Tincture Thread

Well it melted my thermometer which I've had for years, and it tastes absolutely vile! I'm not sure if I evaporated enough alcohol because it wouldn't sit nicely at the right temperature so I got about 40ml of tincture having put in 60ml of 151 or just over.

When I tipped it into the half glass of water it went cloudy pale green. Is that normal?
You don't really want to evaporate too much alcohol, bring up to near boiling is just so the herb infuses better into the liquid.
It does taste like the devils own bath water, I dry heaved taking it :ill:
As for the colour, green is what your looking for
img_5069-jpg.901005

This is the story that I read that forced me to make some, I thought 'I need a religious experience'. :rofl:

OH yeah man....it can send you over the edge!! Been there several times!!

I was dubious at first, it has to be said, considering the size of doses people were talking about, but it really works. I plan on making a batch of GDT with every plant I grow, it's only a little herb, but the return is just insane.

Yes the power of the GDT is astonishing!!! I was the same way...."how could such a tiny amount have that much effect?"

This weekend, I'm gonna make a Strawberry Nuggets, and Forgotten Cookies batch, and test to see what the differences are, I'll post my findings here

I am very, very keen to hear about the effects!!

Well it melted my thermometer which I've had for years, and it tastes absolutely vile! I'm not sure if I evaporated enough alcohol because it wouldn't sit nicely at the right temperature so I got about 40ml of tincture having put in 60ml of 151 or just over.

When I tipped it into the half glass of water it went cloudy pale green. Is that normal?

Yes...none of us drink it for the taste!! So if you ended up with 40 form 60 then you just didn't quite hot water bath it for long enough. Watch that clock!! BTW i barely use a thermometer anymore. I just watch the tincture and wait for it to just start to boil, and then fine tune the stove element to keep it there. Not looking for a rolling boil, more of a just starting to boil. I do use the thermometer in the water to make sure its close to 170 when i put the tincture in the bath.

Yeah it's definitely the right colour! I'll see how I get on, I did about 1ml but I had my lunch about an hour ago so it may not hit me until about 3pm...

Generally it will be green, but sometimes it will be more of an amber, brown/tan or even orange colour.

Yes...none of us drink it for the taste!! So if you ended up with 40 form 60 then you just didn't quite hot water bath it for long enough. Watch that clock!! BTW i barely use a thermometer anymore. I just watch the tincture and wait for it to just start to boil, and then fine tune the stove element to keep it there. Not looking for a rolling boil, more of a just starting to boil. I do use the thermometer in the water to make sure its close to 170 when i put the tincture in the bath.
And there's my mistake right there - I brought the water to a simmer with the jar already in it. But it had 20 minutes at the right sort of temperature.

It definitely has an effect, I had to go to bed for a couple of hours because I recognised that I was losing control of my body and I thought it safer to be in bed than anywhere else. I'm still not right, it's four hours since I started feeling the effects, but I mostly have control of my sight...

And there's my mistake right there - I brought the water to a simmer with the jar already in it. But it had 20 minutes at the right sort of temperature.

It definitely has an effect, I had to go to bed for a couple of hours because I recognised that I was losing control of my body and I thought it safer to be in bed than anywhere else. I'm still not right, it's four hours since I started feeling the effects, but I mostly have control of my sight...
:biggrin: :thumbsup:

It's other worldy eh? Surprising how it can hit ya

I like very strong tinctures, and use the essence of 1 oz flower to fill a 1 fl oz tincture bottle:
(1) Decarb 1 oz herb @ 240 F for 40 minutes. Ardent Lift/Nova works well for this.
(2) Grind to fine powder for a medicinal tincture (break into pieces for a recreational tincture).
(3) Soak in 1 cup 190 proof everclear for hours, days, or weeks with frequent shaking (use freezer cold everything and fast rinses for a recreational tincture).
I soak for 2 days at room temp on a continuously running stirrer hot plate. Magical Butter Machine is also good for this.
(4) Let the sediment settle (about 30 min or so), then filter thru coffee filters. Graduated cylinders are excellent for doing this.
(5) Add 1/2 cup more alcohol to the remaining sludge, shake vigorously, let settle, and strain into the previously strained liquid.
(6) Repeat step (5) with 1/4 cup alcohol. This 3rd soak should pick up almost all the medicine.
(7) Reduce the alcohol volume to 30 mL (careful boiling with good ventilation, or evaporation), and put into a tincture bottle. Green Oil Machine alcohol distiller clone from walmart works well for this.
All of the alcohol can be removed, and replaced with 30 mL of any oil to create an oil tincture. (easier said than done)

The strength for good 15% thc herb in a 1000 drop tincture bottle will be
Potency = (0.15)*(28,000 mg)/(1000 drop) = 4.2 mg/drop
A size 00 cap can hold about 30 drops of this, or about 120 mg thc.

I suspect without proof that alcohol tinctures are better absorbed sublingually, but burn like hell.
I like to make both oil and alcohol tinctures, but prefer oil.
There is no need for any infusion into anything else, and either alcohol or oil tincture is well absorbed by the body.

How are your final opinions on your first experience with tincture? Strong enough for ya? See why I am adamant about warning folks about the intensity? Thinking about trying a higher dose?(you took 1 ml correct?) What do you think about the effects versus the amount of canna used to make it?

How are your final opinions on your first experience with tincture? Strong enough for ya? See why I am adamant about warning folks about the intensity? Thinking about trying a higher dose?(you took 1 ml correct?) What do you think about the effects versus the amount of canna used to make it?
No I didn't take 1ml. I don't know how much I took, it wouldn't all fit in the bottle and I'd counted 42 pipettes worth into the bottle (there was 45 or 46ml in the beaker after filtering). It was probably around 3ml that I took. I wouldn't try that again, next time I'd probably try half a ml. No-one else in the house seems interested in trying it so it may be all a wasted effort anyway.

Bear in mind I neither smoke nor vape. I still feel fuzzy headed after 20 hours. I found it a heavy body stone with some elements of out of control conscious thought. Some of the time I wasn't sure if I was thinking or dreaming. I should have had my fitbit on to monitor if I actually was asleep but I didn't think of it. I wouldn't class it as a pleasant experience, especially not being able to get rid of the taste out of my mouth.

From the Dinafem website: Thanks to her Indica dominance, the high this hybrid delivers is more physically relaxing than cerebral, very potent and long-lasting. The perfect strain for unwinding after a long day that, in combination with a dim light and a massage with almond oils, can turn your evening into a unique sensory experience.

That explains the extremely erotic dream I had anyway.

Elle's notes: Blue Critical has the potential, with careful dosing, of vastly increased libido.

Back