TLO: For dummies, from a dummy.

You have to keep your eyes open, and that doesn't just apply to MG products. There are several compost companies I know of (Espoma, and MG, etc) that sell an Organic soil and Organic mix. It's not the same thing. In most cases, you will want the mix, not the soil. Like everybody else, I'm not big on any of the MG stuff either. :peace:

If you are looking for a bargain go to your grow shop and look for ripped bags...mine sells them to me for half the price..So I get to test things that would seem to me to cost too much.:smokebuds:

Great advice doobie! I've managed to get my hands on some great soil amendments that were outdated or damaged.

Don't get me wrong Bad at user names, I'm on a budget and cheap as hell. I used miracle grow organic soil on my first grow and it was a fucking nightmare. I had splinters in my hands every time I tended to the plants and the soil has nothing but nitrogen in it the last time I checked the labels. For the same price range or a tad more I'd go with the black gold organics mix. They use peat instead of bark fines and come packed with worm castings already. It's actually a great bargain base soil to start with, but you have to add everything else yourself.

Here's the trick, invest heavy in the beginning with a superior potting soil and amendments. That way you already have a diverse supply of goodies in your soil when you go to re-use it, and I do highly suggest re-using it. That way you don't have to buy more soil and have a banging mix off the bat. You can do things on a budget, but don't half ass it.

miraculous flowers should be used and only used on flowers that u can't eat or smoke
Its the commercial croppers that destroyed the world as it is today. .
Ur week will taste like crap !!!
I mean ur Auto will taste like Fertlized crap ..!
TLO all day way ..

Honestly the bags of soils ur spending money on can be made by simple Peat and Coco ..
Just add poops ..
Let them be eating by a Good Micro
And blend when it's needed ..
Works here!!

Egg Shells ..are the easiest accessible in TLO ..

A question I've always wanted to ask?.
As your composting..Ive been reading that those more dense it is as its being cooked that adding perlite isn't necessary
So if you add in a base bag soil that has perlite in it ..a huge benfit

When I read and got all the info from the supersoil registration.
I mixed all poops and greensand and oystershells and some rock additives...
Let those sit with 2 types of coco ..
and alot of EWC..

Than add perlite at potting.!!!.
Amen its a Bad ass Grow ..
It does seem to be hella easier ..hardly even checked the Ph ..
After 3-5 watering I wasn't even worried ..

my tlo mix

I started my TLO mix today The mix includes Epsoma Potting Mix, Chicken Shit:D:, Kelp Meal, Greensand, Blood & Bone Meal, Crab Shells. I'm growing one girl at a time so I'm mixing in a 5 gallon bucket, I went 50/50 on the potting mix & manure, is that a good mixture? Then added one and a half handfuls (I have small hands) of the rest of the amendments. All the stores here sell Dolomite in 40 lb bags only, waaaay more than I need. I found garden lime in smaller bags but didnt buy it til I checked in here. I havent found any guanos here I guess that'll be on the internet. How do u pronounce "guano" anyway:shrug:? On a limited budget is there a guano u would recommend I buy 1st & 2nd? Thanks for the help folks much good karma to all:karma Cloud::peace:-mike

Peruvian bat guano or sea bird..green sand ,and d Lime is needed..have you let it cook? also add some myco to give it a boost in eating all that food.I love the epsoma.Should be good really as long as you cook it a 35-40days before use!did you add extra perlite?50/50 soil/plite:smokebuds:

I found garden lime in smaller bags but didnt buy it til I checked in here.
The "Garden Lime" I've seen in the box stores is dolomite... check the mineral make-up on the label. I get mine at HD. :peace:

Back