Tincture Thread

I just finished making my second tincture with Big Bang. My first was made from about an ounce of Dark Devil that didn't grow real well so I just used it all for the tincture.
My process-
Finely ground on parchment paper on cookie sheet
Bake at 210/215 for 70-80 minutes or till it looks and feels right
Into a mason jar filled just over the material with Everclear
First batch I only let sit for one week, shaking at least once a day, second batch I did the same for 2 weeks
Strained through a cheese cloth then through a coffee filter
That's it

I made over 500 gummy's with the first batch and gave most to friends. 2-4 gummy's seemed to do the trick. I haven't made anything with the Big Bang batch yet but I have tested it with a dropper and it's definitely more potent. Not sure if the extra week of sitting or just the use of better plant is the reason.

It's fun to make though, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

Update: my honey tincture still tastes pretty horrible LOL. I got a drop on my finger when I was decanting it to a dropper bottle so I licked it. I can still taste the alcohol but not as strongly, and there's a definite plant/chlorophyll taste as well. Not very pleasant.

I definitely need to try again once I have more weed ready. I've ordered a proper jam thermometer as heating the mixture killed my digital one (it melted).

Things I have already learned:
1) You can decarb in a roasting bag to keep the smell in.
2) You need to use a reliable thermometer when heating it.
3) (Elle-specific) Go straight for a honey tincture. Root's instructions are easy peasy.
4) Don't do or take anything unmeasured.

I don't have any days until Sunday to test it, as I need to make sure I'm safe to drive for each one until then. Hopefully now I've tried a drop of the honey tinc it'll reduce my fear levels a bit. Serves me right, I know, but doesn't help anyone else!

Last edited:
I followed the honey recipe and took over a week for alcohol to go. Then 1ml I could function and drive, lot less anxious and pain relief. 2ml I get munchies and sleep for 10 hours lol. Also if you smoke after taking, the high can be very heightened.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Every night at 2200hrs., I ingest a six oz. cup of yogurt into which I mix 2 ml tinc and 1/2 gr. decarbed bud. No more insomnia, sleep apnea, depression, no 4-6 trips to bathroom every night, no more joint pain and muscle aches. I have not slept better or woke up so relaxed and with such a sense of well being. Ever. Cannabinoid pharmacology will be huge. Now forget about dreams, not gonna happen. This is a deep sleep, not REM. This is why it can help with PTSD related nightmares. How it helps stabilize breathing to mitigate the sleep apnea, I can't say, but the fifth wife let me back in the bedroom 'cause no more snoring!

Attachments

• DSCN0086.JPG
    DSCN0086.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN0091.JPG
    DSCN0091.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN0093.JPG
    DSCN0093.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCN0502.JPG
    DSCN0502.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN0525.JPG
    DSCN0525.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 204
  • FSCN0097.JPG
    FSCN0097.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN0113.JPG
    DSCN0113.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 184
Every night at 2200hrs., I ingest a six oz. cup of yogurt into which I mix 2 ml tinc and 1/2 gr. decarbed bud. No more insomnia, sleep apnea, depression, no 4-6 trips to bathroom every night, no more joint pain and muscle aches. I have not slept better or woke up so relaxed and with such a sense of well being. Ever. Cannabinoid pharmacology will be huge. Now forget about dreams, not gonna happen. This is a deep sleep, not REM. This is why it can help with PTSD related nightmares. How it helps stabilize breathing to mitigate the sleep apnea, I can't say, but the fifth wife let me back in the bedroom 'cause no more snoring!
Good Man

@archie gemmill just did that with interesting results.
I’m thinking of making “Tramps Tincture”....
Basicaly.....
Cleaning the grinder with Poitín.

I just decarboxylase a whole troubled plant - leaves, buds, stems and all. Then slow cooked in coconut oil for 4 hours. Then strained it out. Man is that stuff strong.

I just decarboxylase a whole troubled plant - leaves, buds, stems and all. Then slow cooked in coconut oil for 4 hours. Then strained it out. Man is that stuff strong.

Do you add any lecithin in with that?
I can’t even remember why I add this into mine now,but I do remember being told not to skip it.

Back