Indoor Water EC?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sucker Punch
Hello. The water from the tap is 0.75 ec after standing for 48 hours. I cant have a RO filter were i live.
Should i include this when making up feed? My last grow (Big devil xl) i was able to take it to 2.2 which would be 1.5 ish if you take the ec of the water off. I am thinking it should be taken off and a true 1.8 ec would be around 2.5 if you get my drift. But there is clearly already alot in the water and would this be to much?

Ec is on the high side from the tap dude yea, mines around 0.3 - 0.4
The truth is it doesnt matter what number you count as base as long as you stick to one method of measuring and recording.
I find it easy to just use the total ec

What is probably more important than background ec is what nutrients make up the ec.
Most likely is Ca and Mg making your water so hard so you might not need to use as much of a calmag suppliment as others.
It'll take a little trial and error adjusting your nutrient schedule to your water source.
If you struggle to keep stable ph then you might have to consider another water source

Ec is on the high side from the tap dude yea, mines around 0.3 - 0.4
The truth is it doesnt matter what number you count as base as long as you stick to one method of measuring and recording.
I find it easy to just use the total ec

What is probably more important than background ec is what nutrients make up the ec.
Most likely is Ca and Mg making your water so hard so you might not need to use as much of a calmag suppliment as others.
It'll take a little trial and error adjusting your nutrient schedule to your water source.
If you struggle to keep stable ph then you might have to consider another water source

Thanks man. I am 12 days in to a grow and worried about over feeding my little babys.

Just keep an eye on the new growth. Yellow tips on the leaves is nutrient burn.
If you see this shes getting a little too much feed

Back