What Did You Harvest This Fall?

This will more than likely be my last outdoor grow. After the chopper scare this year it's getting too risky. I'll have my hydro setup running by the first of the year so it will all be indoors from here on in.

i hear that! outdoor is nerve racking!

and physically demanding, dangerous, and always full of curve balls...

I like the yields outside. they are great but the worry about police and theves takes a lot of the fun out of it. My gaurd dog is a great relief against the thieves. I do have a medical grow card so that helps a little with the cops.

i hear that! outdoor is nerve racking!

fact fact and fact! I was hoping for a stellar season... most was pretty good but the end turned into bud rot cit6y.... had to cut early almost evrything... tough year..... and then theres the sleepless nights... backbreaking water runs and proper fert schedules to maintian and all while maintaining the ultimate in stealth tactics.... jeez... well i guess i like challenges but damn! :smokebuds:
:dance2: :dance2:

Nelson , I'm about 4 hours south of you , but never heard of Early Marley . Most of the stuff in my area was based on early harvest genetics , then bred from there to keep within the seasons . Many did a seed patch outdoors and chose the best pheno for early maturity , then did it again , year after year . Sadly , many of the old timers that did that are gone and with them went the good strains . But a few of us have picked up the gauntlet and continued marching on .

i sure will Nelson, in my journals brotha...:smokebuds:

One of my Road Tests this Fall. I crossed White Widow with New York Diesel. I grew two of them outside this year from seed no clones. The plants and the buds on the plants were similar looking. Both were tall and had very nice buds . Well formed hard nugs. One was a little larger than the other but that might be because of their placement in the raised bed. The bigger one had South facing view and the other was in the middle. The plant was easy to clip. I am clipping the last plant today

The first plant I harvested with about 30% brown trichs and the plant I am cutting down today is about 80%. The taste was quite nice and the smoke very smooth with no coughing. The stone is about an 8 on my personal scale. It is very indica cross in its effect. Hard hitting front end and moderate lasting power. I like the cross and I am going to grow it again next year. I found the plant quite similar to a type I grew two years ago called Cindy 99. Same stone and easy smoking. I like the cross much better than White Widow it is a better smoke and better bud formation. I like the smell much better than New York Diesel which always smelled to me like stove oil mixed with an unidentifiable herb smell. The cross lost a lot of its oily smell.

That's all part of the decision as well. Trying to capture enough rain water, lugging it to the plants, spraying for mites, spraying for deer, worrying about LEO, etc. The rewards are great, and I couldn't survive the winter without it, but I've had enough. The fact that I'll start getting my Social Security in March also factored in. Eases the financial situation for the winters when I have no work.

fact fact and fact! I was hoping for a stellar season... most was pretty good but the end turned into bud rot cit6y.... had to cut early almost evrything... tough year..... and then theres the sleepless nights... backbreaking water runs and proper fert schedules to maintian and all while maintaining the ultimate in stealth tactics.... jeez... well i guess i like challenges but damn! :smokebuds:
:dance2: :dance2:

We tried some of the Pakistan Valley the other night, I liked it but the Mrs. hated it. Said it made her feel out of sorts and confused. I found it to be a very mellow indica stone, very relaxing but with a bit of an edge to it. Last night I tried the hash we made from it's clippings. 4-5 hits and I was toast. It wasn't a huge producer and the spider mites liked it. Got about 6 oz. from it and lost another oz. to the mites. It was the only plant they really bothered this year. I tried some of the Night Shade the night before last. Liked it a lot better. That was an early sample as it still needs a couple more days before harvest. More potent than the PV and a better stone and bigger producer.

Anyway give us a smoke test on whatever you have tried. I totally love the smoke tests by people who I trust their opinion. I'm really curious especially of the Pakistan Valley.

I envy yall having space to grow outside....the only time I had an outside grow, I had only one to make it through rabbits, pest, etc......and the nerves that kept me awake some nights....
Been doing mine inside ever since....
Oh yeah, I hear ya Muddy....started getting my SS early this year.....helps a bit....I actually retired at 50 but started remoding homes, mostly kitchens (women spend a LOT of money on their kitchens !!! )...loved it, stayed 6-8 months booked until this friggin MS cut me short....now nobody will let me handle anything sharp!!!

Back