Techniques for Preventing Mold

NooB question: do you continue with these sprays throughout flowering until harvest? Or is there some point where you really don't want this stuff on your flowers?
You can continue with them until harvest. I do not my self. Ideally the mold and pm are under control and the plants are healthy, this allows me to discontinue treatment 2-4 weeks before harvest. I hope that helps.

Hello,
all proposals I read so far are not permanent.
You have to observe nature and copy her for permanent solutions.

Imagine the area around a waterfall.
The air is saturated with water. 100% air humility.
Is there mold ?
No. There is no mold.
There is moose and algae.
Why ?
Moose & algae and mold occupy the same living space.
Both grow at the same conditions.
But you NEVER get both. They are natural enemies.
Who first claim the area keep it.

I learned this from a master plant propagator. His propagation chambers where warm, moist and total mold free.
His secret was using water from a pond with plenty of moos and algae spoors.
His propagation chambers where green from all the moos and algae everywhere.
Mold is eating your plants and seeds. Moos and algae don't.

So, the best thing to prevent mold indoor is to control your air humidity.
At least measures it to know when you have to open the windows.
A power-free humidity-meter cost just $5.
Never let it got above 85%. That's the about the minimum air humidity that mold need to thrive.
I use a 2nd hand ($30) dehumidifier with a Chinese (ebay/aliexpress) air humidity controller. Zero mold.

The best thing for greenhouses and outdoor is using water with a high moos and algae spoor count (stream, pond, rain barrel - NOT tap).
Even spray this water. You will get a green, mold free greenhouse.

Neem, copper, and sulfer all destroy molds and fungi. Copper in a Bordeaux mix is the ultimate anti fungal treatment. Neem sprayed a few weeks before harvest will save you from getting rotten fat buds.

Neem, copper, and sulfer all destroy molds and fungi. Copper in a Bordeaux mix is the ultimate anti fungal treatment. Neem sprayed a few weeks before harvest will save you from getting rotten fat buds.

hmm thought copper was bad. and neem maybe breaks down different under the sun but thought it left a funk taste.

I found growing from seed you get around most issues. Clones ALWAYS have problems.

Copper is phototoxic if wet. Look up some Bordeaux mix. Copper is one of the necessary trace elements for weed. It will not hurt it if used right. Neem needs to be applied at least two weeks before harvest to allow the scent and taste to dissipate. I usually spray neem a month before I plan on harvesting as a preventative measure. Gives time for it to leave just before you harvest. Neem can be used systemically too. A full soil, or other grow medium drench every two weeks will keep it in the plants system to use as an insecticide and fungicide.

Last edited:
Not saying it doesn't work, as I didn't try the copper thing myself, but tried about everything else and found nothing to be 100% effective really. Best thing to do still is to select the right strains imho. Some strains never seem to get mold while others always get it. Wish there was a miracle cure, but I have my doubts.

Last thing I tried was 'Mills Vitalize', it's liquid silicium and is suppose to strenghten a plants own defences against mold, but I still had some strains who got bud rot anyway.

sulfur burner.
I use a mini crock-pot and deer repellent sulfur when doing that. Put a cup in and let is heat up with the ventilation off. That way it settles out of the air and all over the plants.

I use a mini crock-pot and deer repellent sulfur when doing that. Put a cup in and let is heat up with the ventilation off. That way it settles out of the air and all over the plants.
That's effective outdoors too?

Back