Weird discolouration on 12 day old girl

@MrAutoGrower your plants look normal to me. Don't start chasing problems that do not exist. Do not let coco get dry - period. As long as you finish watering to 20% run-off by two hours prior to lights out your pots will not be too wet overnight. Make sure to have an air gap under the pots. I do not see trays to catch the run-off? Are you fertigating the coco correctly?

After the first set of true leaves are an inch or so long you can gradually turn the lights up over a few days to 42 DLI. Just think about it the sun does not have a dimmer switch. The plants can take it as long as the temp and RH are good at 78°F day 68°F night with RH>60% <75% for seedlings then >40%<60% as they mature.

They look okay, I’m not worried about them. I’m just wondering why the leaves are faded a little. It could be genetics.

I’m not feeding to run off every day yet because they’re in 12L pots and 12 days old. Correct me if I’m wrong, but feeding until run off in a larger pot when they’re still so small will just keep the roots wet and most likely cause root rott? I never let the coco get too dry. I just gave her an extra day without feed because she’s been drooping recently. She wasn’t drooping two days ago. So it looks like I’ve overwatered her recently. My temp and humidity is almost always in range. Yes I have catch trays, well... plant saucers. And oven trays to keep them out of any water.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts if you have anymore. Ty

I usually feed seedlings daily to run off in solo cups but because I planted into a 12L pot this time around, and I presoaked my medium with plant start, I just let them hang in there until recently then I began fertigating every couple days. I haven’t fed today because I feel like I’m over watering

Last edited:
They look okay, I’m not worried about them. I’m just wondering why the leaves are faded a little. It could be genetics.

I’m not feeding to run off every day yet because they’re in 12L pots and 12 days old. Correct me if I’m wrong, but feeding until run off in a larger pot when they’re still so small will just keep the roots wet and most likely cause root rott? I never let the coco get too dry. I just gave her an extra day without feed because she’s been drooping recently. She wasn’t drooping two days ago. So it looks like I’ve overwatered her recently. My temp and humidity is almost always in range. Yes I have catch trays, well... plant saucers. And oven trays to keep them out of any water.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts if you have anymore. Ty

I usually feed seedlings daily to run off in solo cups but because I planted into a 12L pot this time around, and I presoaked my medium with plant start, I just let them hang in there until recently then I began fertigating every couple days. I haven’t fed today because I feel like I’m over watering
You do not need to fertigate coco every day when the plants are small but you must water the entire pot to 20% run-off any day that you do fertigate. It is all about keeping the cation exchange in the coco in equilibrium. If you only partially fertigate salt build up begins immediately. You almost cannot over water coco. The droop you are seeing is most likeley do to rapid growth as long as your VPD is in range with good air movement. Some strains also have a tendency to droop more than others. Drooping by itself is not a cause for concern. I had a Dinafem Cheese plant that drooped its entire life. The buzz was good and the yield normal. :shrug:

+1 on drooping. My CDLCx#BOG last winter was a drooper from square one until chop. I suspect that I did damage by trying to correct the "problem". I pretty much ignore drooping now unless I see other signs of problems.

But what do I know eh? :biggrin:

You do not need to fertigate coco every day when the plants are small but you must water the entire pot to 20% run-off any day that you do fertigate. It is all about keeping the cation exchange in the coco in equilibrium. If you only partially fertigate salt build up begins immediately. You almost cannot over water coco. The droop you are seeing is most likeley do to rapid growth as long as your VPD is in range with good air movement. Some strains also have a tendency to droop more than others. Drooping by itself is not a cause for concern. I had a Dinafem Cheese plant that drooped its entire life. The buzz was good and the yield normal. :shrug:

I taken your advice and decided to water again, and it’s got worse. So i believe it is unhappy from too much water remaining in the pot. Leaves look more wrinkly/bulging from water, and more droopy today. I also noticed my temps weren’t great during lights off so I’ve kept it on 24hr now.

B9AFD344-7389-4989-AA34-20BFD5B8E630.jpeg

I do lights off from 1pm-5pm for temp reasons. It provides a more temp stable environment. I have similar leaf characteristics, especially after lights off. I’ll provide pics this afternoon after lights come back on. while we have same strain, I am growing in soil.

I do lights off from 1pm-5pm for temp reasons. It provides a more temp stable environment. I have similar leaf characteristics, especially after lights off. I’ll provide pics this afternoon after lights come back on. while we have same strain, I am growing in soil.

me too - lights off from 12PM to 4PM to manage temp and humidity better. I have a custom built grow cabinet that is on my roof, so very much exposed to nature.

Don’t get me wrong lads, she is growing fast and well. So it tells me she is fairly happy. Just the droopiness... then again I also grew a purple haze before and she was droopy for months. SHe turned out small and airy buds but fuck was she full of crystals smell and flavour she was beautiful

Yellowing seems to be getting worse. Very odd. She is still growing very very fast though.

Any ideas what this is? I’m thinking possibly light bleaching from my led. Also looks like a magnesium deficiency. Unsure though. May feed again today until run off to make sure ph is ok

Attachments

• C22D07A2-E9E6-469B-923B-6ECA77B10E2A.jpeg
    C22D07A2-E9E6-469B-923B-6ECA77B10E2A.jpeg
    631.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Yellowing seems to be getting worse. Very odd. She is still growing very very fast though.

Any ideas what this is? I’m thinking possibly light bleaching from my led. Also looks like a magnesium deficiency. Unsure though. May feed again today until run off to make sure ph is ok

Yellowing at this age usually means underfed or PH lockout. Looks like not enough Nitrogen or Nitrogen being locked out to me.

LED bleaching usually only happens on buds that have grown too close to the light (they turn white) - my light is pretty powerful and less than 10 inches distance will do it.

Yellowing at this age usually means underfed or PH lockout. Looks like not enough Nitrogen or Nitrogen being locked out to me.

LED bleaching usually only happens on buds that have grown too close to the light (they turn white) - my light is pretty powerful and less than 10 inches distance will do it.

Yes mate, it does look like a ph issue. I haven’t fed them to run off yet because they’re small in big pots but I’ve just said fuck it and done it because it’s starting to look like a ph issue with that magnesium looking Deficency. Either that or it’s lacking nitrogen, but my feeds have been strong enough. I’ve never had this issue ever. I’ve fed until run off, and going to check the run off ph and ppms just to see if there is a much more noticeable difference in the ph. I think she will come out of it if I feed to run off every day now.

Fed her advanced nutrients coco bloom, and a little extra calmag. 6.0-6.1ph, 420 ppms. I never use calmag because when I do I feel it causes more problems for me, but we will see how she goes over the next few weeks. For something going wrong, she is strong man. She is growing real fast despite the issue. I’ve also noticed it on my stunted seedling, some spotting. No idea where it’s came from. I’ll be feeding her to run off too, just so I know the ph is essentially readjusted with ph perfect

Back