Sweet Seeds Sweet Seeds Christmas 2016 interview at Live Stoners

Hi guys, it was a real plasure sharing this moment with you all. Was an amazing experience where we all learned so much! Thanks for your participation and appreciation:worship:

For work reasons, I wasn't able to check the forum until today and I think this is the only unanswered question remaining:
I'm wondering how many strains have spun up on the heels of Sweet's genetics?

Hi fella are you talking about how many genetics we have in catalogue?
Or maybe how many clones we have?
If we are not holding you up from a Birthday Celebration...tell us both..we are gweedy..:biggrin:

Let's see: we have released in our history 58 strains plus the 5 we've announced in this interview for 2017, it's 63 varieties so far.
4 of them are out of catalogue though so, in 2017, you'll be able to chose between 59 varieties in the Sweet Seeds catalogue. :d5:

For the "how many clones we have" part, I've already transmitted the question to Manolo because we don't have that information and we (Tommy and I) don´t work in the same space with everyone else. We work from home, so we are not in touch every day with the bosses. When we have the answer we'll be posting it here.

Thanks again and Sweet Smokes and happy holidays to you all!!!

Hi guys, it was a real plasure sharing this moment with you all. Was an amazing experience where we all learned so much! Thanks for your participation and appreciation:worship:

For work reasons, I wasn't able to check the forum until today and I think this is the only unanswered question remaining:

Let's see: we have released in our history 58 strains plus the 5 we've announced in this interview for 2017, it's 63 varieties so far.
4 of them are out of catalogue though so, in 2017, you'll be able to chose between 59 varieties in the Sweet Seeds catalogue. :d5:

For the "how many clones we have" part, I've already transmitted the question to Manolo because we don't have that information and we (Tommy and I) don´t work in the same space with everyone else. We work from home, so we are not in touch every day with the bosses. When we have the answer we'll be posting it here.

Thanks again and Sweet Smokes and happy holidays to you all!!!
cheers Jay, thanks for the reply, be safe well and enjoy the season!

We have a gift for you :biggrin:

Here we are in the conference room where we had a meeting with some departments of the company.
We wish you a fantastic Xmas with family and friends!
:bighug:

18.jpg

From left to right:
Jaypp, Tommy, Joan (Dept. of Graphic Design and Publicity), Ramon and Manolo (Bosses :eek:), Jorge (IT Crowd :p ) Jose (Commercial) Pablo (Dept. of Graphic Design and Publicity)
And in the lower row: Virginia (Dept. of Graphic Design and Publicity) Marta (Marketing) and Raquel (Blog)

Merry Christmas [HASHTAG]#sweet seeds[/HASHTAG] :bighug:..Nice to Meet you all.

Good Looking Team you have there..Sweets..:bighug:

Hi guys!
sorry for the delay but finally I have the answer I promissed!!!

Manolo says:

"In the Sweet Seeds R&D department there are, at the moment around 60 elite clones, some of which we have since 1998. This number grows with the years. For instance, in the past year and a half we've been testing a big amount of American classic genetics with the intention of selecting elite clones to our stock.
Also in the past year we've make some exchanges with collectors of spanish elite clones, which make us think that in the future we are going to be abble to offer some stunning new genetics.
We are constantly introducing new elite clones carefuly selected to our mothers bank if we find a substitute clon better than the ones we have.

Likewise, we always have a few clones that are in the selection and compare process. The secret to producing hight quality photo-dependent seeds isn't to have lots of elite clones but to care very much about the selection. And the selection is some times very tough to a collecter because you have to choose between two that are very similar and you have to have a big space to storage the clones. The solution is selection, selection, selection. Is better to focus in the quality than the quantity of clones that form your mothers bank."

Happy new year :bighug:
J.

Back