World Wide The Solo Cup Stretch Challenge

Germination
20231202_175613 - Copy.jpg

Germination
Well, since I dropped 3 and all of them popped and I only have room for 2 in the tent I guess I'm gonna be in it. Just need to get it together and planted this morning. Will edit here when I get my sh!t together.
IMG20231203092547.jpg

There we go. Dropped to soak on Dec 1 and planted Dec 3.
Down n dirty. Cheap and quick stand.
IMG20231204160807.jpg

Field fencing, epoxy and the bottom of an apple juice container. All components on hand.

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question, do I need to post a pic when I put my soaked seed into the cup?
This is what the threadmark explanation is.
1. Germination (this can be any time from dropping a seed into water to the first true leaves.)

Never did a solo cup grow. What do I gotta do, punch holes in the bottom?
Holes in the bottom, coco perlite not peat, and a lot more watering than you are used to. Bottom line is that stuff goes sideways in a hurry with solos, and the medium, in my experience, goes way high in EC/PPM due to, I think, water removal by the plant. The best approach, as suggested on Cocoforcannnabis.com is to check the EC/PPM of your runoff and if it exceeds more than about 300EC higher than your nute input, fertigate more often and/or more nutes at a time. With a serious flush each time you can get away with a couple fertigations a day. On my automated setup, I hit them six times a day. And, you gotta use salt nutes. Organic in this small a pot would be difficult.

All just my two cents of course, but I usually do reasonably well with solos. :pighug:

Last edited:
Real Farmers aren't afraid of a little solo cup challenge @Cultivators don't disappoint me, sure it is different trying to grow a tall one but hey it can be educational and fun at the same time common, drop a bean!
I’d love to do this. Love solo grows.
I don’t have a tent this winter but would def try one in spring. NY gets fully legal next summer so imma fill my hill with pretty girls.

I’d love to do this. Love solo grows.
I don’t have a tent this winter but would def try one in spring. NY gets fully legal next summer so imma fill my hill with pretty girls.
Sounds good. Good luck next spring, I hope you have lots of fun, and grow some great weed. :pighug:

Back