Uses for infused oil ...

Chester

Honey Hugger ...
Reaction score
I have a NOVA decarb unit. They recently sent out a tutorial on how to make infused oil using the machine … I'd like to make about 4 oz of oil and will probably use either a 1/4 or a 1/2 oz for flavor. I'm not a fan of brownies … are there any other suggested uses for the oil … ??

I have a NOVA decarb unit. They recently sent out a tutorial on how to make infused oil using the machine … I'd like to make about 4 oz of oil and will probably use either a 1/4 or a 1/2 oz for flavor. I'm not a fan of brownies … are there any other suggested uses for the oil … ??

I actually bought some of their new flavorings, but haven't tried them yet.
Ardent claims that putting a few grams of decarbed herb in a small glass bottle inside the machine, along with some oil, and then running Nova a second time will infuse the herb into the oil.
After straining, they claim 80% extraction efficiency, which is about as efficient as possible for strained oil.

I make lots of cookies, cracker sandwiches, and cannacaps after decarbing in Ardent Lift (clone of Nova) using efficient whole herb methods.
Also strained alcohol tinctures converted to oil, and then put into caps.
The cookies are very convenient to dose, and there is no taste that I notice.

If you have interest, I can give details, but feel free to ignore.

Not being much of a cook I'm hoping your cookies are from a mix. I've been wondering if it would be OK to put the decarbed weed and oil directly into the unit's tin cup rather than use a glass container in the cup. If so I can make a lot more each time rather than 3-4 oz of oil. I found a Baby Food jar that fits well but it only holds 4 oz of liquid.
Do you think it hurts to decarb properly stored weed that is 2-3 years old. Looking forward to your input @Simplicio

Being a recreational eejit im a big fan of tinctures.thc/cbn,d break down/converted over time even when stored perfectly,could be quite a sleepytime effect.

:pighug:

Well I now have 8 ozs of infused oil made from 1/2 oz of Gorilla Glue … I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil … any ideas for use of this oil would be appreciated … I think a normal dose for me would be 3-4 tsp but I can't imagine taking it straight from a spoon. @Simplicio

Not being much of a cook I'm hoping your cookies are from a mix. I've been wondering if it would be OK to put the decarbed weed and oil directly into the unit's tin cup rather than use a glass container in the cup. If so I can make a lot more each time rather than 3-4 oz of oil. I found a Baby Food jar that fits well but it only holds 4 oz of liquid.
Do you think it hurts to decarb properly stored weed that is 2-3 years old. Looking forward to your input @Simplicio

Sorry for the delay. I forgot to watch this thread, and just saw this.
I don't make infused oil first when making cookies.
I've done a lot of experimenting with oils, and the best recipe I've found so far is BrassNwood's from GrassCity.
I use vegan cookie recipes for chocolate (not chip) cookies and snickerdoodle cookies, but any recipe or box mix will work.

(0) Decide how many cookies you want, and how strong you want them. Each gram of good 15% thc herb will supply 150 mg thc. I like to put 1/4 g herb in each cookie, which is a bit less than 40 mg thc each. Friends I give them to might use only a fraction of 1 cookie.
(1) Decarb the herb @ 240 F for 40 min.
(2) Grind to fine powder.
(3) Combine herb, 50-100% as much lecithin liquid as herb, and the recipe oil (which can be any amount) into a heatable/freezable container.
(4) Quickly pre-heat mixture to 220 F on a stove top, then bake at that temp for 20 min.
(5) Freeze the mixture for a couple hours or so, then thaw.
This method leaves out the BrassNwood's second heating, also 220 F for 20 min, which is assumed to be done during the cookie baking process. Otherwise it's pretty much the same.
I make carefully weighed cookies in silicone molds, and try to keep the cookie baking time to about 10 min.

Whole herb does bother some stomachs, but using it is much more potent than using strained oils.
Depending on cookie size there might be slight herb taste, but 1/4 g herb in a 10 g cookie has little.

My recollection is that the half life of thc in air is a few years, so that old herb is potent, but probably has degraded some, maybe as much as 25%.

Last edited:
Back