Veg to bloom Nutrients, is it a myth ?!

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
True og
So I didn't see this question on here and I am sure there are many threads. I am trying to figure out the search function on here some times I don't get hits I am searching for. Anyways I was watching a few youtube videos of professional breeders/growers. A few said they do not switch nutes and its just BS. They use the same nutrients through the whole grow. I want to say this was Jungle boys saying this. The owner said it was a marketing scheme and gimmick.

The first grow I did , I used the same fertilizer and I didn't flush. I got some decent buds on the plant. ( I dwarfed it so the yield was low )

So what is the deal with this ? why is there a need to switch nutrients ? would feeding same nutes get same results ?

It partly depends on your style. The plant will mostly only take what it wants, and we all waste a good deal of nutes. It's also true that pumping them full of sugars and organic acids and stuff can lead to beefier plants. The only way you will really know is to test it out, grow one with fancy soil scientist and biologist approved super nute schedule, and grow one with basic nutes, and see what you get.

Since getting back in and being used to the indoor photos, growing autos I don't feel the need to use veg nutes. I have the veg but will be pretty much just running FloraNova bloom all the way with other toppers as needed! 13part fert systems shit me and I'm yet to see one be worth my time. Proper base nutes, water and attention to detail. Rinse and repeat a few times and you can't go wrong.

Since getting into growing again I decided to go with the masterblend tomato formula mixed with calnit and Epsom, working fine so far. It's cheap, I'm cheap, it seemed a no brainer.

Flipping to flower in a week, maybe it'll all go to hell then but I've seen others say it was fine all the way through. I'll probably cut the calcium nitrate in half for the recipe for the last month of bloom.

I'll report back if the plants explode or something else happens from feeding them on the cheap but so far they seem happy to eat my 3 cents or whatever it is per gallon soup.

Since getting into growing again I decided to go with the masterblend tomato formula mixed with calnit and Epsom, working fine so far. It's cheap, I'm cheap, it seemed a no brainer.

Flipping to flower in a week, maybe it'll all go to hell then but I've seen others say it was fine all the way through. I'll probably cut the calcium nitrate in half for the recipe for the last month of bloom.

I'll report back if the plants explode or something else happens from feeding them on the cheap but so far they seem happy to eat my 3 cents or whatever it is per gallon soup.

It should be all fine. The difference in yield for going all out with fancy nutes is likely about 10% for most growers and plants..... Is it worth the money and effort? I think it goes back to grow style. If you are after the biggest artisinal tasty monster bud you can grow than you are going to need bloom boosters. If you are a utility grower and need those meds, it really does not matter and you can save a ton on nutes without buying all the additives. I am down to two additives now. Hydroguard and Green Planet HeavyW8. I still have 100 bucks in stuff to add if I think I need to. I listen to the plant instead of the nute companies in other words.

This is a weird topic cause yes you do have to change or adjust the nutrients when they're in flower and if ur lazy like me all that means is you are changing from maxigro to maxibloom because the ratios are already there. But technically it is the same stuff just in different ratios. So I dunno if there is a right or wrong but more of a difference of interpretation and definition.

Ran into this fairly well written article. It does not list references, but has some good info. I use Massive, Heavyweight, and Finisher. he talks about those due to the hormones in it. After using hormones in a greenhouse I am sold on Gibberellins and TRIA.

https://bestseedbank.com/cannabis-bloom-boosters-fact-or-fiction/

Here’s my whole lineup. Is it the best no. Does it work yes, are their better growers than me yes. But I’m happy with the results and not changing anytime soon. I think people overthink things to much due to marketing and so many products. I’ll start some grow journals soon. But these suit my needs fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 504
Back