Indoor Testing the eazyplug pyramid mini.

Almost 8 weeks.
She appears to have stopped putting on any more bulk and the pistils are going orange fast from almost all white five days ago to mostly orange. She also has that look like she might be ready. Took a bunch of leaves off to get better airflow as I was just beginning to get some bud rot on my big plant. She may very well come down at the eight week mark on Sunday.

Meanwhile I have just been jugging a couple of litres of nutes over her regularly. A new Lemon Pie in a mini pyramid is underway, began by soaking the pyramid in plain tap water, then let the plug begin to become a bit dry on the outside.

PH7++ - 2.jpeg
PH7++ - 10.jpeg

Attachments

• PH7++ - 1.jpeg
    PH7++ - 1.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 70
  • PH7++ - 3.jpeg
    PH7++ - 3.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 72
  • PH7++ - 4.jpeg
    PH7++ - 4.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 66
  • PH7++ - 5.jpeg
    PH7++ - 5.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 62
  • PH7++ - 6.jpeg
    PH7++ - 6.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 62
  • PH7++ - 7.jpeg
    PH7++ - 7.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 66
  • PH7++ - 8.jpeg
    PH7++ - 8.jpeg
    418.5 KB · Views: 69
  • PH7++ - 9.jpeg
    PH7++ - 9.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 70
She appears to have stopped putting on any more bulk and the pistils are going orange fast from almost all white five days ago to mostly orange. She also has that look like she might be ready. Took a bunch of leaves off to get better airflow as I was just beginning to get some bud rot on my big plant. She may very well come down at the eight week mark on Sunday.

Meanwhile I have just been jugging a couple of litres of nutes over her regularly. A new Lemon Pie in a mini pyramid is underway, began by soaking the pyramid in plain tap water, then let the plug begin to become a bit dry on the outside.

View attachment 1445381View attachment 1445389

Thats a stunning plant m8.. great job :worship: and great to see what the easyplug can do.. amazing.

@hope2grow thanks man, I'm pretty stoked myself, she is very pretty to look at and a very different structure grown in a large pot. Fact is I've always wanted to grow a plant with this structure which is why I even tried soil. It is much better than I expected and I'm pretty excited now to see how other varieties grow. I have to stress though that this appears to be basically foolproof, great for testing purposes to as you know you have a level playing field.

@Qbgrower, cheers. I suspect they'd do well in an autopot system due to their ability to wick, however I'd be concerned about salt build up. But a top feed going for 15 mins/hour would work.

When it is new the pot holds about 650ml of water and pretty well soaks it up like a sponge when you pour it on for the first few weeks. So found I've been no using any fertiliser for the first three weeks. After the roots start forming the pyramid takes on different properties. The pyramid does not swell, or enlarge in any way, in spite of filling with roots. When pouring nute in at the top, it comes out evenly dispersed across the entire bottom surface area.

The pyramid acts less like a sponge but still holds a few hundred mis before feeling a bit light. I am currently just giving her fresh water hosed on in the shower but the ppm is still coming in at 500 so I'm not sure what that all means.

So there's the new Fast Buds Lemon Pie which will be interesting to see, but I also have an Amnesia Auto in a plug which is a more stretchy willowing sativa type structure, so that's going to be also very interesting to see what form she takes in this plug.

Will be looking forward to cutting the plug open when this one is done.

hosedown - 1.jpeg

@hope2grow thanks man, I'm pretty stoked myself, she is very pretty to look at and a very different structure grown in a large pot. Fact is I've always wanted to grow a plant with this structure which is why I even tried soil. It is much better than I expected and I'm pretty excited now to see how other varieties grow. I have to stress though that this appears to be basically foolproof, great for testing purposes to as you know you have a level playing field.

@Qbgrower, cheers. I suspect they'd do well in an autopot system due to their ability to wick, however I'd be concerned about salt build up. But a top feed going for 15 mins/hour would work.

