Sweet Seeds Terra's Cream Mandarine XL Auto grow

Ok Ok.. Yeah I know I am a bad boy this round about pictures. I've just been to busy vaping a lot of good pot! I got out the main cola of the best Triangle/Alien that has been curing since June. Holy shit man. That is good stuff.

I was looking at mine today and I just have been lazy to move them to get a good picture. The room is full and I need to move things around. I promise pics are coming soon, or else the grow will be over! They are at 5.5 weeks now.

Yours are looking awesome as Duck!

Check out the superfine frost forming on this plant :drool:

View attachment 506310

Ok Ok.. Yeah I know I am a bad boy this round about pictures. I've just been to busy vaping a lot of good pot! I got out the main cola of the best Triangle/Alien that has been curing since June. Holy shit man. That is good stuff.

I was looking at mine today and I just have been lazy to move them to get a good picture. The room is full and I need to move things around. I promise pics are coming soon, or else the grow will be over! They are at 5.5 weeks now.

Yours are looking awesome as Duck!

Thanks Blessed :d5:

I just checked out the pics of your CM XL's, they're doing well too. Just a few more weeks left now.

Day 63 update (9 weeks). I've flushed all plants with app. 40L of tap water each to see of I can get the Calcium issues under control. They Calcium issues started after the plants moved from the T5 to the LED lights.

I got some ph strips and tested my tap water too. The pH was 8.5, and according to the water company report it contains Calcium (42 mg/L), Magnesium (8.1 mg/L), Chlorine (47 mg/L), Sodium (54 mg/L), Sulphate (45 mg/L) and a lot of stuff in very small quantities. The total 'hardness' of the water is 1.4 mmol/L. Once I mix my AN nutrients and Overdrive, etc. (TaNg's feeding schedule) I get a pH of app. 7. I'm feeding 1ml/L AN Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra with every feeding. Could the Calcium deficiency be a Potassium excess? Or is this not very likely?

I've lowered the strength of the feeding to see if it makes any difference. Should I add Ph down to my nutrient mix to get the pH down to app. pH 6.3 after I've added all of my nutrients?

20151124_020938.jpg
20151124_020956.jpg
20151124_015431.jpg
20151124_015442.jpg
20151124_015456.jpg
20151124_015504.jpg
20151124_021014.jpg
20151124_020016.jpg

Attachments

• 20151124_015431.jpg
    20151124_015431.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 20151124_015504.jpg
    20151124_015504.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Looks like Ca def to me, though it doesn't sound like you should have a problem with your water and adding more. Possibly a ph issue? Not something I know much about I'm afraid. Have you tried increasing the cal/mag slightly?

Looks like Ca def to me, though it doesn't sound like you should have a problem with your water and adding more. Possibly a ph issue? Not something I know much about I'm afraid. Have you tried increasing the cal/mag slightly?

I've tried adding more cal/mag, but don't want to add to much because it's NPK ratio is 4-0-0. I want to get some cal/mag with less Nitrogen in it. I'm now correcting the pH down to around 6 instead of it being 7-ish. Maybe that will help.

Day 63 update (9 weeks). I've flushed all plants with app. 40L of tap water each to see of I can get the Calcium issues under control. They Calcium issues started after the plants moved from the T5 to the LED lights.

I got some ph strips and tested my tap water too. The pH was 8.5, and according to the water company report it contains Calcium (42 mg/L), Magnesium (8.1 mg/L), Chlorine (47 mg/L), Sodium (54 mg/L), Sulphate (45 mg/L) and a lot of stuff in very small quantities. The total 'hardness' of the water is 1.4 mmol/L. Once I mix my AN nutrients and Overdrive, etc. (TaNg's feeding schedule) I get a pH of app. 7. I'm feeding 1ml/L AN Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra with every feeding. Could the Calcium deficiency be a Potassium excess? Or is this not very likely?

I've lowered the strength of the feeding to see if it makes any difference. Should I add Ph down to my nutrient mix to get the pH down to app. pH 6.3 after I've added all of my nutrients?
Hey Terra, seems like you're probably having more of a lockout issue due to high pH rather than an actual lack of calcium. If your tap water is actually 8.5 pH then that's probably why the AN nutes aren't working too well... is that stuff even safe to drink lol? I believe AN says their products work with starting pH range of 4.5-8.5 but I doubt you want to be on either extreme end if you want to get the best results... So for now I would actually try adjusting your tap water down first then mixing the nutes. Also if you really want to get the best results I would suggest using RO water for your next grow. You can get a cheap "aquarium" RO filter system off Ebay for $100 which is what I use. :2cents:
:pass:

Hey Terra, seems like you're probably having more of a lockout issue due to high pH rather than an actual lack of calcium. If your tap water is actually 8.5 pH then that's probably why the AN nutes aren't working too well... is that stuff even safe to drink lol? I believe AN says their products work with starting pH range of 4.5-8.5 but I doubt you want to be on either extreme end if you want to get the best results... So for now I would actually try adjusting your tap water down first then mixing the nutes. Also if you really want to get the best results I would suggest using RO water for your next grow. You can get a cheap "aquarium" RO filter system off Ebay for $100 which is what I use. :2cents:
:pass:

Thanks for that Hansbricks.

The water tastes really nice and is good to drink :p I started adjusting the pH of my water today. Hopefully things swing round this way. I'll check out Ebay for those RO systems. Thanks :)

Back