Techniques for Preventing Mold

I wouldnt worry about killing the micro herd... they live in the ground for the most part... unless you've been spraying organic teas on your plants... in which place those should help prevent "bud rot" aka Botrytis

I assumed you have used some technique to prevent mold and you would still found some mold from your plant. For example if plant is injured it might get some mold in it. After killing the mold with H2O2 you should spray your plant again with organic tea. :2cents:

I gave this ago in my garden last year with good results . It keeps alot of the heavy rain off your plants . Most my mold problems start with heavy rain and water lodging in flowers. I know its not perfect and may be a security issue due to the scaffold netting being easier to spot but you can spray it to camouflage it or hide it in a tree or bush canopy above your plants. The steeper angle you set it up at the better I find but you can also double it up if needs be . Hears a pic of this years setup

112000-t.jpg

The best way really is cutting the moly buds off, and them spraying the rest of the surrouning buds that may have touched the moldy bit with some 3% H2O2 solution. Right JM?

Moldy guerilla plants are a mf:ing bitch.

Hey guys, just a FYI here...
If you have access to the recent "Issue 19 2013" issue of CANNAtalk then I would recommend it as a good read. Very good article on "Plant associated Micro organisms." Anyways...thought it might be of use to reference it here as at one point it speaks of spraying Trichoderma on leaves to fight fungal diseases such as oidium and mildew...and gives good explanation as to how this symbiotic relationship with certain plants is achieved and to what benefit. Just a heads up. Could be some further support for the "tea spray" suggestions that have floated around here.

Peace:peace:
-Shadowbuck

I used Serenade to stop Powdery Mildew last year and the plants treated with it had no mold and the ones i didn't spray for PM had some minor mold. I'm gonna use it as a preventive and spray them before they go out and once a month until buds set.

Serenade garden is made from a unique, patented strain (QST 713) of Bacillus subtilis. Bacillus subtilis strain QST 713 penetrates and destroys the disease pathogen, but does not harm beneficial insects or wildlife.

It may be safe for buds but I'm not sure.

I use to have loads of problems with mold, until I bought a Triple Action from flower, organic and doesnt leave and smell or residue at all, 10E gives about 300L I think, I use it once a week and never have any mold problems anymore, its a godsend.
If you cant find it in english try triple accion, the spanish name
:) good luck!

I had some PM, I used 1 Tbl spoon Apple Cider Vinegar per litre of water. Sprayed them at dawn so they dried a bit before the sun hit them. I covered the soil with a plastic tarp for protection until it stopped dripping. Hasn't come back.

Had some grey mould too on young buds, was suggested on another thread here to spray with 1 Milk / 9 Water as a preventative, I cut the rot out and sprayed. that seemed to work, didn't come back. Apparently has to be done every 10 days or so while buds are young to work as a preventative, no good for mature buds. :peace:

I've been using Serenade.

I really like the topic of wormcasting tea maybe preventing mold I use soil from a worm farm I wonder if it would have similar results

Back