New Grower Sweet Seeds Auto NYC Diesel

Week 6
Day 41

DLI ~35-40
Temps ~76f
VPD ~1.1
Did some defol yesterday to open the centers up a little and they filled back more than expected. :growing: They are just about ready to go fully into flower and will probably be switching to bloom notes next watering tomorrow.

The twins were bugging me for a little sis. :rolleyes1: I have the room so grabbed a plastic pot from the potting shed and dropped a freebie Atlas Seed OG Kush. Will keep the environment set for the Diesel and curious to see how she takes on with the smaller pot and less comfortable surroundings.

Hope everyone is doing good:thumbsup:

:toke::toke::toke:

IMG_1951.jpeg
IMG_1952.jpegIMG_1953.jpeg
IMG_1954.jpegIMG_1955.jpeg

Week 7
Day 45

DLI ~40+
Temp ~79
VPD ~1.3

Ladies continuing well. Light intensity upped to a little over 40. Switched to Bloom nutes this week and they are stacking on the flowers. Raised VPD to 1.3 and will raise it more sometime during the week. Leaves started frosting up a little which is encouraging to see.

Everything is progressing well. May nip off some of the smaller/shorter flowers if it looks like air flow is going to be an issue. Pretty boring otherwise, which is a good thing.

Hope everyone else is well.

:toke: :toke: :toke:

IMG_1958.jpegIMG_1963.jpeg
IMG_1960.jpegIMG_1962.jpeg
IMG_1959.jpegIMG_1961.jpeg

@Babalouie very nice. They set a lot of bud.
Looks like you’re going to have a nice harvest. :thumbsup:
Thanks Mate. Shaping up well. Need to work on my training technique / timing to not interfere with the stretch as much as I have, but they seem happy and healthy and on a good trajectory.

:thanks:

Week 8
Day 51

DLI ~45
Temp ~78f
VPD ~1.5

Things are moving smoothly here. Just watching them stack and get fat. Did some defol to keep the air flow good. Removed a couple interior stems off the 'B' plant that were going to get too crowded as they fattened up and set them aside to dry for a few days. This morning before going out to do yard stuff I tried it and it works pretty well! Very sticky and sparkly in the sun with some nice funkiness.

Didn't pick up any of the earthiness I remember the photo form having years ago. That was such a pleasant taste and aroma from the old NYC Diesel. Still chasing that dragon down. Either way it's shaping up to be a good addition to the stash. Maybe that earthiness will develop over the next few weeks.

Hope everyone is well!

IMG_1967.jpeg
IMG_1968.jpegIMG_1969.jpegIMG_1973.jpeg
IMG_1971.jpegIMG_1972.jpeg

Week 9
Day 58

DLI 40-45
Temp ~79
VPD 1.6-1.7

Gals are packing it on well. One on the right I didn't train as hard to flatten or defol as much and the lowers are slower to fill out. No one was liking the light up over DLI of 45 as they started to have leaf discoloration. Knocked it back down to around 40 and that took care of it. Some of the higher sugar leaves are ambling up. The top flowers are still pretty clear.

Had 2 reminders of things I learned in school. Always disinfect old/used pot before use and Home Depot isn't the best place to get plant material from...

Last week I started seeing fungus gnats in the house. They either came from the small pot I decided to use on a whim to start an OG Kush 3 weeks ago or the crotons I picked up from Home Depot a few weeks before that. Cause, you know, plants 15 feet from the light bulb section are a good idea.. I should have given the crotons a little treatment when I brought them in the house. And I knew at the time of dropping the OG Kush that I should wipe down the pot with some diluted chlorine to disinfect it, but just rushed things. Live and relearn.

Still had some mosquito bits under the sink from the last time my house plants got infested, enough for a couple small batches to get things started. I'll get more tomorrow to give everything a better dosing. The house plants will get a few rounds of soil drenching of Azamax to control the gnats.

All and all things are shaping up nicely here.

Hope everyone is doing well.

IMG_1982.jpeg
IMG_1983.jpegIMG_1984.jpeg
IMG_1985.jpegIMG_1986.jpeg
IMG_1987.jpeg

Week 10
Day 66

DLI ~40
Temp ~79f
VPD 1.6-1.7

Gals are shaping up well over here.

The one on the left, plant (A) which was the runt starting out, has filled in beautifully. Dense with good size. She has slowed water uptake and is starting to amber up on the flowers. Had some time today and would rather not have to break down both plants at once, so she came down today. Day 66, day 68 from sprout and day 71 from seed drop. Brown bagged up and I'll update the dry weighting a few days.

The other gal, plant (B), is still up taking water fine and can use some more time fattening up. She will probably come down next weekend.

Prepped pots for the next run and got 2 seeds soaking in kelp/humic acid mixture before going in pots later tonight. Running a couple 1:1 strains, Twenty20 Vidamints and Meph's Canna-Cheese. I'll start a new thread for that next week sometime.

IMG_2013.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpegIMG_2015.jpeg
2023-11-26-09-57-34-589.jpeg2023-11-26-10-01-01-115.jpeg2023-11-26-09-59-30-216.jpeg
IMG_2016.jpegIMG_2017.jpeg

Harvest
Hey Folks,

Last NYC Diesel gal got taken down last week, Day 72 (Day 74 from sprout, Day 75 from seed drop). I brown bagged the first girl. Humidity is in the 20-30s in the house now and it dried in 3 days, a little fast. So with the second gal I decided to hang the branches in the top of the tent. Humidity is in the 50s with temps in the mid 70s and I have the room with lowering the light. 6 days to dry with that and into groove bags.

I got about 3oz from each plant that is good and dense. Both have a funky fruit base smell to them which I'm really interested in seeing develop as it cures. One thing I noticed is that the hanged dry flower has a much stronger funk to it with the brown bag holding the 'green' smell more. I liked the dry trim better than the wet trim also. The trim I got off the second gal is going to make some good butter from how frosty it is.

I tried some of the second gal but she is still very muddled flavor-wise. There is something there that I like but can't put define it yet. Will try it again around x-mas time once its had a couple weeks to cure.

All around I'm looking forward to seeing how it all develops. Still have a couple seeds left and will definitely be running it again. It was a straight forward grow without and hiccups. Good genetics make for some great plants and Sweet Seeds look to have their game together. Will be looking at their catalog in the future for sure.

IMG_2046.jpeg

IMG_2035.jpegIMG_2036.jpegIMG_2037.jpeg

Well done @Babalouie :worship: Now go here and submit a review to get invited into the Cultivator's Club

Thanks MoG! I'll put up a review in a couple weeks to give the flower a chance cure and hopefully a less muted flavor profile.

Back