Seed Stockers MedGrower does Seed Stockers - Northern Lights DWC Telos0008

MedGrower

That hydrodude again
Reaction score
Hello all! I was thinking it would be finally a time to give these babies a go and do a decent grow journal about my experiences, after my unfortunate forced break due to my security situation. And as I got back into this forum I notice to my surprise that there are some Growing competitions starting as of today. Ofcourse I have to throw my hat into the ring and grow some Seed Stockers Northern Lights with my DIY build I did with the advice of this lovely community. Thanks guys it has been very efficient light indeed! :cheers:

My setup is as follows:

Grow space:
60cm x 120cm x 200cm (DxWxH) = 0,72 m2

Lights:

DIY COB Growlight, (4x Citizen 1212 4000K running at 200w, dimmable to 100w)

Reservoir:
Old GHE aeroponic system tank modified to be just DWC tank. I use 2" trays and 9.6 lpm airpump with 4 airstones.

Nutrient line-up:
Remo Nutrients (Micro, Grow, Bloom, MagNifiCal, VeloKelp, AstroFlower & Nature's Candy
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice (Beneficial bacteria product)
Canna Cannazyme (Enzymeproduct to help keep the roots clean)

Air movement:
Carbon filter and exaust fan (280m3/h)
Oscillating fan

Today I took out two seeds of Norhern Lights -variety, prepared two 2" trays with rockwool and soaked them first in pH 5.5 water for an hour and then switched them to soak in 6.2pH water with Remo Nutrients VeloKelp applied to it 1ml per litre. After this I simply put the seeds into the cubes and placed them on the cupboard above my fridge to germinate in a good warm temperature. This is how I've started to do germination these days because how simple it really is. Most of the time good fresh seeds germinate and pop up typically in 3 days with this method.

I give both germinated seeds couple weeks before I nominate the better one and take out the other one since... there can be only one! :amazon:

I plant to update this growlog at minimum of once a week and provide all the details of the conditions, feed, EC, pH, RH and such along with my commentary, as usual. I hope you enjoy the ride! :welcome:

Here's the COB I am using:
led-bottom01-jpg.679947

Germination begins:
NL germination01.JPG

Last edited:
Hay bro tagging along for the ride, just started a NL myself.

Im in for this one! Now you have put some pressure on me. Im doing these aswell in dwc.
Good luck with the grow!

Thanks guys! Don't be worried, I am tagging along for fun and with max 200w and rather limited cabinet size I dont think I will seriously match some of the monster tamers here. Glad to have you around! I need to try to find time to appriciate your grow-ops too when ever I have some time away from my work. Cheers!

Good luck and happy growing! I looking forward to see these grown out and nice lights, did you make them yourself?

Thank you and you as well! Yeah I made this light myself with a lot of help from this lovely community. Funny thing I haven't ever soldered anything but maybe some electric cords and first real connection I made was to COB's. Seems to work even with a lousy solder work by a total noob :toke:

Always subbed for a @MedGrower grow.
Great to see you back up and running brother!

Thank you @sanguine that made me feel nice! Glad to be back at the game and with kind friendly people such as yourself. You know I will keep on growing until the day I die anyway, and even after that I'll be pushing flower I guess :greenthumb:

DAY 01

EC 0.4
pH 6.2

28 litres of solution in the reservoir with following feed:
VeloKelp 2ml per litre

Other one of the two has now broken through the rockwool and showing up as nice healthy baby. I call this a day one for these contestants. I know some designate day one to be when they develop their first true leaves. I do it this way just because I am used to it. I see some green pushing through and that's day one in my books. :thumbsup:

Here are couple of photos:

NL Day 01.JPG

Shot of the growroom:
NL Day 01 growroom.JPG

Pulling up a chair, a joint and some popcorn! Lets go! :pass:

Those hooks in your bucket lid, for lst?

May I recommend some chocolade with the joint? I have found that popcorn and joint doesn't go as well together. Or more better, coffee, chocolade and joint? :baked:

Yeah I have done plenty of LST with this reservoir as you can see. I have a feeling they might come in handy even though I am not thinking of doing traditional LST this time.... ;)

Oh! And I got news: That other little seedling popped up last night. Took her long enough eh? I am going to propably do a little update with pics later tonight after work.

Back