Weird discolouration on 12 day old girl

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Hi lads,

First of all I’d like to say this is not very important, but I am curious to what some of you more experienced growers think regarding this.

So I have a 3Wok in a 3gal pot. She is getting 0.5ml of AN Sensi coco bloom. Around 1L recently every few days. I’m not feeding every day yet, because my pots are drying out slowly. Especially my pots in canna coco Professional Plus (no perlite). Ph is around 5.9-6.0. Ppms around 345. My girls are receiving around 200-230 PPFD right now. I dialed it back in case they were stunted from too much light at their seedling stage. My water ppm is around 65 tops. There doesn’t appear to be calcium or magnesium in my water. So I did add a tiny amount of calmag to my base feed.

Anyways so my question is, have any of you seen this happen before? My 3Wok seems to be a tad yellowish if you look closely. She also has something weird going on at the end of two of her leaves. Like a dent. I can press it in and it will pop in, and I can also pop it out as weird as it sounds loool. She has been dropping for like three days now. I’m assuming it’s over watered. But based on using coco and it being hard to over water, I am a little confused as to what is happening. I have two other girls that are stunted also. I usually germinate in solo cups so it takes the guess work out, but now I regret that I did not do that this time.

E0EB5217-7311-4473-A0B1-7EEC47A222C0.jpeg

Last edited:
@St. Tom hope you don’t mind the tag bro. Have u ever seen anything like this? She seems to be growing a new node like every day or two, so I’m not overly concerned. Would just like to know what’s going on

I have a 3wok going in soil that is a few days behind yours. I’m giving her 600+ ppfd without issue. I did notice some wilting when VPD gets out of wack. I’m by no means an experienced grower, but just wanted to share my 3wok experience.

I have a 3wok going in soil that is a few days behind yours. I’m giving her 600+ ppfd without issue. I did notice some wilting when VPD gets out of wack. I’m by no means an experienced grower, but just wanted to share my 3wok experience.

Post a pic bro. What age is she?

I’m going to be putting a purple nuggets in solo cup today and doing things my usual way.

My purple nuggets is growing real slow too. It’s a bit odd to be fair. It could be because I’m in a cold climate right now and my lights go off at night time. Hard for me to diagnose the problems this time around. I’ve never used canna coco either.

She is still growing quite fast so I’m not too concerned. Would just like to know what’s up. My other seedlings are a bit of a funny colour too, and based on them having stunted growth, I’d like to find out why

@St. Tom hope you don’t mind the tag bro. Have u ever seen anything like this? She seems to be growing a new node like every day or two, so I’m not overly concerned. Would just like to know what’s going on
My friend @Mañ'O'Green will be able to assist you more also i do think you can overwater coco earlier on but its different when you have a pot full of roots and with her i wouldnt feed her again till you feel shes becoming lighter dont let her totally dry out though

My friend @Mañ'O'Green will be able to assist you more also i do think you can overwater coco earlier on but its different when you have a pot full of roots and with her i wouldnt feed her again till you feel shes becoming lighter dont let her totally dry out though

That’s the plan bro. Gonna give her a while to try dry out a bit. She is also in a perlite mix. But I did have to give her a little canna coco to support her stem.

I feel like the canna coco without perlite isn’t providing enough oxygen, and I’ve over watered so they’re sitting in water really and that’s what’s stunted my growth.

Back to solo cups for me, boss

I have noticed some leaf twisting on all plants. They all seem to be growing thru it. It’s easier for me since it is in soil and there isn’t anything Im willing to do other than keep environment in tact.

Day 3:

I felt the PPFD was still a bit on the lower side, so increased it to about 300 ppfd. I am just about able to see the 2nd set of true leaves growing now.View attachment 1399545
I have noticed some leaf twisting on all plants. They all seem to be growing thru it. It’s easier for me since it is in soil and there isn’t anything Im willing to do other than keep environment in tact.

Two of three girls are showing twisted leaves for me too. My temps and humidity are pretty much good. Making me wonder if it’s genetic now that you’ve said that.

I’ve planted another purple nuggets in a solo cup and sat her on my light for some heat until she germinates. I’m certain she will fly in a solo cup compared to her sister in a 3gal pot. She is growing crazy slow. Going to be letting her dry out a bit then be very careful with how much water I give her.

@MrAutoGrower your plants look normal to me. Don't start chasing problems that do not exist. Do not let coco get dry - period. As long as you finish watering to 20% run-off by two hours prior to lights out your pots will not be too wet overnight. Make sure to have an air gap under the pots. I do not see trays to catch the run-off? Are you fertigating the coco correctly?

After the first set of true leaves are an inch or so long you can gradually turn the lights up over a few days to 42 DLI. Just think about it the sun does not have a dimmer switch. The plants can take it as long as the temp and RH are good at 78°F day 68°F night with RH>60% <75% for seedlings then >40%<60% as they mature.

Back