Uh, i made seeds. Now i have some questions

Cliff-notes ver…
I did a 6 bean pheno hunt of sorts.. one turned out to be a male. (He was beautiful looking back)
As it was my first run of regs, i missed the signs (plus 6 beans (1 gal) was way full tent action!)
So when I noticed it was for sure male over Christmas wknd…it dropped pollen cpl days at minimum before u could call Kull the conqueror.
and of course he was at the back of the tent so getting him out.. i just felt I was bound to be a Seed-poppa soon.

i am wonder/asking for tips tricks, sage advice..

1 i was going to give some samples to the homies, but now that i know they are seeded potentially heavily, i kinda want to see if they are viable and keep my own stash, albeit MUCH sooner than i had planned on the seed hobby.

2 i have heard that if its seeded, its pretty much seed stock and or extracts cause the seeds make up so much mass..aint much to smoke on.. any truths in there?

3 storage best practice? What do you all do for storage Container suggestions ?

I am nearing my full on Trim Jail sentence soon, they are about dried enough to trim.

Any breeder/seed makers with tips and insights, im all ears (well eyes n type, but you know interwebs) !

thanks and happy growing adventures.

Pretty much all we used to smoke we had to pull the seeds out of years ago. Storage containers can be anything you can seal, pill bottles, film cannisters, zip lock bags.....I have a drawer in the fridge which is mine for seed storage.

Ok let’s do this

1. if your friends don’t mind seeds, it’ll still do the trick… prob less than unseeded
2. You’ll know when you start trimming…
3. Anything air tight. Lightproof isn’t necessary but helps. Fridge or cool dark dry place. If you order stuff online, keep desiccant packs and use them in the container as well.

I believe you’ll have enough seeds. One branch could yield hundreds. And they are regular, I assume… so you’ll have to research what you want to do now. Wether reversal for fem pollen to make fem seeds or continue pheno hunt is up to you…

Ok let’s do this

1. if your friends don’t mind seeds, it’ll still do the trick… prob less than unseeded
3. Anything air tight. Lightproof isn’t necessary but helps. Fridge or cool dark dry place. If you order stuff online, keep desiccant packs and use them in the container as well.

I believe you’ll have enough seeds. One branch could yield hundreds. And they are regular, I assume… so you’ll have to research what you want to do now. Wether reversal for fem pollen to make fem seeds or continue pheno hunt is up to you…

thanks for the swifty replies!
2 & 3: i found a couple in a ‘sample branch’ i snipped to see how close my trim sentence is.. she had a few seeds in that larfy bit, so i can only imagine..lol. And 3 I can pilfer some old Rx jars to start..
Ok let’s do this

i meant to quote Bill, but some how (the herbs) did JpKing twice..going to try some labeled ziplocks in a sealed vitamin bottle with some dessicants…
Pretty much all we used to smoke we had to pull the seeds out of years ago. Storage containers can be anything you can seal, pill bottles, film cannisters, zip lock bags.....I have a drawer in the fridge which is mine for seed storage.
Ok let’s do this

My next run will be all fems so this wont be an issue until next pheno hunt.

thanks again, i may be closer to my ‘seed making‘ goal, and this may just turn into a happy accident.

FWFW, he was a vigorous seedling and had a dreamy terp on the stem rub. Looking back I think the other 5 girls were picking up on it and one really outworked the other girls for his attention. in my vast lack of breeding knowledge, I am hopeful that if these seeds are indeed viable, that the crosses come out 1 so I can see what his imprint is on the females that got seeded. Very excited to see if he passed the terp and vigor on..And 2 if they are viable, i just crossed 5 cultivars and will have plenty seed stock to mess around with.. there could be some potential nova in there.. im really excited and hopeful am on the right path to preserve this potential cross Terpapocalypse i may have created.