When it is new the pot holds about 650ml of water and pretty well soaks it up like a sponge when you pour it on for the first few weeks. So found I've been no using any fertiliser for the first three weeks. After the roots start forming the pyramid takes on different properties. The pyramid does not swell, or enlarge in any way, in spite of filling with roots. When pouring nute in at the top, it comes out evenly dispersed across the entire bottom surface area.

The pyramid acts less like a sponge but still holds a few hundred mis before feeling a bit light. I am currently just giving her fresh water hosed on in the shower but the ppm is still coming in at 500 so I'm not sure what that all means.

So there's the new Fast Buds Lemon Pie which will be interesting to see, but I also have an Amnesia Auto in a plug which is a more stretchy willowing sativa type structure, so that's going to be also very interesting to see what form she takes in this plug.

Will be looking forward to cutting the plug open when this one is done.

View attachment 1446124
You got a fancy camera or doing any post processing on that pic? Looks absolutely amazing. Lip smackingly good.

Qb

You got a fancy camera or doing any post processing on that pic? Looks absolutely amazing. Lip smackingly good.

Qb

Ha ha. You know my background began hand processing Ektachrome E3 in a small professional lab, and I've always used Hasselblad 500, Leica M3, M2, and Nikon F2. But these days I just use my iPhone mini for everything it does a better job of representing reality. All the shots I take are straight out of the phone. But then the phone itself does it's own automatic computational photography, which I have no idea how it's algorithms work. Like in the shot above the camera just lights it up with it's screen and then somehow spits out that final shot, it's magic.

Five days into week 9 and it looks like I will take her down then. Here are four comparison shots from 5 days ago. It's always tricky to tell because of distortion from small changes in angle. But it does appear that more weight has accumulated and I think this weekend will be the time. Especially with some but rot around although this gets plenty of air.

I like these pyramids so much I bought the company! no not really but I bought a few more pyramids which are all underway. A Sweet Seeds Jack47XL, Gorilla Cookies, Amnesia, and Lemon Pie. This will give me a good idea on a range of different shapes. Because of the small footprint, I can put four of these under a single 100W square viparspectra and that would do for the first 3 weeks, before I needed to spread them out.

17th - 1.jpeg22nd - 1.jpeg17th - 2.jpeg22nd - 2.jpeg17th - 3.jpeg22nd - 3.jpeg17th - 4.jpeg22nd - 4.jpeg

Earthlings!... we come in peace, take us to your dealer...

Peace - 1.jpeg

And she's down...weighing in at a respectable 310g wet so will be over 2 zips, better than I expected. This has been the fasted chop yet, eight snips and it's done. Big surprise was cutting the plug open. I expected to see it completely chocablock with roots, but instead it is mainly filled with roots that are so fine as to be hard to see, it can almost look like there aren't any roots in a lot of it. Four more pyramids on the way, all different beans so I'll get to see if this was a fluke and if it's always going to be this easy.

pyramid harvest - 21.jpeg

Attachments

• pyramid harvest - 19.jpeg
    pyramid harvest - 19.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 73
  • pyramid harvest - 14.jpeg
    pyramid harvest - 14.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 72
  • pyramid harvest - 15.jpeg
    pyramid harvest - 15.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 75
  • pyramid harvest - 16.jpeg
    pyramid harvest - 16.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 81
  • pyramid harvest - 17.jpeg
    pyramid harvest - 17.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 77
  • pyramid harvest - 18.jpeg
    pyramid harvest - 18.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 79
  • pyramid harvest - 20.jpeg
    pyramid harvest - 20.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 82
  • pyramid harvest - 1 (1).jpeg
    pyramid harvest - 1 (1).jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 89
This was the small pyramid right?

:slap:

And she's down...weighing in at a respectable 310g wet so will be over 2 zips, better than I expected. This has been the fasted chop yet, eight snips and it's done. Big surprise was cutting the plug open. I expected to see it completely chocablock with roots, but instead it is mainly filled with roots that are so fine as to be hard to see, it can almost look like there aren't any roots in a lot of it. Four more pyramids on the way, all different beans so I'll get to see if this was a fluke and if it's always going to be this easy.

View attachment 1449009
I am super impressed with this being the maiden voyage. If you keep it up you should get even better

Back