World Wide The Solo Cup Stretch Challenge

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.

SoloCup_sawneyInPixio.jpg

Think you know how to grow? Here is a 30 day challenge to test those skills, grow the tallest autoflowering cannabis plant in a solo cup.

The root system must remain in the cup, the medium must be contained in the cup of 18 oz maximum volume, the bottom of the cup is to be air gapped to prevent roots from growing outside of the cup. Updates are to included a picture of the under cup gap and the "air pruned roots".

Pictures for judging will be submitted on January 1, 2024

Germination will begin December 1, 2023 your time zone,
Weekly updates are required.
A yard stick or tape measure will be used in every update to illustrate the plant's height.
A code for a code card will be given November 30th with further instructions on how to include in your updates.

The tallest plant contest will end Jan. 1, 2024 but the thread will continue through harvest of the plants. Please use the regular 7 milestone threadmark system. There will be a poll at the end for the best plant.

You may Germinate any number of Autoflowering seeds on December 1 your time zone. The code word is:

Stretch

include in the germination picture on a hand written card or if you are direct planting on the cup is good! Threadmark this post with Germination.

on or before December 7, in your first weekly report you will choose 1 seedling for the game.

You will make weekly reports until the final picture on or before Jan. 1 midnight your time zone. If your plant is showing sex in one of your weekly updates threadmark that post Sex.

The game will continue as a normal Grow & Show after the Stretch Game is over. There will be a popularity poll for best plant when all plants have had their Bud milestones posted, or the grow ended.

@Sawney_bean is contributing for a prize:

Shipping Limitations WORLDWIDE

What are you offering up for prize/giveaway? A full collection of all my strains to date including one off specials.

**** non cultivator club contestants need to tag me in to their posts that need a threadmark*******
This is a permissions problem above my paygrade.

More to come!

Last edited:
All posts of all threadmarks of all participants here? Might get a bit busy. :pighug:
Also, can we only start soaking on Dec1, or can we soak before then as long as germination (coty's free??) doesn't happen before Dec1?

I may have a seed or two that might stretch...:pighug:

I'm curious about the thread marks for this one also. We're suppose to do weekly updates following the 7 mile stones so do we threadmark every weekly update or just what applies to the milestones?

I'm curious about the thread marks for this one also. We're suppose to do weekly updates following the 7 mile stones so do we threadmark every weekly update or just what applies to the milestones?
Yeah I thought about that before making it a rule, Germination is the start everybody threadmarks that then for the next 4 weeks weekly reports with pictures ruler air-gap you only threadmark any of those weeks if it happens with sex then threadmark it. Jan 1 you submit the final picture for the Stretch challenge. Of course it is to your advantage if you take your picture that day but not everyone will have the option so they can submit a picture early or one take prior to the 1st. Then after the Stretch is over it becomes a game with a poll at the end and only milestone updates are required to be threadmarked. This thread is open to normal conversation.

I'd love to join but i have been so busy with work I'd most likely kill a solo cup unless i had it sitting in a autopot tray lol

When work dies down after xmas I'll be more involved here i promise!

Back