Indoor Testing the eazyplug pyramid mini.

Thank you for this, was just about to buy 16 20l air pots but saw this thread and the lazy person inside me smiled.

When you can combine no work with an improved result, you know you're onto something. You can see my reaction to this object in real time at the start of this thread. I thought after week three, hey this is pretty good, prolly be able to get half an oz easy, then came a big stretch where she doubles in size and suddenly looked a bit weird, then tiny buds started forming quickly with not many leaves and lots of space, and I thought to myself, well this hasn't really worked out. Looks like I'll be lucky to get a quarter oz of popcorn buds. Seriously that is what was going through my mind, then within two week my eyeballs were popping out of my head.

I have not used the 10" pyramid which is what is in the set up in the youtube video above, you can tell because there's no hole for the plug. The latest three are growing even better, so now 60gm is the target to beat, I want to see how far a one litre plug can go, I hope to push this to four zips with the right bean. But this is so much fun to us, well worth the price. The big ones wouldn't be as much fun.

they built a flood system around the pyramids...well, nice, but i like diy

Good find, looks to be a bit over engineered. However that video would tend to make the casual observer think all that rigging is necessary. I need to see how the 10" pyramid would perform before thinking about how I'll use it.

Last edited:
Let's see, i ordered the complete 3-set, will arrive soon, and the beans are in the water. Next run one hempy and two pyramids, just one plant as a backup.
Overenineered..definitley! I wonder why most stuff is black plastic, it's not recyclable, heats up in sun/light and is non-reflective. All this brainwork, but the obvious is not done.imo.
I'm just making my mind up, if I handwater or if I build a diy watering system...got some ideas anyway (putting the pyramid/plant it on a 30-40 degree slope, so LST is done by simply turning the plant by 180 degrees - i guess less stress isn't possible, less stem manipulation, simply a change of the plants stem to a nearly horizontal line - has anyone tried that before?)
I'm excited to play with that.

I'm excited to play with that.

Yes, exactly, I'm sure that once there is a small community growing weed in these that because of it's unique properties for example turning the entire plant sideways many more innovative uses will emerge. You could even grow a photoperiod plant in this then when it was tall enough you could put in inside a hanging tube then as it grew it would come out the bottom and grow in the right direction for a spectacularly weird and decorative weed grow.

Using the mini pyramid is a bit like flying an FPV drone in that you can ride the drift to turn, like sliding a car around a corner, in this way... even with my external tank hydro if I get a bit of tip burn I have to try and ride it out, I'm not going to do some major flush for something that isn't really anything yet. But, with the mini pyramid, if I see the slightest bit of tip stress, I can instantly reduce the ppm by just watering down the nute when I jug it over. Or I can completely flush the entire plant using the shower hose and then just jug some new nutes in. This would be a major operation in anything other than the mini pyramid.

Also the mini pyramid is like a virtual flight simulator for the newbie, if a newbie is having problems with a mini pyramid then they'd better not bother wasting their time and money trying to do a soil grow till they can fly a pyramid without crashing. Not only that but you get a very good intuitive feel for how to water them.

This is the Amnesia this morning, I could see the plug had a lot of dry patches on the outside and the whole plug was very light, the plug takes about 650ml of water and it took 500ml to fill it back up again. So there was only 150ml of nutes left in the plug, yet the plant was not wilting or looking stressed in any way.

Here is me balancing the entire Amnesia plant and plug sideways on one finger! amnesia - 2.jpeg you can see how dry the plug is here with all the brown patches amnesia - 3.jpeg here she is last night before bedtime, amnesia - 1.jpegyou can see all the leaves are closing down for the night but although there's hardly any water left in the pot by morning, she's still very perky. I was surprised she dried out so much over night it was just this one bean. So the colour change of the plug is a useful indicator.

UPDATE on Gorilla Cookies, both beans at two days old. Already I can see that the new GC is like any normal two day old sprout, but the first one already has fat leaves that are curling a bit. Naturally I was happy to see that in the beginning, it wasn't until about a week into it that I was getting a bad vibe about the growth. Either this is not a GC seed or it has sustained some kind of harmful gene anomaly.

However I don't think this is not a GC because whatever bean it is, it is borked. And the odds of a borked bean that is also a wrong delivery from a reliable supplier, is not credible. Therefore I'm going to grow the bad GC to finish to confirm that it is indeed a GC.

