Sweet Seeds Sweet Seeds Sweet Skunk Auto

S

sielm

SeedBank :
Sweet Seeds

Strain:
Sweet Skunk Auto (SSA)

Did it autoflower?:
Yes. This particular plant was grown in a micro pot (~1 liter) and took quite long to finish (90 days). The bank says 60 days; my other SSA is growing on a 3 liter pot and she looks more mature being way younger.

Soil/hydro:
Soil mix (potting soil with added perlite and earthworm castings)

Nutes:
No nutes until flowering began. I used Plagron Terra Bloom, and a couple of doses of PK 13-14.

Light (kind and schedule):
90W Chinese no brand led UFO set to 20/4 day/night cycles.

From seed to harvest date:
Took 90 days. Applied LST trying to get a larger harvest surface.

Dry Yield: did not measure. Probably around 4 or 5 grams tops. Not bad for a side experiment :)

High/Effect Duration: soft and heady high, quite durable (around 2 hours)

In-depth

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

Bag Appeal: ****
Nice looks, green with dark orange hairs and decent amounts of resin. The resin is somewhat thin, not covering a big surface but it's really sticky.

THE GROWth:**
Probably the weakest point. This plant took forever to mature, and the final harvest is on the low side. This also happens with my larger SSA, which is growing in a 3 liter pot and also is one of the lowest yielding plants I've had.

That being said, the SSA growing in the 3 liter pot is maturing faster than the one I'm basing this review on, so it will probably be harvested aroung day 80 with at least 30% ambers.

THE SMELL: ****
Smells pretty sweet (a common trait in the strains I've tried from this bank), with hints of skunky and intense citrus aroma. The plant is not very smelly when it's left alone, but the aroma appears quickly when manipulated.

THE SMOKE: ***
Nice smoke for only a 3 day drying period/2 day cure :D please bear with me, I had no weed to smoke! All I can say is it's relaxing, good tasting and pretty durable. It tends more to the head high, it won't couchlock you. This would really improve with proper cure times, but it's worthless to wait that much for only 4 or 5 grams.

All in all it's a nice weed specially regarding taste and smoke. It's a low yield strain because of the plant structure. Nice aroma, not too strong (good for stealth grows) although it increases if you move the plant around.

I will harvest the "big" one soon, and hopefully will taste the more cured buds. I will try to post any significant differences/improvements then - if my memory works by then :lol:

ssa1.jpg ssa2.jpg

EDIT: please do not pay attention to the thumbs down icon in the thread title. I put that accidentally, I meant to put no icon but I got it wrong, and that one may lead to think negatively of this strain. It was not my intention at all, but it looks like I can't change the thread icon. I repeat, the thumbs down icon is not there intentionally. Sorry for this typo!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers sielm...Smoke Reports are my Favourite Bits....Helps us all...Thank You...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Where is everbody getting these smoke report forms? Are they a dyi item or a pre written form?:smokebuds:

Yep it's stickied on this same forum , you can also copy and paste one report and fulfill the necessary parts :)

I'll try to write something about the Fast Bud too, and any other strain that I get my hands on.

Time is the lacking thing here though ;)

Cheers!
:peace:

evening sielm thanks for the Smoke Reports brv, + rep for a nice grow,and like mossy say it my Favorite too , and sweet seeds strain i do lov :D, and i like to seeing any smoke reports on sweet seeds :booya:,if you not try Carmale cream i would book some in brv, im just about to harvests mine, she dam frosty,and the smell so so fruity ,:D:peace:Kudo

ive got one on the go will be ready to harvest by end of august...not sure how to cure it properly yet tho :lol:

SeedBank :
Sweet Seeds

Strain:
Sweet Skunk Auto (SSA)...

congrats on harvest:toke:
not to sound rude but...i think this report sorta throws the strain under the bus so to speak...
growth being the weakest point?
could be just the specific hybrid i guess but i have never,ever heard of a skunk strain yielding this low?:no: and i am from the region it came from
must be the specific used auto trait i guess?
hummmm...well was going to try it to see where they went w/ the flavor but now doesn't sound like it is worth my growing cost and expense of growing it after reading this report???:no::cry:
thanks~for the info

Last edited by a moderator:
Back