New Grower Sweet Seeds Auto NYC Diesel

Week 1
  • Day 7 since drop, Day 5 since sprout, Day 3 since first true leaf.

I'll be basing Day # off of first true leaf going forward.

20/4 Light Schedule
    DLI around 14
    VPD around 0.8

IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
    Week 2
  • Day 9
    DLI upped to 16 and then to ~21. Good to have a little more heat in the tent.
    Temp up to 75/76F from 72F
    VPD upped to 0.9
    Just tap water for now

Not much happening yet. Lower temps may have slowed them some, keeping the light level lower to to get more stretch in the start likely part of it, but it's the first time with this strain. Still learning these little gals.

That's it for now.

:toke:

Attachments

• IMG_1865.jpeg
      IMG_1865.jpeg
      2.8 MB · Views: 16
    • IMG_1863.jpeg
      IMG_1863.jpeg
      3 MB · Views: 14
    • IMG_1864.jpeg
      IMG_1864.jpeg
      2.3 MB · Views: 15
    • IMG_1862.jpeg
      IMG_1862.jpeg
      2.8 MB · Views: 19
    Week 3
  • Day 16
    DLI upped to ~25
    Temps around 77-79f
    VPD ~0.9
    One is showing much more vigor, almost a full node bigger at this point. The more vigorous gal got topped and tucked.

They got their first deep watering last night with about 2L which included 2mL of Sensi Grow A+B and, 1mL CalMag, .5mL Iron & a pinch of Yucca. I refilled my water softener last week with a different salt, this one has 'iron out', and my pH is reading down around 6.0 from 6.3 last run. Need to order some calibration solutions today to make sure the pH pen isn't drifting.

Good to see they are about to take a leap. :joy:

IMG_1880.jpegIMG_1881.jpegIMG_1882.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpegIMG_1884.jpeg

Week 3
  • Day 20

Got a little dominate today. :naughtystep: Took a couple fan leaves off the vigorous gal, along with some training. The less vigorous girl was getting very bunched up with foliage since there isn't much node separation. Took the top 2 sets of fans leaves off... then on a whim took her head off...:muahaha:

Let's see how she responds!

IMG_1889.jpegIMG_1890.jpeg

Week 5
  • Day 29

DLI 25-30
    Temps around 76f
    VPD ~ 1.0

Been lightly defoliating most days to keep the center more open. Smaller gal I removed the node 1 branches. Larger gal I'm trying to train the first node branches up the center while flattening the rest out with the plan to super crop them if needed. Both started to stretch a couple days ago. Raised the light all the way up and lowered the DLI slightly to encourage more stretch.

Ladies look happy and healthy as they continue to progress.

:toke::toke::toke:

IMG_1928.jpeg
    IMG_1929.jpegIMG_1930.jpeg
    IMG_1931.jpegIMG_1932.jpeg

Week 5
  • Day 33

DLI 25-30
    Temps around 75f
    VPD ~ 1.0

Got home from work with a dull headache and may have taken it out on the girls...:rolleyes1:

Heavy defoliation, strapping down and removed a few of the smaller bud sites. Will be good to see how they recover. Now to take care of my headache :baked: have some dinner and take a nap:sleeping:

IMG_1936.jpegIMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1934.jpegIMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1937.jpeg

Week 6
  • Day 38

DLI ~35
    Temps ~75f
    VPD ~1.1

Gals are filling back in and still slowly stretching. Still feeding grow nutes, but last run I was late to switch to bloom and ran into some P deficiencies. So I'm watching closely for any signs of the stretch :bighug: stopping or deficiencies this time around.

Everything is moving along smoothly as we approach the halfway point.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

IMG_1943.jpeg
    IMG_1944.jpegIMG_1945.jpeg
    IMG_1946.jpegIMG_1947.jpeg

Week 6
  • Day 41

DLI ~35-40
    Temps ~76f
    VPD ~1.1
    Did some defol yesterday to open the centers up a little and they filled back more than expected. :growing: They are just about ready to go fully into flower and will probably be switching to bloom notes next watering tomorrow.

The twins were bugging me for a little sis. :rolleyes1: I have the room so grabbed a plastic pot from the potting shed and dropped a freebie Atlas Seed OG Kush. Will keep the environment set for the Diesel and curious to see how she takes on with the smaller pot and less comfortable surroundings.

Hope everyone is doing good:thumbsup:

IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1952.jpegIMG_1953.jpeg
    IMG_1954.jpegIMG_1955.jpeg

Week 7
  • Day 45

DLI ~40+
    Temp ~79
    VPD ~1.3

Ladies continuing well. Light intensity upped to a little over 40. Switched to Bloom nutes this week and they are stacking on the flowers. Raised VPD to 1.3 and will raise it more sometime during the week. Leaves started frosting up a little which is encouraging to see.

Everything is progressing well. May nip off some of the smaller/shorter flowers if it looks like air flow is going to be an issue. Pretty boring otherwise, which is a good thing.

Hope everyone else is well.

:toke: :toke: :toke:

IMG_1958.jpegIMG_1963.jpeg
    IMG_1960.jpegIMG_1962.jpeg
    IMG_1959.jpegIMG_1961.jpeg

Week 8
  • Day 51

DLI ~45
    Temp ~78f
    VPD ~1.5

Things are moving smoothly here. Just watching them stack and get fat. Did some defol to keep the air flow good. Removed a couple interior stems off the 'B' plant that were going to get too crowded as they fattened up and set them aside to dry for a few days. This morning before going out to do yard stuff I tried it and it works pretty well! Very sticky and sparkly in the sun with some nice funkiness.

Didn't pick up any of the earthiness I remember the photo form having years ago. That was such a pleasant taste and aroma from the old NYC Diesel. Still chasing that dragon down. Either way it's shaping up to be a good addition to the stash. Maybe that earthiness will develop over the next few weeks.

Hope everyone is well!

:toke: :toke: :toke:

IMG_1967.jpeg
    IMG_1968.jpegIMG_1969.jpegIMG_1973.jpeg
    IMG_1971.jpegIMG_1972.jpeg

Back