• Sell the genetics and project for money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Produce seeds, sell those for money

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Do nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Leftover phenotypes. But the bad news is that my pollen was collected in the wrong conditions (too humid) and stored improperly (freezer broke down and I didn't notice it for a few weeks).
So there are no new seeds this fall, but at least there's some bud. I'm limiting the search for the optimal type to the version that has a purplish coloration, since that one brings out the flavor the most and has the best THC content.
There are 3 pheno's popping up this generation, and I'm focussing on that single one from now on. It seems to be the most resistant and the fastest flowering type in the bunch.
Let's just hope the other 75 seeds I have on this project will yield a plant with the same characteristics next year.
DSCF9785.JPG
DSCF9786.JPG
DSCF9788.JPG

DSCF9792.JPG
DSCF9799.JPG
DSCF9803.JPG

That'll be the end of this years' project. Next summer I'll continue on improving this strain. No seeds this year, which is a shame.

Even though resistance is pretty good, it isn't as good as I wanted; any budrot that happens to grow, is halted by the plant 'shutting down' the sap flow, basically starving the rot and putting it in quarantine. No mildew, even though surrounding plants are infected and act as vector by touching leafs. I am aiming for a totally rot resistant plant and I'll keep vectors and live botrytis cultures around to actively infect and select for that in the future.

Remember, I'm not making an indoor strain, it would be a waste to have something grow for 3 months with lights. So infections are common outdoors, and my plants need to be more resistant to those. At least, as much as possible.
This year isn't a waste, I've found the phenotypes I want to select for, and I still have some nice buds to smoke.

As this AF-season comes to a close, I want to share my other projects, which are photo-strains.
DSCF9793.JPG

Purple (true purple) Punisher [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]. Very indica, as dense as it gets.

DSCF9806.JPG

Punisher [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Green version. A good hybrid with amazing outdoor yields. Prone to rot unfortunately. Indoors this strain does very well, but I don't grow indoors.

DSCF9798.JPG

This 'original' durban poison is something that can't be found in the coffeeshops anymore. The last time I smoked buds that tasted like this, I was 19 years old. I've been looking for that taste for over 7 years. I'm crossing these with the P#2 green version. To hopefully combine the flavors.

View attachment 807921 View attachment 807922 View attachment 807923
That'll be the end of this years' project. Next summer I'll continue on improving this strain. No seeds this year, which is a shame.

Even though resistance is pretty good, it isn't as good as I wanted; any budrot that happens to grow, is halted by the plant 'shutting down' the sap flow, basically starving the rot and putting it in quarantine. No mildew, even though surrounding plants are infected and act as vector by touching leafs. I am aiming for a totally rot resistant plant and I'll keep vectors and live botrytis cultures around to actively infect and select for that in the future.

Remember, I'm not making an indoor strain, it would be a waste to have something grow for 3 months with lights. So infections are common outdoors, and my plants need to be more resistant to those. At least, as much as possible.
This year isn't a waste, I've found the phenotypes I want to select for, and I still have some nice buds to smoke.

As this AF-season comes to a close, I want to share my other projects, which are photo-strains.
View attachment 807924
Purple (true purple) Punisher [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]. Very indica, as dense as it gets.

View attachment 807926
Punisher [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Green version. A good hybrid with amazing outdoor yields. Prone to rot unfortunately. Indoors this strain does very well, but I don't grow indoors.

View attachment 807925
This 'original' durban poison is something that can't be found in the coffeeshops anymore. The last time I smoked buds that tasted like this, I was 19 years old. I've been looking for that taste for over 7 years. I'm crossing these with the P#2 green version. To hopefully combine the flavors.
Hey JanSteen
Sorry to hear you got no new beans this year but a great smoke is good.

The other crosses you made sound interesting good luck and happy breeding.

Have a nice day
cu tobe

Thanks for the comment tobe!
Better luck next year indeed!

Have a nice day too!

Back