What Press to Buy

Mozzy

growing
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
As I've been researching, it seems like presses don't go on super-sale at 4/20 based on old posts, so may just need to pull the trigger one of these days for medicating needs :baked:...looks like I'm leaning towards a 12 ton to not worry about future needs, but struggling between a gauge being worth it or not and would appreciate some feedback at current prices from folks as I know a few of you own/have used several of these models :vibe:

Presses March 2024.png

So, I currently have the nugsmasher xp…. And had the dulytek dw800.

I hands down like the nugsmasher better. The extra tons of pressing power, and the larger plates are the best parts. The gauge is really nice to have, also…. It makes it easy to replicate pressing techniques. I can press up to two ounces at a time.

The dulytek was nice because you just pushed a button. It was fine for pressing small amounts… less than 10 grams. I’m not gonna call it a downside, but it was very loud when pressing…. So that may or may not be an issue.

Maybe we can get @Lil Dab to share his thoughts.

1709329954666.png

So that is the press I have currently but that price does not include the pump and gauge. The pump ad gauge are another 150$ish but I am very happy with the press I recently upgraded from a dab press DIY caged kit. I was wanting a gauge and bigger plates and at the time I had a buyer for my old press but they backed out. I really do love the larger plates being able to press 2 large press bags at a time makes easy work of pressing 1-2 oz of flower. Where with my old press I could fit two small pucks but the tonnage would have been close. Plus I didn't have a gauge which isn't necessary by any means. I actually had to relearn how to press with the new press cause I was getting blow outs from going too fast. only cons I can come up with the new press is there is no room on the sides of the plates for extra paper incase of overflow but I can tip this press over and let the rosin run to front. The setup is a bit combersome if space is an issue this might not be the press for you. Also there only two little spots that magnetize so you can hold paper out of the way it works I am digging and being picky here. The press is a great setup but also I made plenty of fire rosin with my DIY setup so is the extra cost really needed or just a want. I think it all comes down to how much you're going to be pressing and your budget. IMO I would be looking at the DP-hr12t47 or the NS XP both presses will be more then us as home grower will ever need

1709330665156.png

1709330709492.png

IMG_8996.jpeg
IMG_8997.jpeg

View attachment 1668737

So that is the press I have currently but that price does not include the pump and gauge. The pump ad gauge are another 150$ish but I am very happy with the press I recently upgraded from a dab press DIY caged kit. I was wanting a gauge and bigger plates and at the time I had a buyer for my old press but they backed out. I really do love the larger plates being able to press 2 large press bags at a time makes easy work of pressing 1-2 oz of flower. Where with my old press I could fit two small pucks but the tonnage would have been close. Plus I didn't have a gauge which isn't necessary by any means. I actually had to relearn how to press with the new press cause I was getting blow outs from going too fast. only cons I can come up with the new press is there is no room on the sides of the plates for extra paper incase of overflow but I can tip this press over and let the rosin run to front. The setup is a bit combersome if space is an issue this might not be the press for you. Also there only two little spots that magnetize so you can hold paper out of the way it works I am digging and being picky here. The press is a great setup but also I made plenty of fire rosin with my DIY setup so is the extra cost really needed or just a want. I think it all comes down to how much you're going to be pressing and your budget. IMO I would be looking at the DP-hr12t47 or the NS XP both presses will be more then us as home grower will ever need

View attachment 1668738

View attachment 1668739
View attachment 1668741View attachment 1668740
lil dabs dab lab

I like both yours, and @Frankthetank 's current one but it's twice as much new or >20% more refurb'd...

and currently the DP I think does
that price does not include the pump and gauge

though not tax, where I am...it is on sale, growmies :pass:

DP Sale.png

Is this a stronger vote for the DP-hr12t47 and gauge/pump combo if footprint is kind of an issue regardless of what I get?

I like both yours, and @Frankthetank 's current one but it's twice as much new or >20% more refurb'd...

View attachment 1668742

Is this a stronger vote for the DP-hr12t47 and gauge/pump combo if footprint is kind of an issue regardless of what I get?

Yup your right that’s what I paid 593.30$ total I stand corrected :doh::gassy: But if the footprint is an issue and budget allows go with the NS. I really wanted the xp but to get everything I wanted it was outta my budget.

So the only other issue I’ve had if you’re going to be unhooking the pump and plates. I’ve had an awful time getting the air out of the system it always seems to airlock and I get a tiny stroke. It will take what feels like 1000 or more pumps to get the plates closed and build pressure but once you get the system bleed it’s good to go. Both times I’ve unhooked my pump it’s fought me

So the only other issue I’ve had if you’re going to be unhooking the pump and plates. I’ve had an awful time getting the air out of the system it always seems to airlock and I get a tiny stroke. It will take what feels like 1000 or more pumps to get the plates closed and build pressure but once you get the system bleed it’s good to go. Both times I’ve unhooked my pump it’s fought me
That is good to know, thanks.

I need to do some measuring and figure out exactly where one of these contraptions is going to reside.

View attachment 1668742

For what it’s worth, anything nugsmasher can be traded in for 80% of its value towards an upgrade…

Back