Grow Mediums Troubleshooting the Autovalve

Done as promised, thanks again for the suggestion.
My edit seems to have disappeared in spite of the site saying that it was done. I'll try again.

Hi there I am new to this site I am turning for urgent advice

I have 8 xl auto pot modules

Now every single pot is overflowing.....
I have cleaned each module and turned the valves upside down, cleaned and reset them

Still the pots are flooding and going everywhere

Now I have turned the tap toa. Quarter and it seems to be OK.... But as soon as I turn the taps full the room is flooded... Is this because the water is dispersing to fast and to much or is it a valve/seal problem?

Hope I can get help off somebody thank you very much.

I have cleaned each module and turned the valves upside down, cleaned and reset them

Now I have turned the tap toa. Quarter and it seems to be OK.... But as soon as I turn the taps full the room is flooded... Is this because the water is dispersing to fast and to much or is it a valve/seal problem?

Check the first post in the thread here it will show you the floats and how to troubleshoot steps also big thanks to @Olderfart

Check the first post in the thread here it will show you the floats and how to troubleshoot steps also big thanks to @Olderfart
Thanks for the feedback @St. Tom, it is nice to see that this guide is still being used. It is a long read, but can be helpful. The operating design of the Autovalve is surprisingly subtle, and can be confusing to newcomers. Happy growing mate. :pighug:

Sorry I missed this, I don't check this thread often, and did not know you were trying to get sorted. @St. Tom spoke up though, so you should be good to go. Your problem is that the flood valves inside the cover are not sealing. The silicone seals are missing, mis-aligned, or dirty. Given that all of your trays are flooding, missing seals, or serious contamination with debris is the most likely issue. Good luck with it, tag me if you need more help. :pighug:

I'm about to invest in autopots and would avoid anything gritty. RAW makes a powdered silica and it mixes well, but not 100%, and that I believe would be enough to wreak havoc on those tiny silicone inserts. Now I have to decide if I'm going to go soil or coco for my first run!

I'm about to invest in autopots and would avoid anything gritty. RAW makes a powdered silica and it mixes well, but not 100%, and that I believe would be enough to wreak havoc on those tiny silicone inserts. Now I have to decide if I'm going to go soil or coco for my first run!
for silica, you might be better off with liquid, GH makes one that works well. :goodluck:

Back