New Grower Wedding glue, DIY light & box, arduino controlled, DWC, Canna aqua

Day 12
Day 12
06ABC79C-D06E-4A7D-8C25-7D9CEA7D847A.jpeg

Ph in range (5.8) EC increased to 1.0, but so far no negative effect. Water temp 25dg of celsius (77f). I will have to cool it few degreeds. I will try plastic bottles with ice. PPFD 800.

Last edited:
Day 14
Day 14 update

PPFD 900

everything goes well so far, growth is starting to accelerate. There is nothing to do.

Environment is controlled by arduino, in the reservoir there is enough nutrients for weeks, ph is being held by perfect ph.

In few day I will only check EC.

Water temp is same like last time, higher than it should be, but it doesnt do anything, so I will not do anything - I am lazy man. Maybe hydroguard or something simillar could make me feelig more comfortable, what do you think?

Good luck guys

4BBA18FB-0BA7-4A38-B2EA-6C8D808091D6.jpeg
90CE8FC7-0CC2-4BA0-9AF1-1F8E6A395F0D.jpeg
184837A8-7191-4722-B21B-92575312C0F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 21
Day 21

Hi, so far so good.

I added 1,5l(0.4gal) of distilled water to hold EC 1.0 and adjusted lights few times to hold ppfd in center part between 900-1000umol/m2/s.

Ph is stable between 5,7-6.2, checkef few times, yesterday it was 6.1

7BFC7B4F-7A1E-40FE-A43E-B7C95DAE1A57.jpeg
19C5A050-AC49-4EB4-8C85-82CC383FE6EE.jpeg
36C33336-C43D-4515-9304-5F15BD0CC81A.jpeg
A2BF8BAF-5DB8-4E73-BDB1-39DBB958E61D.jpeg

Attachments

• 23A153DA-3928-43F3-BA34-8C94316C1AA9.jpeg
    23A153DA-3928-43F3-BA34-8C94316C1AA9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 0D19A21F-C8E7-43F4-BA9A-DAFC262B82E0.jpeg
    0D19A21F-C8E7-43F4-BA9A-DAFC262B82E0.jpeg
    970.6 KB · Views: 14
  • F3EFC90E-1DB1-45D9-821D-64DCFF50F2E1.jpeg
    F3EFC90E-1DB1-45D9-821D-64DCFF50F2E1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 8EE8D1B0-79D3-4582-A221-16C574BDB773.jpeg
    8EE8D1B0-79D3-4582-A221-16C574BDB773.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
Healthy looking plant !

I'd like to tag along on this grow.

Your plant looks great.

A few thoughts and questions come to mind while reading your journal.

Your water temperature is high. At 77° the amount of dissolved oxygen has is lower than at 68° (about 10%) which is where "conventional wisdom" says to keep your res. The bigger issue is that root rot can set in at that a temperature and it will destroy your plant. Hydroguard will keep root rot at bay as will a product called "Orca". If you're not using one of those, or some other type of "beneficial batceria", I would start using one of those immediately.

My other thought is about the light level that you're using. You're keeping your light at 900 to 1000 µmols - are you using an 18/6 schedule? Also, why are using a PPFD that high?

Last edited:
Talonxracer: thank you and welcome here, glad to see you. Hope she will be healthy till the end.

Delps8: Thank you for your thoughts and questions, this is reason why I came here, to hear different opinions and ideas of other growers, really apreciete your time to write me here.

1) I found that res temp should be 65 to 71f (18-22celsius) - so simmilar values. Lower values can slow down growth because of temperature and higher can keep less DO and also makes good conditions for root rot etc…. My temperatures are higher so i can buy a chiller or try get ther everyday bottle with ice etc but i am lazy for both. My air intake is just at the reservoir so bigger plant will be, more time will be working my outtake fan and my reservoir will be colder. I also put a lot il air through my airstone to my reservoir and use cannyzym - this should immediately destroy any dead tissues - ideal conditions for bud rot etc. So far It looks like sufficient. But after i read your reply, I will start using some mycorhizae product with rtichoderma etc. Product you mentioned I didnt find in my european country. Do you have some experiences with piranha or tarrantula by Advanced nutrients - those i can buy here. My contrameasures work so my temp now is 73 f and keep slowly going down. But deffinitely those temperatures slowed down growth…

By the way, have you ever heared about nano/micro/ultrafine bubbles? I would live to try it!!!

2) Yes i am using 18h light schedule - i would like to try 20h as well but i will have to improve my arduino controlling unit - ad buttons and menu….

Why so much light - why not? I saw some lectures by dr Bugsbee and he told that cannabis can use a lot of light since it is very young. Enough light helps create compact plants. Also more light = more photosynthesis = more sugars for upcomming growth. I know this is true only to some point, but so far plant looks she likes it. How much light do you use in this age of your plants? I want to build next, bigger, chamber with ac, dehumidifier, co2 supplementation and try to get ppfd up to 1500!!!

I wil also perform no defoliation, binding etc, i will only take out small branches that dont grow up to cannopy, I dont like popcorn. So my main training method is collor and ammount of light…. Looking forward to see result

Last edited:
Delps8: Thank you for your thoughts and questions, this is reason why I came here, to hear different opinions and ideas of other growers, really apreciete your time to write me here.
This is a good site for that. There are a lot of very experienced growers here.

1) I found that res temp should be 65 to 71f (18-22celsius) - so simmilar values. Lower values can slow down growth because of temperature and higher can keep less DO and also makes good conditions for root rot etc…. My temperatures are higher so i can buy a chiller or try get ther everyday bottle with ice etc but i am lazy for both.

