Sweet Seeds Sweet Seeds Sweet Skunk Auto

congrats on harvest:toke:
not to sound rude but...i think this report sorta throws the strain under the bus so to speak...
growth being the weakest point?
could be just the specific hybrid i guess but i have never,ever heard of a skunk strain yielding this low?:no: and i am from the region it came from
must be the specific used auto trait i guess?
hummmm...well was going to try it to see where they went w/ the flavor but now doesn't sound like it is worth my growing cost and expense of growing it after reading this report???:no::cry:
thanks~for the info

Dude the yield was so small because of low 90w led and the fact he was using a micrppot ( 1 liter ) if he was under higher watts and larger pots 2 gallons + the yield would be ALOT better. :peace:

1. Dude the yield was so small because of low 90w led and the fact he was using a micrppot ( 1 liter ) if he was under higher watts and larger pots 2 gallons + the yield would be ALOT better. :peace:
  2. -

well you said it??not me and i didn't want to "bash" on another grower but...it is what it is
    sounded to me like the grower in report only indicated the limits of the genetics for growth and not any responsibility of environment limitations? seeds skunk peppers 007.JPG
    theese are the smallest hybrids i have been working to stay closest to truer skunk genetics while maintaining properties of the proper sativa balance​
  3. -
    theese are a couple of the smaller males that have cut to grab some pollen because of interesting smell and a couple growth factors while working it auto
    you can see how many branches stripped off to cram them into the same little bottle for a couple days :toke:
    hey like i said could be the specific auto used in hybrid to make such dis plant just isn't much at all my experience w/ them:no::2cents:
    yeah that's a bic lighter in the middle:) and theese were the little ones:)
    URL]
    and sorry for hijacking and posting other pics of my grown plants in your post
    but...i think it was a damaging post to the rep of strain​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all! Of course my observations of low yield are based on my specific conditions. I'm using 90W of led lights, and a very very limited space. I also have a bigger SSA in a 3 liter pot, which is about to be ready. Both SSA have grown with a similar structure (small budsites and longer stems) which I think is a sativa-like trait. By comparing the growth of both Sweet Skunks with my Fast Buds (which are more indica-like in the structure) and again, considering my growing conditions, I deduce that the SSA yields significatively less than the Fast Bud (and than the Green Poison which I harvested in my previous grow).

I would love to grow them in a bigger place, with more lights and better gear, to see their real potential. But from what I've observed, the SSA is one of the lower yielding plants I've had so far. Which is not that important, because I grow in a really confined space. I guess the conclusion could be that I would not advise to grow this plant if space is an issue, because the yield is not that good. It's probably got more sativa genes than the bigger yielding plants in my experience. In a confined space I see the indicas as a better option because they can fill the space and produce more. You can get varying dregrees of indica or sativa like highs by letting the plant go ripe for longer or by harvesting earlier respectively. But by no means I wanted to qualify this strain as a "general low yielder", because I've grown only in my tiny bucket and I can't say what would happen with proper space, lighting, schedules, etc. If you have the space they might yield a really good amount, but that's not my case.

Also, I'm not sure about how a particular strain is consistent. In my experience I had 2 Fast Buds and 2 Sweet Skunks (they are my most repeated strain so to say) and each pair was really consistent. I mean, both Fast Buds were really similar in structure, yield, smell, etc, and the same with the Sweet Skunks. But I can't say for sure that EVERY Fast Bud or Sweet Skunk are going to be that way. I'm not sure how "stable" these seeds are, but I trust the bank because I've got good results so far. I really know next to nothing about genetics and that stuff, so I'm not trying to convince anyone against using this strain. In fact I like this weed, and I think the price is worth it. The same happens with the Sweet Cheese, which I'll try to review soon - it's not harvested yet but her time is slowly approaching ;)

And don't worry about posting your pics mate, I think constructive criticism is necessary and good for everyone. You are welcome ;)

Regards!
:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just realized that I put a thumbs down icon in the thread title. This was a mistake, I meant to put no icon in there at all, and the thumbs down icon may lead to think negatively of this strain. That was not my intention at all! I like this strain, although not that much as others I've tried, but I did not mean to write negatively of it. I only tried to list the good and bad parts, and of course considering my growing conditions which are really limited. I edited the original post, but it looks like I can not change the thread icon. If a mod can do this, please delete the thumbs down icon, I did not want to insert it, it was a stupid mistake :mad:

Regards!

:thumbs:nice report :bow:

I attempted to edit that myelf... and even as a mod cant figure it out... I've repoted it to the mods forum for correcxtion / review... I'm sure TBM or Mossy will know what to do.

:smokeit:
nice report, btw! :thumbs:

Thanks for the comments. I'm enjoying some better cured Sweet Skunk ATM and I feel that the thumbs down icon is a bad mistake. It may lead to think badly of this strain and that was not my intention at all. Thanks JM for trying to fix it! I hope that anyone who sees the thread understands that the icon was put there unintentionally :toke:

The Sweet Skunk is a really decent strain IMHO. The effects are relaxing and mind-exciting. It's not bad either to help resting, easily done if accompanied with a good tv show, movie, videogame or whatever is your low-activity preference. Thanks all again for understanding! Enjoy your :smokebuds:

Best regards

If a mod can do this, please delete the thumbs down icon, I did not want to insert it, it was a stupid mistake :mad:

Regards!

:thumbs::D:peace:

Nice report sielm and thanks for your time. I always follow your grows because you do grow in one of the most confined and limited environmental conditions of just about anyone here. You are on full stealth mode and it amazes me that you rarely have major PH problems etc. grow after grow.

Back