New Grower Sweet Seeds Auto NYC Diesel

Babalouie

Forest Doc
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
NYC Diesel, Double Grape, CBD Victory, OG Kush
Hey Folks,

I'll be using this thread for my current grow out of a couple Sweet Seeds Auto NYC Diesels. This is a strain I used to get regularly about 20 years ago and want to see if these auto forms are anything similar to what I remember.

Mars Hydro SP3000
AC Infinity 2x4 Tent, 4" Filter /Exhaust, Humidifier & 2 6" Oscillating Fans (Yeah, I fell in deep to their system. It's really user friendly)

I used Autobeast's guide as a base last run and will be building upon it again
3 Gallon Fabric
Bio Buzz Light Mix
1 'Heaping' Tbsp DynoMyco mixed in each 3 Gallon Pot
4 ml Dutch Pro Take Root & 4ml Dutch Pro Multi Total & 1/4 tsp of RAW Silica in 3 Liters to initially stock each pot

Looking over the roots at the end of the last run I notice the system hadn't filled out the pot like I expected. Likely due to overwatering early during veg that caused the medium to become anaerobic. Then my pulling back on watering to reverse that and creating dry spots which I never overcame. I also made the mistake of not watering to runoff most of the time. When I did have some runoff I'd let it sit 10 minutes and the medium always reabsorbed it.
I'll be working to correct the watering issues and spreading the runoff outside in my garden. Got some Yucca powder to help with dry spots after the initial watering. I use mycorrhizal inoculants when I plant outside, seems a no brainer to incorporate it inside too. Heard good things about silica helping with stresses and with it being the one of the most abundant element on this marble hard to believe plants haven't evolved to make use of it somewhere.

Using Advanced Nutrients for the most part
PH Perfect Sensi Grow A & B
PH Perfect Sensi Bloom A & B
Sensi CalMag Xtra (as needed)
Chelated Liquid Iron (as needed), I run of a well and we have really high iron numbers in my area which get filtered out by my house's system so I have it on hand

My water tests around 6.3 Ph from the tap and I was upping it to 6.6 most of the time last run and will likely be trying that again.

2 seeds bounced around sand paper tube and into 50/50 3% H2O2 & Water for a few hours then directly into medium pointy side down.

Will likely be trying all sorts of training and defoliation depending on how they progress.

All that said, seeds in the soil and time for some waiting.

Happy Growing Folks

:joy:

Last edited:
Week 1
Day 7 since drop, Day 5 since sprout, Day 3 since first true leaf.

I'll be basing Day # off of first true leaf going forward.

20/4 Light Schedule
DLI around 14
VPD around 0.8

IMG_1855.jpeg
IMG_1854.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
:coffee2: Id love some true to old school diesel I'll def follow along.

Week 2
Day 9
DLI upped to 16 and then to ~21. Good to have a little more heat in the tent.
Temp up to 75/76F from 72F
VPD upped to 0.9
Just tap water for now

Not much happening yet. Lower temps may have slowed them some, keeping the light level lower to to get more stretch in the start likely part of it, but it's the first time with this strain. Still learning these little gals.

That's it for now.

:toke:

Attachments

• IMG_1865.jpeg
    IMG_1865.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1863.jpeg
    IMG_1863.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1864.jpeg
    IMG_1864.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1862.jpeg
    IMG_1862.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
Week 3
Day 16
DLI upped to ~25
Temps around 77-79f
VPD ~0.9
One is showing much more vigor, almost a full node bigger at this point. The more vigorous gal got topped and tucked.

They got their first deep watering last night with about 2L which included 2mL of Sensi Grow A+B and, 1mL CalMag, .5mL Iron & a pinch of Yucca. I refilled my water softener last week with a different salt, this one has 'iron out', and my pH is reading down around 6.0 from 6.3 last run. Need to order some calibration solutions today to make sure the pH pen isn't drifting.

Good to see they are about to take a leap. :joy:

IMG_1880.jpegIMG_1881.jpegIMG_1882.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpegIMG_1884.jpeg

Week 3
Day 20

Got a little dominate today. :naughtystep: Took a couple fan leaves off the vigorous gal, along with some training. The less vigorous girl was getting very bunched up with foliage since there isn't much node separation. Took the top 2 sets of fans leaves off... then on a whim took her head off...:muahaha:

Let's see how she responds!

IMG_1889.jpegIMG_1890.jpeg

Week 5
Day 29

DLI 25-30
Temps around 76f
VPD ~ 1.0

Been lightly defoliating most days to keep the center more open. Smaller gal I removed the node 1 branches. Larger gal I'm trying to train the first node branches up the center while flattening the rest out with the plan to super crop them if needed. Both started to stretch a couple days ago. Raised the light all the way up and lowered the DLI slightly to encourage more stretch.

Ladies look happy and healthy as they continue to progress.

:toke::toke::toke:

IMG_1928.jpeg
IMG_1929.jpegIMG_1930.jpeg
IMG_1931.jpegIMG_1932.jpeg

Week 5
Day 33

DLI 25-30
Temps around 75f
VPD ~ 1.0

Got home from work with a dull headache and may have taken it out on the girls...:rolleyes1:

Heavy defoliation, strapping down and removed a few of the smaller bud sites. Will be good to see how they recover. Now to take care of my headache :baked: have some dinner and take a nap:sleeping:

IMG_1936.jpegIMG_1935.jpeg
IMG_1934.jpegIMG_1933.jpeg
IMG_1937.jpeg

Week 6
Day 38

DLI ~35
Temps ~75f
VPD ~1.1

Gals are filling back in and still slowly stretching. Still feeding grow nutes, but last run I was late to switch to bloom and ran into some P deficiencies. So I'm watching closely for any signs of the stretch :bighug: stopping or deficiencies this time around.

Everything is moving along smoothly as we approach the halfway point.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

IMG_1943.jpeg
IMG_1944.jpegIMG_1945.jpeg
IMG_1946.jpegIMG_1947.jpeg

Back