U can pick the seeds out w a tooth pick or needle by probing the buds . If it hits something hard work the pick behind or side of it and pop it out onto a catch tray.its a pain but leaves the buds fairly intact. If they have a hard shell w color they should be viable. I Dry the seeds in a bowl of rice or on paper plates then I throw them in the freezer for a few days to simulate a winter freeze after autumn. Some beans will pop right away but waiting 4 weeks ensures viability. What strains u mix up? Be careful, smoking weed isn't addictive but making beans can be

One very important tip I didn't see above is to properly label and most importantly DATE your seeds..not only would I right on the seed bag/container, but also write the name/date on a piece of paper and add put it in the bag/container...after years of making seeds I have bags where the names are almost unlegable from wearing off...good luck and I hope you enjoy your new beans.

U can pick the seeds out w a tooth pick or needle by probing the buds . If it hits something hard work the pick behind or side of it and pop it out onto a catch tray.its a pain but leaves the buds fairly intact. If they have a hard shell w color they should be viable. I Dry the seeds in a bowl of rice or on paper plates then I throw them in the freezer for a few days to simulate a winter freeze after autumn. Some beans will pop right away but waiting 4 weeks ensures viability. What strains u mix up? Be careful, smoking weed isn't addictive but making beans can be

thanks for the 411.
for the cultivars:
as i mentioned i did a 6-bean-pheno-hunt. 4 were a Miracrop drop and to compare i ran a cpl Exotic Mike beans.

In the Blue corner, weighing in at an impressive 4 Beans, known as Frosty McNosty on the youtubes its Miracrop:
Blizzard (Cold Dessert #4 x Sonic Boom)
Super Sport (Shortier x Sonic Boom)
Shot Caller (Eastside OG x Sonic Boom)
Pie Bomb (Cherry Pie x Sonic Boom) aka 420 Freebie..

versus

In the Red corner, a tried and true breeder of which I had ran a freebie from prev grow (Musty Buffalo gro)
weighing in with a hefty 2 beans, a very recognized breeder known to most simply as ’Exotic Mike’ its Exotic Genetics:
Guicy Banger (The Guice x Mint Choc Chip)
Island Chill (Mint Choc Chip x Tina)

i will detail more when i get around to updating my blog.

and thanks again!

spoiler alert King Blizzard was my beautiful man. May his terp and vigor live on.

Oh and for names..
Blizzard x Super Sport = Super Splizzard
Blizzard x Shot Caller = FrostBite
Blizzard x Pie Bomb = Polar Vortex
Blizzard x Guicy Banger = G-String
Blizzard x Island Chill = ExoticFrost

those are wat ill pitch to him anyhow…

One very important tip I didn't see above is to properly label and most importantly DATE your seeds..not only would I right on the seed bag/container, but also write the name/date on a piece of paper and add put it in the bag/container...after years of making seeds I have bags where the names are almost unlegable from wearing off...good luck and I hope you enjoy your new beans.
Funny younshould say this,
i was inspecting my harvest tags, the original tags i labeled on the front and dated on the back: like a good boy (or girl) should!
but on ‘the fix set’ i only labeled the front…Gah! [cant lie was a smidge soul crushed, but i know roughly when i popped them. It is a good fail to learn from] I also practice the paper back up… a wise bird told me basically “Label Lid and Jar” one could possibly mix the lid(s) if burping or sampling from multiple cultivars. I took note. one ca clip in the margin of the bag just above the ziplock so as not to puncture the bag.
I also had similar fade occur in my coffee life…resulting in a paper back up adaptation.

another spoiler alert. To explain ‘the fix set’
during my quest, i lost 3 beans from a tent vent I did not realize was not closed securely. Lost an Island Chill, Super Sport and a Shot Caller. Since the beans were regs, im like meh.. Ill just veg the other 3 OG plants longer … this was … noteworthy.

Thanks again!

theres a million ways to do it, but at the end of the day seperating seeds and dry sifting can be kinda the same activity. maybe better off trying to seperate your kief and seeds over spending a ton of time trimming?
I get that vibe the more I look at the Nugs..I def have seeds, just a matter of maturity/viability. Ill let the homies know ‘next grow’ when I run fems.. and chalk this up to a lesson in longevity and get my storage game up. If they are viable, I am set for the foreseeable future and potentially have some fire gems in lay! Much sooner than i had imagined, but im rolling with it.

Back