Uh, i made seeds. Now i have some questions

Cliff-notes ver…
I did a 6 bean pheno hunt of sorts.. one turned out to be a male. (He was beautiful looking back)
As it was my first run of regs, i missed the signs (plus 6 beans (1 gal) was way full tent action!)
So when I noticed it was for sure male over Christmas wknd…it dropped pollen cpl days at minimum before u could call Kull the conqueror.
and of course he was at the back of the tent so getting him out.. i just felt I was bound to be a Seed-poppa soon.

i am wonder/asking for tips tricks, sage advice..

1 i was going to give some samples to the homies, but now that i know they are seeded potentially heavily, i kinda want to see if they are viable and keep my own stash, albeit MUCH sooner than i had planned on the seed hobby.

2 i have heard that if its seeded, its pretty much seed stock and or extracts cause the seeds make up so much mass..aint much to smoke on.. any truths in there?

3 storage best practice? What do you all do for storage Container suggestions ?

I am nearing my full on Trim Jail sentence soon, they are about dried enough to trim.

Any breeder/seed makers with tips and insights, im all ears (well eyes n type, but you know interwebs) !

thanks and happy growing adventures.

@NastyN8t
when you say you freeze for two days to “sim frost” …
do you freeze them and then thaw after two days (48hrs) and THEN wait for 4 weeks to plant them? (Drying them in the rice?)
many thanks boss.

It's 4 weeks from the day u harvest them or the plants then freeze at any point after they are good and dry.ive done it w out freezing and just wait the 4 weeks but I have some treated w the freezer/thaw 5 years ago that's still pop 90%+

I've had some of my breeding isolation chambers get knocked open and seed the crop. Once u see early orange pistils it's 5weeks to grow good beans . I usually let the ladies go until they have 1 foot in the grave to make sure all the seeds come out gorgeous but I grow seeds on purpose .

Thanks again N8 my new Gro-M8!

of course ive had some crazy thoughts on this whole seed odyssey.. here are a few thoughts before i stop here and merge this into my blog (as sad as my blog cred is … i digress..)

1 Holy Shit I have 5-F1 lines i can possibly play with…
2 since it was a one-male ‘open pollination’ essentially [with me, mr novice grower-skill applying ‘mans hand’ to this process somewhat, haha] ill collect what i will consider my custom ‘Landrace batch’ of seeds as a backup ‘Grab Bag Packs’ of sorts and have the King-Blizzard legacy stock with potential to hybridize the “Landrace Batch”. Well i can dream. I have the seedstock potentially now. Light years worth of grows ahead of sched..(kinda crazy, but this lemonade ive made outta my mystery male situation taste pretty good so far)

Ill just wait out the 4ish plus weeks n store them with my other stock and hope for the best when i go to pop them! Good to know though and thanks for the clarification.

2CBEB1F8-8CEF-4BF3-80F6-D0C0A3810BE1.jpeg

A preview of the possibilities!
ill update my blog soon here… and detail how this Birds Bees Flowers n Trees went down.

7388FCB5-B146-4D08-A2BC-28538425CDC3.jpeg

okay this will be the last (hopefully, lol)

Two of these are my babies in the making. I saw a bean that im like… This will be the FIRST F1 i run, it was just stunning; and one of the Island Chill seeds. The biggest one I saw early on… looked like a little grey watermelon tiger(ess). It was from the Exotic crosses so since they both were leaning Sativa (more my canabinoid rhythm) I popped the Guicy Banger F1 as well.
For the curious minds the other two are the last of my Miracrop. Stars (Grand Daddy Pluto cut x Shortier) and Peach Treaty (Georgia Pie cut x Shortier) a couple of his Fems i wanted to check out..

Back