Testing the Wild Thing (USA Only)

Week 6 New
  • Howdy y’all :toke:
    It’s week 6 day #47, for these Wild Thing girls. I’m cutting it close this week with the update but here goes.
    Things got crazy busy this week with the beautiful weather and we were able to get lots of outside projects done. I did grab a few photos through the week and things are progressing nicely in the tent.
    I ended up flipping to flower on Thursday night Day #39. They are both stretching very fast, I’ve had to adjust the lights and the pole fans a couple times already.
    IMG_1583.jpeg
    IMG_1600.jpeg
    IMG_1601.jpeg
    IMG_1602.jpeg

Week 7 New
    It’s week 7 day #50 of my math is right. I wanted to make sure I got my weekly update in earlier since the weather is so nice and we have been working outside more to prepare the vegetables, fruits, raised beds and greenhouse for the year.

This one might be a little long :biggrin:

I ran into a problem Sunday morning when I opened the tents, I found Wild Thing #1 (littler one on the right side) was laying over, almost on its side, leaning against #2.
    The stalk is very skinny and it doesn’t appear to have much root structure. Which makes me think it needs silica.
    Of course this one has been lagging behind the entire grow and I decided to try and figure out what is going on. First thing I did was recenter my light on the tent and moved both plants to get the optimum footprint from the light. I put a 4’ bamboo stake on the pot and tied #1 up to it. I measured intensity 615-705 for #1 and 750-912 for #2. Light is approx 10”from #2 and 18” from #1 measured at canopy. Light set at 75%
    Once I got it straightened out I noticed that the float indicator on the #1 grobucket was showing 2-3 leaves (5is like max full) while #2 was empty. My last watering/feed for both was last Wednesday 4/16. At that time I mixed up 2gal and gave 1gal to each plant to hold me over till Sunday. When I was done with that #2 was floating at 3leaves and #1 was at 4.
    Specs of that feed/water were
    PH set to 6.3 (was 8.4)
    PPM 480
    EC 1.0

So basically between Wednesday and Sunday #2 used everything up but #1 barely used 1 leaf amount. Here’s a photo from Wednesday after the feed/water
    IMG_1583.jpeg

I decided to empty #1 reservoir and start taking measurements of the contents.
    Pulled float stick to access the reservoir through the fill pipe.
    TC_00584.jpeg

Used my battery powered RV pump to suck the reservoir dry and measure contents. The fluid did not have a smell , so I’m ruling out any sort of rot issue, water was clean with a slight yellow tint , right at 2” in a 2gal bucket.

TC_00587.jpeg

TC_00590.jpeg

PH
    TC_00592.jpeg

PPM
    TC_00599.jpeg

EC
    TC_00601.jpeg

So it appears that I have too much nutrients ? I went from 1.0-3.6 EC, pH 6.3-6.5 and PPM 480-1800 in just about 4 days time. I’m pretty sure I watered on Wednesday from the top because I had too dressed previously with worm castings. So do I just have too many nutrients building up and it’s not uptaking anything ? The extra EC & PPM come from watering from the top and flushing more into the reservoir ?

here’s here’s a photo after I drained it took a few bigger leaves off
    TC_00602.jpeg

One from today
    TC_00605.jpeg

I thought about letting them dry out until both pots are light to pick up and then water with just PH water and some silica (Humboldts Tree Trunk ).
    Thought I’d post all this to see
    If I’m on the right track here ? Only concern has been the lighter leaf color on the #1 mostly (was originally thinking needed more nitrogen and that’s what caused the top dress and top water recently) and then the thin stalk and laying over from #1
    Oh well that’s my big update for week 7 lol. I’m glad I’m keeping track of everything, #2 is a beautiful plant and it’s even showing rigorous growth since I pulled some leaves yesterday. #2 is going to be thirsty long before #1 is , I suspect. Let me know your thoughts if you have any. Thanks
    :bighug:

Last edited:
    Week 8 New
    It’s week 8, day #60 for my Wild Thing girls.

The dry back period seemed to work well and #1 is definitely up taking water/nutrients again. It’s still a little slower than #2, but I can see the reservoir indicator moving so that’s some progress. I let them dry out until Saturday, surprisingly there were no signs of them being thirsty other than an empty reservoir. I watered from the bottom both times since the dry back.
    It took from Saturday until yesterday for the #1 problem child to show empty reservoir again. I added a dose of Tree Trunk to both Saturday’s feed and Wednesday’s water.
    Saturday specs were 1.1 EC, PH 6.7 PPM 530.

Other than the slower growth of #1 things are going nicely. I added so slaps to the tent. Outside gardening is full blast right now and there’s tons of “projects” going on since the weather is being so nice. It’s almost got me wanting to try an outside cannabis grow,

Here’s some photos I grabbed throughout the week

IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1746.jpeg
    TC_00607.jpeg
    TC_00609.jpeg
    TC_00614.jpeg

Just one of the outside projects growing on.
    IMG_1741.jpeg

Catch y’all next week

Week 9 New
  • Howdy y’all :toke: It’s week 9 day day #65 and if my math is “mathin” it’s day #26 of flower

I can’t say enough good things about Wild Thing #2, it’s been a strong plant from the start. Not even a hint of tip burn or anything with it. It’s been a easy plant to grow. On the flip side #1 has been a problem child from the start. Everything is identical, so not sure what’s going on.

I intentionally raised the PH this last feed as lowering it on the previous one seemed to make #1 look worse. I actually think it looks better this morning so I may be on to something.
    Specs
    PH 6.8
    PPM 1170
    EC 2.4

Just using the FF trio but added in tree trunk to hopefully thicken her up some . Hopefully next week things will be improving more.

I’m considering taking number 1 out behind the woodshed :crying:

I’ve thought about just running about 10 gallons of rainwater through it and letting it dry out and starting fresh if it’s not looking much better next week.

Been lots of projects going on still but I was able to grab some photos throughout the week to share. Any one good at identifying snakes ? 🐍
    TC_00615.jpeg
    TC_00617.jpeg
    TC_00621.jpeg
    TC_00622.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    TC_00623.jpeg

Mixed up 4cf of cheap soil, 2cf of peat moss, 4gal of perlite, 2gal of worm castings.
    IMG_1868.jpeg

Second bed built out of cedar planks and installed. I decided to use PT 2x4’s for the legs and I lined it with panda film with lots of holes for drainage. I want one more 2x4 bed and possibly a 2x2 and then I’ll fence everything in to keep the dogs out and add a couple large trellises.
    IMG_1870.jpeg

I thought this one was a corn snake , I’m not 100% sure but I relocated it outside my fenced in dog area. Wasn’t aggressive at all. I almost stepped on it and it caught me off guard. Since I didn’t think it was venomous I moved it along.
    IMG_1804.jpeg

My wife got this idea to plant strawberries in rain gutters, so we are adding rain gutters full of strawberries to all our deck handrailing and anything else we can lol. Thanks to SaltyAcresNC on IG for the guidance with those. Whole family loves berries.

We started 2 Concord grape vines (one is showing leaves behind the blue watering can already) , a raspberry bush and when it’s all done will probably have around 95 strawberry plants some ever bearing and some June bearing
    IMG_1863.jpeg

I hope everyone is having a great week , it’s been absolutely pouring down rain for a few days now and the rest of this week it’s more of the same. Humidity has been crazy high, so that’s been an issue too. I’ll Catch y’all next week.

Last edited:
    Back