Using microbes to 100%replace nutes

Dreminem169

Qualified Live Stoner
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
The future is fast approaching. My mind is blown. No more wasting countless hours throughout the season mixing up nutes. Applying microbes once at the time of planting with seed & they do the rest‼I can’t wait till this is perfected, hopefully it won’t break the bank :d5:

The future is fast approaching. My mind is blown. No more wasting countless hours throughout the season mixing up nutes. Applying microbes once at the time of planting with seed & they do the rest‼I can’t wait till this is perfected, hopefully it won’t break the bank :d5:

But it is only providing nitrogen, what about the other stuff? Potassium, phosphorous, etc.
Anyway with organic grows, microbes are providing the full spectrum a plant needs by breaking down organic material and soil particles.

I add compost around stems when I first see flower regardless of plant think the (tea) helps a bit on that regard. Do you microscope your soil to see how your organism base is

I add compost around stems when I first see flower regardless of plant think the (tea) helps a bit on that regard. Do you microscope your soil to see how your organism base is
No, I live out in the boondocks and there are so many decaying things and critter shit around I'm not worried about the microbe count. I imagine one cow patty that's been sitting in the field for a week has all the microbes needed and I use several of them in the soil.

But it is only providing nitrogen, what about the other stuff? Potassium, phosphorous, etc.
Anyway with organic grows, microbes are providing the full spectrum a plant needs by breaking down organic material and soil particles.
I already know for a fact that they have certain microbes that target P (Mammoth P) I’m sure there are some for K & micros as well. Just have to perfect the science & somehow put them all together. Makes me want to go into biology.
Yea compost has a variety of great microbes. Haven’t learned to scope yet, but I would love to take a class to learn how

This is what they call no till or organic growing.. Organic growers don't use nutes, they let the soil do all the work..

John Kempf & Advancing Eco Agriculture have been doing this on scale for quite a while. I’ve learned a lot from John & from a neighbor’s farm who uses John & AEA.
Mr. Kemp is brilliant & productive.

This is what they call no till or organic growing.. Organic growers don't use nutes, they let the soil do all the work..
oh, I must have misread. I thought this was different cuz I have to reinoculate my living soil pretty frequently with fresh worm castings (great for diversity), recharge, & mammoth p otherwise I start seeing deficiencies.

I saw that you just apply this once at the time of the planting & It’ll get you all the way to harvest. Guess that’s where I got confused. Maybe it’s cuz I grow in smaller pots that I have to keep reinoculating, don’t know for sure though

Last edited:
oh, I must have misread. I thought this was different cuz I have to reinoculate my living soil pretty frequently with fresh worm castings (great for diversity), recharge, & mammoth p otherwise I start seeing deficiencies.

I saw that you just apply this once at the time of the planting & It’ll get you all the way to harvest. Guess that’s where I got confused. Maybe it’s cuz I grow in smaller pots that I have to keep reinoculating, don’t know for sure though
That is a major factor as to why you see deficiencies. As well as your starting soil... Living soils/organic grows are done in a minimum of 10-15 gallon pots. Smaller the pot sizes mean more maintenance. You can't really grow in a 5 gallon pot and not expect to feed or top dress at some point.

Be weary of snake oil sales tactics that promise things.. It's never that easy. You can add all the microbes a company has for sale... But if you feeding those microbes and keeping their environment (Soil) in the ideal condition, those microbes will all die and you'll end up needing to feed with bottled nutes or by top dressing.

Correct everything in moderation when it comes to living soil...can turn good soil to acid really fast imo.

Back