My air intake is just at the reservoir so bigger plant will be, more time will be working my outtake fan and my reservoir will be colder. I also put a lot il air through my airstone to my reservoir and use cannyzym - this should immediately destroy any dead tissues - ideal conditions for bud rot etc. So far It looks like sufficient. But after i read your reply, I will start using some mycorhizae product with rtichoderma etc. Product you mentioned I didnt find in my european country. Do you have some experiences with piranha or tarrantula by Advanced nutrients - those i can buy here. My contrameasures work so my temp now is 73 f and keep slowly going down. But deffinitely those temperatures slowed down growth…

By the way, have you ever heared about nano/micro/ultrafine bubbles? I would live to try it!!!

A chiller is very helpful is you're in a warm climate. What part of Europe?
The change in dissolved oxygen is about +8% to go from 25°C to 20°C and I've assumed that amount would have an impact on growth but, frankly, I haven't ready any research about that. My primary concern would be root rot.

I haven't used Piranha or Tarantula. I've seen growers here on AFN mention Advanced Nutrients you should be able to get an answer about what to use by posting in the "Nutrients & Additives" forum.

Re. ultrafine bubbles - that's new to me. I have used regular air stones in past grows and decided to use BubbleMac air diffusers for this grow. They produce very find bubbles but nothing like what YLEC is demonstrating. Have you seen their products used in agriculture?

2) Yes i am using 18h light schedule - i would like to try 20h as well but i will have to improve my arduino controlling unit - ad buttons and menu….
It never ends with version 1.0 - you know that, right? :)

Why so much light - why not? I saw some lectures by dr Bugsbee and he told that cannabis can use a lot of light since it is very young. Enough light helps create compact plants. Also more light = more photosynthesis = more sugars for upcomming growth. I know this is true only to some point, but so far plant looks she likes it. How much light do you use in this age of your plants? I want to build next, bigger, chamber with ac, dehumidifier, co2 supplementation and try to get ppfd up to 1500!!!
That's pretty much how I think about it now.

I started off with very low light levels, changed to a DLI of 25 mols for seedlings and 45 mols afterward, and now I take the approach to "get them to 900 µmols as soon as you can". Made that final change during this grow, which is about a week from harvest. I had two colas that were 940± µmols and they turned away from the light so I've dropped the power level so that the highest reading is ≈ 850 µmols.

I will be starting a grow in September and I will use high light levels throughout the grow. I think 400 is a good start point but will raise it from there.

I was listening to a Bugbee video (I've watched almost all of his videos) and he explained about increasing light levels. The example he gave was increasing from 300 to 1200 µmols. A lot of growers, in his words, will increase by 10% per day. As he explains, there's no reason to do that. A change of that magnitude is safe to make in just two days.

Re. compact plants - a plant that doesn't get much light will stretch so good lighting will avoid stretch but blue light is the easiest way to get "compact" plants. The internodal spacing on your plant is impressive. My previous grow had similar looking plants it resulted in a plant about 70 cm tall.

Did you notice the plant reaction in your day 10 pictures? That's an excellent example of light avoidance. You changed the light level, didn't you?

"I want to build next, bigger, chamber with ac, dehumidifier, co2 supplementation and try to get ppfd up to 1500!!!"
Great attitude!
There's a forum here for grow rooms - you might want to check that one out.

A big issue with high light levels - you have to make sure that the rest of the grow environment is running smoothly. Two quotes from the video I mentioned - "you don't have much margin for error" and "all the other things have to be co-optimized".

I wil also perform no defoliation, binding etc, i will only take out small branches that dont grow up to cannopy, I dont like popcorn. So my main training method is collor and ammount of light…. Looking forward to see result
Re. training - you've got a compact plant and your blue light will help keep the plant short. Unless you train the plant, however, you're going to have one large cola growing on the "apical stem". That gives a cannabis plant a "Christmas tree" shape and can make it hard to light the plant properly.

One way to avoid that is to top your plants but some growers prefer low stress training ("binding"?) so they bend the apical stem over. In either case, the secondary branches will grow larger. If you'd like to top your plant, today (day 21) is a good day to do so. I prefer to top my plants, which is "high stress training", rather than doing low stress training.

Oh no, i wrote wery long answer and while uploading it has lost, sekind of cookies error. I wil write it again but one part at a time.

Hi,

Nice to hear from you, lot of useful info!

A chiller is very helpful is you're in a warm climate. What part of Europe?

Midle europe, i know, but i I want to keep my grow as simple as possible…. Will see how everything behaves in new room. If there would be higher temp 1-2 months in a year thats no issue for me, as far as no root rot..

Re. ultrafine bubbles - that's new to me. I have used regular air stones in past grows and decided to use BubbleMac air diffusers for this grow. They produce very find bubbles but nothing like what YLEC is demonstrating. Have you seen their products used in agriculture?

I have seen some numbers by manufacturers of electrolysis based machine to increase DO, but I didnt like this way. Especialy the fact that as well as oxygen, that produces hydrogen. I dont want to have same fate as Hindenburg hydrogen inflated airship.

It never ends with version 1.0 - you know that, right?

Current version is 1.4 :). I had a problem. Last grow cca 14days to harvest it has frozen. Let to light on, but didnt work display and fan control. My flower was about 10 hours in very high temperature and died. Dont kniw what happened, simple restart solved it, since then it is ok. I bough arduino compatible professional “Controllino” hope to have time to make new version in 3 weeks.

Back