Bad GCold GC - 1.jpeg Good GCnew GC - 1.jpegnew GC - 2.jpeg

The Jedi Kush was born todayJedi Kush - 1.jpeg and now my next challenge is how and *when* to fit the cube on top of the big pyramid. I'm not too happy about the situation at the moment because the first roots going in are going to be delicate. I'm now thinking that it might have been better to dig a hole in the big pyramid and jam an eazyplug into it rather than place the big cube on top. Right now I'm thinking I could push a piece of wire through the pyramid about halfway down with little loops just sticking out the sides which I could use to tie down the top cube with some cotton or something, just to keep it secure until the roots bind them together securely. That's what I'm currently mulling over. But maybe that won't be necessary, after all I won't be manhandling the big pyramid the same as the mini, so it may not need it if I just put it on early so it has the earliest chance to bond, rather than wait a week for the roots to start coming out of the cube. Yeah that's what I'm going to do now I think about it. The big pyramid took about 2800ml of water, which is four times what the mini will absorb, so that's exactly four times the volume, do I really need another cube on top? Probably not. But it's too late now. Well not really, I could just put that cube in my normal hydro, but I'm not going to do that. Next big though pyramid *will* be directly in the pyramid, like the mini. Probably.

And it will be another Jedi Kush, so that will be two grows before I'll get an answer to this question in about six months. To cube, or not to cube, that is the question. Stay tuned!

Imagine if my first test in this was not the Purple Haze but it was the bad GC, then I'd have seen a pathetic result and this thread would not exist, crazy eh? But in fact to the contrary, after 2 weeks I was able to conclude never having grown a GC before that the problem was the seed it wasn't me. How often will a seed from a quality breeder be this bad, so it would be normal to conclude that somehow I've done something wrong, but as I know that's not possible, I could confidently predict that this seed is bad, that's the sort of confidence and peace of mind that I value very highly.

Here is the struggling GC. bad GC - 1.jpeg try this thought experiment. Imagine that I put this specimen on any 'plant problems' forum on any site and say that for some unknown reason this bean looks otherwise OK apart from being severely stunted with twisted leaves and some variegation. Now try and guess what the responses would be.

Last edited:
Such a neat product. The results you have gotten are quite impressive. Thanks for continuing to share them with us all. I may give one a try in the future.

Jedi Kush Big Pyramid
Found an air fryer basket that is perfect for the big pyramid, plus a kitty litter tray, which is a usefully too small so I can easily position the pyramid at a slight slope if want to water it from different sides to keep the nutrient gradient nice and even
.Jedi Kush - 1 (2).jpegJedi Kush - 3.jpegJedi Kush - 2.jpegJedi Kush - 4.jpeg

Instead of some elaborate drainage set up I can now see that If I make a hole in the middle of the tray, and place it over a bucket instead of the piece of hydro stand in the photo, then I will easily be able to just pour nutrient over the pyramid by hand which is my preferred method.

EDIT: I tried to push a wire through the side in a straight line and it emerged near the top, second go emerged near the bottom so there are elaborate passageways through the pyramid! But it's better to do it externally because I can put more pressure on the top. This should avoid me bumping the cube and damaging any roots before it's grown through securely. Jedi Kush - 1 (2).jpeg I will remove this eventually.

Last edited:
so, @The Iconoclast, to sum things I understood a little up here, and get my brain set and done.
You didn't bother about PH? They say to go with PH 5.8.
I just soaked the plugs and put some sprouts in them.

When I decide they are good to go, I plug them in the next bigger part, whatever one choses (will be block and big pyramid) and then no feed needed about 3 weeks? Did I read this right? No feed?
What feed did you start with, when you started? You observed a high rise in ppm, without harm, but what do you now see as good to go? 350-500 ppm or go stronger like you did.
Yes I know I'm going the easy way to ask here, but I think not just me benefits from a small proper writeup of best practice you found up to date.
Perhaps I'm just flattened by the simplicity, but I don't want to miss something.
Thanks!

These really look like a George Foreman solution!

Set it and forget it.

well, there's a little/some evidence they are working, so why not try. If I can get what @The Iconoclast got out of them and saves time and effort...why not.
If they don't work...dump is just some steps away. But I like surprises, let's see

Back