Extraction Ardent Users: Your Recipe for MCT Oil???

Cerebral Goo

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Got an Ardent FX a little while ago and finally getting around to using it. Am looking for ratios for MCT Oil. As in How much weed/kief to how much oil. Got a couple of ratios from the fine peoples in Live Chat, but just trying to see what a larger sample size uses...Looking to make some really potent "Zombie" oil!

So far someone recommended: 1 oz weed to 1 cup oil

and 1/2 an oz to 5oz oil

Whats you ratio(s)

Thanks!!!

Shoot, can't believe this didn't get a single reply. I missed it too.

Ah well, we use 10g flower to 70g MCT. After infuse cycle I can typically get 50g of oil out after a quick strain with the french press. I do pull the plant material out and give it a good hand squeeze for the last few ml of oil. Do this part carefully or you get plant bits in the final oil.

Makes one batch of gummies, 80-90 square pieces, and per the tCheck they are all at about 4.5 mg each. I think the molds are 2.5g each. Not as much fun as other shapes but consistent. That KO's my patient pretty well. Goal is comfortable sleep and appetite stimulation.

I can post my gummy recipe if you would like? It's modified from another user on here. I unfortunately can't remember who.

Shoot, can't believe this didn't get a single reply. I missed it too.

Ah well, we use 10g flower to 70g MCT. After infuse cycle I can typically get 50g of oil out after a quick strain with the french press. I do pull the plant material out and give it a good hand squeeze for the last few ml of oil. Do this part carefully or you get plant bits in the final oil.

Makes one batch of gummies, 80-90 square pieces, and per the tCheck they are all at about 4.5 mg each. I think the molds are 2.5g each. Not as much fun as other shapes but consistent. That KO's my patient pretty well. Goal is comfortable sleep and appetite stimulation.

I can post my gummy recipe if you would like? It's modified from another user on here. I unfortunately can't remember who.
@DCLXVI could you post your recipe. I cannot seem to find the one from other user?!?! Please and thank you!!!

@Okie - I have been using a slightly modified version of the haribo clone recipe. Not as good but very easy and you can buy everything at the grocery store. I'll post my "lazy" recipe at the bottom. If you want a real good one? You should give this thread a look:

@GreenBean is the user I got the original recipe from. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Their method is top notch.

My "lazy" recipe has some shortcomings but it works. I think I worked off one of GreenBeans other posted recipes. Mine uses a very small amount of everything and does small batches. I have not tried the above link yet.

Shopping list:

Lecithin - Soy or sunflower oil, either is fine. Check the store for this first. I found caps in the vitamin section.
Citric Acid - I found mine at Target in the Mason Jar section, it's a powder.
Jello pack 3oz (the small box)
Plain gelatine ( I get packets, Knox is common. I use store brand)
Mio - any of the concentrated water flavorings
Corn Syrup - light
Gatorade/Powerade/flavored sugary drink (base liquid)

Try and match the flavors of your base liquid, powerade for example, to the jello and the flavored drink mix concentrate.

We use the Blue and Orange Powerade and Blue/Orange Jello a lot. Mio is just a common drink flavor mix I see here. Anything of that type will work. Orange Powerade, Jello, and I think Tangerine Mio are the easiest flavors to find consistently. I use "Berry" Mio with the "Blue" version. Play around with flavors. As long as they are similar or common combinations you should have good luck.

Recipe:

50g decarbed and infused MCT oil from the Ardent - I leave mine in a small glass
Half a small jello pack ~44/45g
Two gelatine packs ~15g ( if you don't find packs just add 15g)
7 lecithin capsules (5-7g if you buy oil instead of caps)
2.5g citric acid
7g "Mio"
30g corn syrup
100g Powerade

I put the following ingredients into a small pot on a scale. I found it easier to measure right into the pot than trying to transfer.

100g of Powerade
7g "Mio"
7 lecithin capsules
2.5g citric acid
30g corn syrup
2.5g citric acid

I put this on the stove and set it on low heat. I stir it a bit until I see the lecithin caps melt. Once that is mixed in I add the 50g MCT oil.

Once that is in I slowly add the 60g Jello/gelatin and stir until it is dissolved, then add a little more until done. Stir the whole mix gently for 3-5 minutes. I found it works best if the heat is just below the point where the jello boils and froths. Just a little is ok but try and keep it on that edge.

I heat a second pot of water that the first one can set in. Don't boil it. It can transfer a lot of heat and boil your mixture. You don't want this. The hot water bath is just to help keep the jello mix liquid until you get it all into the molds. I work alone so I need the extra time. Carefully transfer the molds to the fridge. I let mine sit overnight so I don't know how quickly you can pull them. Probably only need an hour or two. I pop mine out of the molds and set them on a plate to air dry and harden in the fridge. 3-4 hours seems good, then into a plastic storage container.

In the small square mold I have, this makes between 85-90 pieces of 2.5g gummies. I like the squares as I know they are all consistent amounts. The gummies are not temperature stable, they will melt in your hand. They need to live in the fridge. They will mold out of the fridge. Like I said, some shortcomings but quick, easy, and grocery store available ingredients. We find they last for 3-4 weeks before they dry and harden too much for my patient.

I do occasionally mess up a batch. I have found a couple places for errors to occur and as usual, you get better at it after doing it a few times. Let me know if you have question.

Okie

Thank you soooo much!!! Small batches are what I'm interested in. The gummies from the dispensary are inconsistent at best. Don't smoke any more, so infused oil and gummies are my go to means of consumption. This looks like an excellent starting point!!!

blue

Nice one! Top Post!
Hi @Okie
I don't smoke nor vape anymore, so I'm constantly seeking for new ways of uptake.
I did ethanol extraction for a while but in my place it's near impossible to buy some.
Then I got an Ardent FX and made some small batches of MCT tinctures too - just a dropper in my coffee and voilà !
But recently I learned about an ancient African way of making fermented cannabis : cobbing.
Easy to make and can be chewed and/or swallowed...
I think I'll give it a go with my next harvest !

Thanks for the reps @Okie !

If you're looking for consistency I can highly recommend the tCheck device. It is a little expensive but it allows you to test your infused oil so you know how potent it is. I know a couple other users here have one as well. You can test all sorts of things with it. Very handy to know how potent each piece will be.

Hi @Okie
I don't smoke nor vape anymore, so I'm constantly seeking for new ways of uptake.
I did ethanol extraction for a while but in my place it's near impossible to buy some.
Then I got an Ardent FX and made some small batches of MCT tinctures too - just a dropper in my coffee and voilà !
But recently I learned about an ancient African way of making fermented cannabis : cobbing.
Cobbing you say!! Interesting, I will definitely look into this. :d5::toke:
Thanks for the reps @Okie !

If you're looking for consistency I can highly recommend the tCheck device. It is a little expensive but it allows you to test your infused oil so you know how potent it is. I know a couple other users here have one as well. You can test all sorts of things with it. Very handy to know how potent each piece will be.

Absolutely want a tCheck. But my next purchase will be the POT by NOIDS. Looking to infuse hemp oil with CBD for health benefits. tCheck will for sure be next purchase on the list!!! Thanks again :headbang:

Cobbing you say!! Interesting, I will definitely look into this. :d5::toke:
Yes it's fascinating world, fermentation...
I will for sure experiment this particular curing, inspired by an African Malawi tradition.
Some years ago, pioneers experimented and adapted the method to be more practical.
Massive reps to these people for the discovery :toke:
I should start experimenting soon...

Hi @Okie
:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows::eyebrows: :eyebrows:

IMG_20230725_151210122.jpg
IMG_20230719_171747818.jpg

Back