wavelengths at this range you got are still usefull for other aspects! I am not an expert on that!
This spectrum could still be usefull for other things, but in terms of maybe increasing thc production ( or better said olivetol production ) i dont think it can do anything or maybe it can just a bit.

So dont get me wrong! This spectrum could be very usefull! It just isnt that harmfull as u may think. Thats all i wanted to say.

Good job LOwbob.
The most recent study I've read came to the conclusion that the most effective use of UVB is in the final days of flower. They suggested that it actually could be timed to the plants final hours. When I relocate it I'll send you a link

@1939bear , did you save that link?
:pass:

Good job LOwbob.
The most recent study I've read came to the conclusion that the most effective use of UVB is in the final days of flower. They suggested that it actually could be timed to the plants final hours. When I relocate it I'll send you a link

Sadly no .

Ok so you are using them like i thought you would. I also came across the idea of hanging it at the same hight as the normal light to not interfere anything. These bulbs need distances of 10 - 15 inch.
Your light should have 20 inch at least ( COB's & LED's in terms of coverage ) so you dicided right and decreased the UV intensity by hanging the tube at the same height as the lamp.

btw for me there is a difference between a bulb and a tube. a tube is a long cylinder ( no circle shapes etc. ). a bulb is something that looks like a pear or has the shape of a pear ( even if it is a tube in the shape of a corkscrew )

Also i wouldnt say i found a "better" tube. I found tubes with a lot higher intensity. This also means you have to be much more careful but you also got increase the efficiency of your system. ( shorter radiation times to reach a certain energy dose at the same power draw )

Im hoping to get a cannaboid tester this year to see what is actually happening in my groom.

would be nice if you could post some of your results here in the thread!

Good job LOwbob.

I also came across this. I dont know where i read it but it is still in my head. I also remember that i just found after that another study that said in the first hours of the plants "day" it would better in terms or repairing damage.
So i am not sure whats true :/

[QUOTE="L0wbob2017, post: 1439398, member: 37125"

I also came across this. I dont know where i read it but it is still in my head. I also remember that i just found after that another study that said in the first hours of the plants "day" it would better in terms or repairing damage.
So i am not sure whats true :/[/QUOTE]

The only way is a real comparison study using scientific protocols. Not a rinky dink exercise like I posted. That was for my own satisfaction and served its purpose to me. It generated discussion. I haven't read your above post in full yet. I'm in the middle of trying to put together a photo essay on a unique trichome situation I noticed during my existing Triangle Dragon run. When I'm finished I plan to come back and absorb your posts info. with a clear mind.

The control that the plant has over the resin in its various forms is remarkable and I would not be the least bit surprised to find that both statements are true. That it repairs, and prevents ultra violet damage. Whether or not the two functions are accomplished by the same form of resin is not a given considering the changes that occur in the final stages starting with the clouding and ending in amber. This is in line with my essay which might clarify the difference in layman's terms , at least the mechanics, of the final stage. I'll drop you a link to it when It's up, hopefully later today..

So i am not sure whats true :/

The only way is a real comparison study using scientific protocols. Not a rinky dink exercise like I posted. That was for my own satisfaction and served its purpose to me. It generated discussion. I haven't read your above post in full yet. I'm in the middle of trying to put together a photo essay on a unique trichome situation I noticed during my existing Triangle Dragon run. When I'm finished I plan to come back and absorb your posts info. with a clear mind.

The control that the plant has over the resin in its various forms is remarkable and I would not be the least bit surprised to find that both statements are true. That it repairs, and prevents ultra violet damage. Whether or not the two functions are accomplished by the same form of resin is not a given considering the changes that occur in the final stages starting with the clouding and ending in amber. This is in line with my essay which might clarify the difference in layman's terms , at least the mechanics, of the final stage. I'll drop you a link to it when It's up, hopefully later today..

nice i am rly looking forward on reading it when u link me to it!

Good stuff. :slap: .

I read an article last year ( looked but can't refind it to post ) that said that their research concludes that UVB is just as beneficial in the last 2 weeks, as if it was used for the whole grow period. I can't cite it verbatim but remember it being impressive enough to remember.

Back