TLO: For dummies, from a dummy.

X

Comfortably Numb
Reaction score
Based on the PM's I'm getting lately, the interest in growing organically is on the rise.

It's obvious, if you read the threads, there is quite a bit of confusion on the issue. I'm going to break this up in a few/several posts, so the volume per post stays reasonable.

First, I'd like to thank DIRT, my original inspiration when I saw his grow results... and LEVER 3K, for his help when I was getting started... both, world class.

TLO is organic, but organic is not necessarily TLO. There are just a few basic reasons I use TLO:

• I hate trying to fix grow problems and I hate trying to get the right nute schedule/combination/strength that is ideal for different pheno's and strains.
  • I like clean, tasteful herb that doesn't make me cough.
  • I'm lazy.
  • I have limited financial resources.

(Emphasis on the last two. :D )

TLO will give me this... bagged mixes and bottled ferts will not, organic or not. (I'm not being critical of the method. Just pointing to differences between the two methods.)

To get started with TLO we need to understand what it is. Remember, this is from me (dummy) so, if you had to know the science behind the different amendments, I couldn't do it, seriously.

When I say "understand it" I simply mean the concept of growing microbes instead of plants. I put lot's of amendments in my TLO, though I started (which anyone who is currently growing can do) with a basic mix similar to the recipe LEVER 3K posted on the " TLO recipes" thread.

When I put an amendment in my mix, it is strictly to improve/ensure the health of my microbes. Like humans, microbes need a well balanced diet... carbs, proteins, minerals, etc. I make sure there is enough food and water (moisture) in there for my microbes to eat at will so there are always plenty of exudes (microbe poop) for my plants to eat absolutely anything they're hungry for, any time they want it, with plenty of leftovers. :D

That's enough for this post. I'll try to add more at least once a day until I feel like we've covered it sufficiently. I am happy to answer questions but, unless you need to know right now, I'd appreciate keeping it to a dull roar for now, because it will probably be covered later anyway. :peace:

Last edited:
Not to be a stickler...True Living Organics. :thumbs::D

Doesn't matter though...that's just what "The Rev" called it...there's a great book by the same name by him. :thumbs: The principles are what's important...feeding that micro-herd as you said...:bow:

Your results speak for themselves...this will be a cool thread packed with great info. :pop:

Easy chair pulled up for this thread :check:

Memory bank plugged in, hey where is my memory at ? :D

Thanks brother for putting in the time to help us out on TLOs. :thumbs:

:grat:

Last edited by a moderator:
True Living Organics.
I think that's the first time I actually got two of the three words right... :lol: This is indicative of my usual failure to give much consideration to "details". I have been told and/or read the definition more times than I can remember. :D

Back